What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 8 - 24 hours of Le Mans

Goran Djordjevic

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
The fight with Vires was just incredible after such a long race, sadly Vires got a cut penalty and then Kasper could cruise to victory, even managing to do a extra tyre change just to be safe.
Realy good fight with you guys on first 22 h.We gave averything we had to win this race but....after Kasper touched me in back(was not nessesary bcs corvet is like a TANK and ferrari like DIVA-we has 120sec repair in box) our ferrari was no more driveable on the stright with wheel turned 20 degrees on right .That is reason i got cut penalty in arnage..
Anyway congrats for sseason win and you realy deserve it !

THX to all the people that helpd to organize this greate event !!!
See you next year!

Adam Taylor

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
A good weekend for Team Vires taking the division 2 overall win, Second overall in and second in GT in division 1. Awesome way to end the season two more LMP1 titles and third in GT's. Really proud of the whole team great job by by all even @Erhan Jajovski ;)
Congrats to Veles, 1aco and Ramada Motorsport we had some fun battles through the season.

Daniel Almeida

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Race over in Le Mans, season over at VEC and we‘re actually glad to regroup and come back stronger next season.

S10 was a constant up and down for Ajira Racing in general and AR #99 specifically. We showed a lot of speed and could have fought for wins on most races. Winning 3 races in the end (2 for #99 and 1 for our sister car) was quite OK but clearly short of what we were aiming for.

LM was again such a race. We had the speed but we ended up failing on details (wrong tyre pressures, using the wrong spot to brake for the pit entry and some other silly things). On the upper side, #99 had an accident free race and quite a lot of fun out there, especially the fight with Blackhawk was one to remember. And finishing 3rd in the LMGT championship (tied on points with Vires) wasn‘t too bad.

Last but not least, huge congratulations to Nitor Velox. Your season was close to perfect. Enzo‘s mum must be a huge asset to the team. :)
See you all next season, motivated as ever. :)

Yuri Kasdorp

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I'm just comparing the speed diffrence this year's le mans compared to last year and it's pretty crazy. The jump in the level of the league has been gradually going up and I think it's gone a bit unnoticed.

Here are our average laptimes last year, where we won after a full incident free race with a couple code-80. These are made by my teammate Christian Michel:

Unbenannt.PNG

as you can see, 3:26.4 was the average laptime of full laps we completed, this is leaving out the in/out laps and code-80 laps. If you look at the top 3 from this year the diffrence is quite obvious:
unknown (3).png

As you can see, especially team Vires who were running 12 lap stints like we did last year with the audi are 2.5 seconds on average faster per lap! In the VELES car we again had a full clean race this time managing 13 lap stints in the porsche running long on tires. We ended up doing 11 laps more this year and even though there were a couple less code-80s and not as much traffic because the GT field was quite thin at the end the pace diffrence is quite unreal.

This year we gained 4 laps on pace alone compared to last year. Concidering the top 6 (!) finished within 3 laps after 24 hours means that either of these 6 teams would have won last years race if they run it like they did this time. That to me is just crazy, also because it has gone so unnoticed.

So here's to season 11, Our goal is to improve again and smash our lap record again like we did the last 2 years. I'm sure we will have to if we want to have even a chance winning next season!

Carsten Dyndegaard

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
A few words from Undercover Simracing!
We would like to start by thanking @jimmi Alison and the rest of the team behind VEC. Thank you for the great work you've done throughout the season. Special thanks to @Bernd Schmidt , who has done a fantastic job as race director in Division 2.
Also thanks to all the teams in Division 2. There have been many good battles on the track. And also been growing respect for each other on the track. In particular, LE Mans was characterized by incredibly fair driving and patience.

For our Lmp2, neither Le Mans nor Sonsson 10 became what we had hoped for.
The team was struck by the most strange problems in virtually every race in the season.
At times it felt like the pure lottery to complete a race.
The team has been up and running for podiums for several races, but has been hit by the game's whims every time.
Le Mans also became a long battle to se the checkered flag. But again there was an incredible team spirit and we got the car through the 24 hours.

