What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 8 - 24 hours of Le Mans

Marc Veit

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
First off all Thanks to the Entire SR.C Team for Manage this Season, I am glad i had the Chance to starting my SimRacing Journey in this Community it was a awesome Season for me with Big Wins and looses aswell. I look forward to the upcoming Events and Season !

Otherwise Special Thanks to @Marius van Wyk and Deltec who gave me the Chance to prove myself here in a LMP1 it was a good Time with the Team i cant thank this Guys enough
Thanks to @Elise Skinner who managed the VLMS Team and me aswell for this Season i look forward to work with you the next Year
Thanks to @David Jundt and @Thomas Hinss my both VLMS Teammates we had a great Season but Sadly without a Podium :/ next Season Full Attack Guys !
Thanks too @Nick Newcombe as Race Director and as a Mentor for Endurance Racing i hope we can work together in Future aswell
And thanks too Satellite Racing who picked me up after i needed it and a huge Victory in Sebring <3

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
The stewards last IRR posts have been posted.
Congratulations to winners of the championship, but also to everyone who participated in our 10th season. We´ve learned a few things, and is going into S11 a little bit wiser.

Now its time for a tiny break :)

I need the championship winning teams to send me a message - NOTE i need the manager to garther information regarding addresses of the following drivers, after that the manager should send me a message in contact staff.
@Niki Djakovic @Adam Taylor @Hany Alsabti
@Dennis Jordan @Tobias Polotzek @Argenis Riera
@Alen Terzic @Martin Dyrlund @Kasper Stoltze

@Daniele Cannistraci @Sten Ambus @George Manousakis @Erhan Jajovski
@Djimy Paul @Robin Bondon @Yohann Harth
@Reinhard Berger @Joona Karimaa @Mikko Korkiakoski @Martin Ulrik

@Ivan Rico @Fernando Cerrato @Antonio J Vicens @Johan Cuadrado Sanchez
@Niky Lence @Lorenzo Arisi @Giacomo Lapadula @Andrea Brunini @Salvatore Zitiello
@Sherwin vd Sloot @Henrik Hoier @Matej Surhanak @Alexander van der Woude

Zdenek Smarda

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Can you send PM link to VEC SteamWorkshop? :-D Because we all have License 4 - we dont have permision looking to thread :-D and now VEC S10 is not actually and i want unsubscribe the mod :)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Can you send PM link to VEC SteamWorkshop? :-D Because we all have License 4 - we dont have permision looking to thread :-D and now VEC S10 is not actually and i want unsubscribe the mod :)
It will be deleted soon, so it will simply disappear :)

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Any chance of a test server? Even if we're not sure of next year's cars, would be cool to do some laps in the awd rebellion.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Any chance of a test server? Even if we're not sure of next year's cars, would be cool to do some laps in the awd rebellion.
Not currently, except the ones thats already there.
Perhaps sometime next week, this would mean i would have to get things packed up again (Reb is not a part of the mod right now).

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Not currently, except the ones thats already there.
Perhaps sometime next week, this would mean i would have to get things packed up again (Reb is not a part of the mod right now).
If you have time next week that would be great, and a bit of a hot lap challenge is always fun. If too much other stuff happening though all good. Cheers.

Paco Torres Cutillas

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
After my first season at the Vec, and my first year in simulation ,I have mixed feelings. I am happy in general, not with my action that has been quite bad at the level of time and regularity, but of experience for the future as well as the components of my team that most are debutantes.

specifically in lemans, I did not like that after an accident and lose a wheel in the early hours of the morning, there was no commissar to declare the code 80 was very necessary, I had to do half a circuit to three wheels, reaching out to avoid clog and over they put me 2 stop and go,

Another thing was that, the stop and go, I sing exits in unlikely places, and therefore the sanction, but after making the pilot change and return to take the damn porsche, the first time I went outside, I returned to send a stop and go penalty, an incredible thing.

and good that we found 11 of our category and without getting add a miser point, I do not think it's fair, having a grill with 20 gt, I think the score scale that has been a little bigger and more for a race from 24 h.

now it's time to do self-criticism and see it is necessary to make sacrifices for so little benefit

regards

Mitchell Smith

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Wow.

