What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Random rant

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Well as mentioned in the OP, I was up for a simple QnA with a steward but fully ignored that request.
Considering the whole situation what happened and how the rules were enforced is quite sketchy and totally vague.

As for the 3 merged posts, that's not me so again that's just a way to avoid answering an easy question.

I can appreciate sarcasm, but not in this situation.
I think I answered your question - and explained the stewards decision.

Tim Greven

Reaction score
I think I answered your question - and explained the stewards decision.
Not really, as there is still the part that the position was returned after said incident still under yellow
and the other team that overtook both me and the car I let back past just got a warning.
Hence the question of and flaw in the stewards decision.

Just trying to get a clarification as the clear rules and said decisions are not 100% enforced.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Leave it Tim. As soon as a difficult question comes up we are all getting the "It is my forum I do what I want" - card. Pretty sad but I will take my conclusions out of this :)
Difficult question.. not really as I just replied I answered the question and explained the decision.
Please take whatever conclusion you must. I just can’t be bothered with the constant requirements from users demanding another review etc. I am not saying Tim did this but trust me if you see the contact staff after a IRR post.
A driver violated a rule = a penalty. We refer to a rule they breached with the actual penalty. If we were to explain every single decision we could be taking several weeks to gather a single division post.
But yet some users find that hard to understand - like you I see from your post.
Sad or not sad - it gets the job done. I’m not doing this to please the masses I’m doing this because i want to provide a fair but harsh league against drivers who make mistakes or at least those who do them over and over.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Not really, as there is still the part that the position was returned after said incident still under yellow
and the other team that overtook both me and the car I let back past just got a warning.
Hence the question of and flaw in the stewards decision.
Is there anywhere in the rule that states a “return position” if you overtook wrongly under yellow flag?
Heading to bed and honestly I can’t remember this incident I”ll gladly review the posts from stewards tomorrow - but may I suggest to use contact staff instead of a forum post. Like it has been suggested before. That way I have it on my to do list. However as explained I can’t keep reviewing incidents, stewards already did this. But I will look at the discussion about the incident.

Mike Hanemian

Reaction score
Just a quick thought regarding limiter and formation lap, I recall that SRCA rules allows to briefly disable limiter to close gaps during formation. I know we are supposed to read the rules before joining VLMS/VEC after graduating from SRCA but one can miss it and maybe assume he's allowed to.

Unifying this rule between VEC and SRCA could be beneficial, especially since SRCA is more about good behavior than performance.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a quick thought regarding limiter and formation lap, I recall that SRCA rules allows to briefly disable limiter to close gaps during formation. I know we are supposed to read the rules before joining VLMS/VEC after graduating from SRCA but one can miss it and maybe assume he's allowed to.

Unifying this rule between VEC and SRCA could be beneficial, especially since SRCA is more about good behavior than performance.
And yet rules have to differ between the series. Unfortunately not everything can or will be the same. I am putting a significant amount of time into VEC and don’t want to put the same amount into SRCA. This should be easier to go through, the higher tier the higher demands to drivers ;)