The Gt car also had their accidents, but has shown incredibly good and stable driving. And the finish the championship in a shared 4th place is well deserved.
For long Le Mans looked to be able to bring a good result for the car. Unfortunately, a small accident occurred, and later two games chraches send the car out of the podium spots. But here too, the spirit was great and the car was brought home in a nice 5th place.

Many thanks to @Jimi Hughes , @Peter Noe , @Wilbert Velthove , @Alex Scott , @Nick Curry , @Christopher Pickford , @Jon Davies , @Adam Delmont , @Kian Donaldson , @Rasmus Andreasen for your work and effort throughout the season.

We look forward to see what season 11 will bring!!!

To return to some of the problems for the Lmp2 car in this race.
We had several lag spikes, where the car either stayed in the same place, or teleported several meters on the track.

We had a strange stop and go problem. It was as if while I was onboard and streamed, but did not drive, I picked up a stop and go penalties. When I took over the car after Jon, I realized that I had a penalty to be taken and it seemed that there were more than one. Jon jumped back and I left the server and came back, now without penalties. How can penalties be collected on my driving name when you're not in the car?

The last thing I do not know is game related. but twice in the 24 hours, my middle screen suddenly went black for 1 to 2 seconds. The one time I was not in the car, but the second time I drove on Mulsanne. They did not appear in the stream. But Chris had the exact same problem in his mindstint. also on mulsanne. however, only once. someone who has experienced the same or has an idea of what's wrong? we both have a GF 1080.

Attachments

Matt Strand

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
I could use help from everybody here. If a lawyer from AT&T calls asking if you know where I was on June 2nd around 3 in the afternoon just tell them I was in Long Beach California with my girlfriend. Much appreciated!

Seriously though, where we were at last year as a team here was not great. To many rough weekends 2 seconds off pace, getting in the way, and in my particular case crashing out of a few events. It was pretty bad. Couple of glimmering moments but overall it was an incredibly challenging year. Coming into this season we moved some people around and got everybody in a car they were comfortable with, continuing to do so through mid season even. Now we're sitting here Division 1 GT 2nd place in points and Division 3 P2 2nd place in points and I couldn't be more proud of everybody we had involved. Rounding up some of the old Deuces Motorsport crew with @Adam Baldwin @Eric Schmieder and @Nick Newcombe for this season was absolutely massive. Adam and Eric went on and did what they do best all year and I just tried to not screw it up in the 2 races I ran with them. Our seasoned veterans in Nick and @David Nichols took on a huge leadership role in our P2 car training a handful of guys either brand new to sim racing, rfactor 2, or endurance racing. They had to learn how to run and adjust strategy, not murder tyres over multiple stints, dealing with traffic etc. It's a lot to pick up in the short amount of time given with the caliber of people in this league now and yet they still managed to bring back a win in our home race at Sebring. Also, I haven't actually checked yet but I'm fairly certain @Ryan Walker is 1 of at most a small handful of people in the league who podiumed in points in 2 completely different classes. So that's pretty awesome too lol pretty diverse skill set to be able to pull that off this year.

hats off to @Jacob Pegg @Marc Veit @Jonatan Acerclinth and everybody else mentioned previously. We're really looking forward to expanding even further for S11 and making a serious run at a few championships now that we've got some old and new rookie rust knocked off. Massive thank you to @Jimmi Allison (even with the amount of crap I give you every year :p ) @Bernd Schmidt, and Nick for running the divisions on race day. Also big thanks to the broadcast and commentary teams, SRCA guys, and everybody else working behind the scenes. It's been a pleasure all, and we will most definitely see you all on the other side.

@Marius Nicolae we're going to have to work together on scheduling our stints together in the future so me and you can have a round 2 at Indy next season. Lets not cut it short with penalties ;)

Marius Nicolae

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
The only thing ( from my point of view ) what i can do about #67 car (Atlantic Racing with Sido, Martin and I ) adventure on 24h of Le Mans is in this clip .