Well, what a season it has been. For those of you who don’t know, Raijin Racing was little more than a concept I’ve had since before I knew VEC existed. It was a philosophy of teamwork and our three ‘trademark’ attributes: commitment, consistency and character.

Joona and Toni shared in my philosophy, and suddenly we had a team with no name. Then after I annoyed about twenty friends, we settled on Raijin Racing. I just want to take a moment to go back to these first baby steps and thank everyone who contributed to the image of this team. I was met with a lot of patience and excellent feedback and we all appreciate it even a year later. And we must have been doing something right because Henri, Reinhard, Quentin and Mikko all decided to join us on our journey. We also picked up Craig, but due to his busy schedule he ended up serving as our reserve driver, which we appreciate immensely. To accommodate that change, we brought in Martin. I want to take the time to go over all these guys later, but for the moment I just want to bring up statistics.

RACES ENTERED: 18
POLES: 8
PODIUMS: 12
WINS: 5

#8: 3rd in P1 with 125 points
#87: 1st in GT with 168 points

Every race has had its own little story and this being our debut season, we’ve had a lot to learn and a lot of rust to shake off. In the year we’ve had, there has not been a single argument, no drama. The entire team is tightly knit and it’s a cliché to say, but it really is like a family.

On that note I’m happy to announce that we will be retaining all our starting VEC drivers. Everyone made this decision straight away a long time before Le Mans. It really is just too much fun with this group of guys. And so…

The Team

You’ll have to forgive my admiration for German efficiency, but I’d like to go in alphabetical order here. Some people might be wondering why I don’t separate the P1 and GT guys. It’s quite simple really: the entire team works together as a whole, and we all get along so well that I only see a team performance, not one or the other. The P1 boys don’t celebrate without the GT boys, and vice versa. It’s a true team atmosphere here and I’m very proud of that.

@Henri Ahonen

One of our three Finns, Henri has probably shown the most development out of any of our drivers throughout the season. I cannot say enough for his dedication, natural talent and instincts in a car. The reason for his improvement is obvious: he is the living embodiment of the saying, ‘practice makes perfect.’ I’m quite sure he spends most of his free time driving. Apart from his insane commitment to racing, he conducts himself wonderfully outside of the car and is just a pleasure to race with.

@Quentin Benoit

As a driver, I admired QB during his drives at Le Mans last season. After joining us, that trend continued this season. Every time he’s in the car, his pace is exceptional and he’s just a rock under pressure. Outside of the car, he’s either extremely professional and efficient or very sarcastic and hilarious. Honestly, before the season started this guy could have joined any number of teams, so for him to pick us and for him to fit in like he has… his driving and setup knowledge are superb but he’s also a fantastic guy and we’ve very lucky to have him.

@Reinhard Berger

As far as I am aware, Mikko and Bergie have competed against each other for several years but never served on the same team together. It’s cool that now, they drive in the same car together as champions. Bergie is very German, a fact that he is only too happy to admit. So, he’s naturally fast, naturally efficient and naturally enjoys his beer. He’s quite funny for a German, usually without realising it. We all know him quite well and he has had a flawless season and drove immaculately every time he’s gotten in the car. Given that he originally struggled to come to terms with RF2 – he was one of the most reliable drivers in a GT car this season.

@Joona Karimaa

There are two people in the team that, if it weren’t for them Raijin probably wouldn’t exist today. This guy is one of them. From the start he has been a fantastic friend, a brilliant driver and a typical Finn. And I’m not sure which of those three is the better compliment. Seriously though, from Estoril his driving has been immense. I remember him testing all the cars non-stop for pretty much the entire pre-season, and then getting pole at Estoril with the fastest time in all three divisions. That kind of set the standard for his driving this season. He, together with Mikko, have been spiritual leaders in the #87 team and he deserves all the success he’s achieved this season. Jorski has been phenomenal.

@Mikko Korkiakoski

Anyone from GTR2 who knows this guy will know what he’s capable of. He came to us quite late, but his setup knowledge, his consistency and pace completely changed the dynamic of our team. Not to mention he’s probably the most sarcastic guy in the team along with Quentin, so he has his moments where he can be a little bit funny. But when it comes to racing, he’s the ultimate professional. I can’t really find words to describe this guy. Usually he brushes off positive comments and gets on with the job, but here at the end of the season I want to genuinely say this about Mikko: he epitomises dedication and racing intelligence, and this team would not be where it is without him.

@Toni Ukic

The other of the three Raijin founders, I’m going to have trouble completing this paragraph without swearing. This guy has been like a brother to me for the last few years. To race with him, to get podiums and see his passion and talent come out and enjoy something we started together is just… a feeling beyond belief. It’s like pride multiplied. Especially considering the bad luck we’ve had in the car the first half of this season and last year when we first started, to get it all together in the last few months was a damn good feeling. Okay, there. That wasn’t so bad.

@Martin Ulrik

What a legend. Martin is probably the most chill dude in our team. Third race of the season, straight out of SRCA. We’re looking for a driver, we give him a tryout. Mikko coaches him. In about half an hour he’s faster than most guys in D2. Fast forward to the end of the season, and he’s driven immaculately. No mistakes, flawless driving. This guy completely changed the dynamic of our #87 car and I know I keep saying that about everyone but it’s bloody true. Without him, we would have struggled in the 12-24 hour races and he matched Joona, Bergie and Mikko every single step of the way.

Thank you, everybody!

And finally, a thank you to @Jimmi Allison for handling all of our issues and conducting everything that he has for the season and of course @Bernd Schmidt for all the work he puts in as race director. When it’s racing time, we’re usually all business and our appreciation might not be shown, but we really do appreciate all the work you do. Thank you to our competitors also, Team Vires you guys were fantastic. The CORE boys and Witchwood, you pushed our GT lads the entire way and Witchwood jumping in our channel after the race was pure, pure class. Absolute respect to you guys, we can’t wait to see what you do next season.

So that’s that. We’ll have an announcement coming out before Le Mans, it might even be tomorrow so stay tuned for that. Make no mistake, we’ve got the rust off now. We’ll come back stronger next season.

Don Baumbach

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Here is our race report for Le Mans (Division 3, LMP1#20)
2018 VEC Le Mans – LMP1 #20 – Simhq Motorsports

Our win at Le Mans was a great way to wrap up the season 10 campaign.

There's more detail in the race report.... but I just have to point out that for much of the race, SHQM’s LMP1 #20 and Deltec Racing team’s LMP1 #18 were never really more than 2 minutes apart, and must have swapped positions a dozen times. After 24 hours of racing that close, you develop a sincere respect for your fellow competitors and appreciation for their talent. We salute you, Deltec Racing. @Marius van Wyk @Jarrod Vanderweide @Bruno Sousa Ferreira @Rob Timpen @Cameron Sansano

And appreciation to @Nick Newcombe for juggling Division 3 race control duties when he wasn't driving.

1528752744059.png

Gustavo da Silva

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass

Marius Nicolae

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Great Photos!!!!!
How do get those shots like that? Trough the replay?
Thanks Gustavo , yes from replay . There are so many guys who can do better than me :) , i just find a good cam,take the shot and put a bit more color on them and thats all :)

Gustavo da Silva

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Thanks Gustavo , yes from replay . There are so many guys who can do better than me :) , i just find a good cam,take the shot and put a bit more color on them and thats all :)
thank you for the reply, I mus texplore a bit more the replay of rFactor 2, try to get a few stuning shot like yours aswell.

Marius Nicolae

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Finally race highlights from 24h of Le Mans is ready and UP .

Please dont get hard on me for this 11 min , was really hard to make this race highlights ( using 1 cam over entire track , some lag on replays ...so many cars "dancing" left and right ) and working many , many days on it .

ENJOY !