P.S. You will see all 3 of us there and worth watching until the end :) .

ENJOY !

Last edited:

Nick Newcombe

VEC Division 3
Broadcast team
SRC Season pass
The only thing ( from my point of view ) what i can do about #67 car (Atlantic Racing with Sido, Martin and I ) adventure on 24h of Le Mans is in this clip .

P.S. You will see all 3 of us there and worth watching until the end :) .

ENJOY !

"Are you drunk man, OK, then you can drive" :lol: :Laugh::lol: :Laugh::lol: :Laugh:

Great video, we all went through the pain, the tiredness but enjoyed every minute. Great fight with our sister car #64 thumbs up to you as well :thumbsup: (y)

Thomas Jacobs

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
My view of the race. Thanks everyone for another great season of racing, hope to be on the grid in Season 11 :)

Sherwin vd Sloot

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
It's finally time for me to type a report about our season, and what a season it's been...

First off I want to thank my teammates, @Henrik Hoier , @Matej Surhanak and @Alexander van der Woude for there efforts this season! Henrik and I started off as a 2-man effort and we were very lucky to be joined by Matej and Alexander later down the road.

Now, about our season... Before the season started, we set a goal of wanting to score a win, somewhere down the line. Just the one win, and we could call it a successful season. In Indianapolis, we kicked off with a 3rd place finish, a beautiful way to start the championship. Round 2 brought us Fuji, and our first real shot at victory. Thanks to super solid laps by Henrik, we were around the podium positions when we got rain with around 90 minutes to go. In the closing 30 minutes the track was drying out rapidly when, on my slicks... I made a costly mistake that took away any shot at the win, but managed to limp home for another 3th place finish.

Round 3 brought Istanbul, a race I had to give a miss thanks to running in my first endurance karting race, so for this round, we brought in Matej. Henrik and Matej drove a great race, had some incidents as well (including a pretty major shunt between Henrik and an LMP1) but still brought the car home in 4th, our first non-podium but a very solid haul of points!

Round 4, Suzuka, and yet another round where a lot was possible. Early in the race I made unfortunate contact with one of our fellow GT competitors, putting us on the back foot. The server issue and following restart put things on it's head, and in the end, after and epic battle for the final 20-30 minutes between Henrik and one of the RGPL GT's, we crossed the line in 2nd place!

Then Interlagos... A race with mixed conditions and mixed emotions. Very early in the race there was a pretty hefty crash between myself and the SINL Porsche, costing a load of time and seemingly any chance for a positive day. We kept going though (after some much needed encouraging by Henrik and his better half) and with our rivals in the championship running into issues, we knew we had to try and salvage what we could. In the end, after a long and trying day, P7 was ours.

Next up, Silverstone, and we felt positive. Our first race with 3 drivers, as Alexander joined our crew. Another race in difficult conditions, a few mistakes here and there and simply not having the mad pace of the eventual winner, we came home in 2nd place, for yet another health haul of points.

Then, one of our favorites, Sebring! We struggled getting the car where we wanted it to be, and being a 2 man effort (the only race Henrik missed this year) left Alexander and me to have our go. And boy did we. We didn't have the absolute best pace, bit kept our nose clean, when, with roughly 2 hours to go, the rain came! At that time we were in 2nd place, close to going a lap down to our leaders - World of SimRacing. In the rain, I was able to put in crazy fast laps, closing the gap about 4 to 5 seconds a lap sometimes. A penalty for them happened, incidents with LMP2 cars happened to both our cars, and with 15 minutes to go we had another C80 when I caught up to the rear spoiler of the Corvette. When we went back to green, I knew I had to take the chance, and going into T17... I came out in the lead! The rest of the race I kept it cool, difficult as that was at times, and we finally managed to grab that victory we were pursuing for the entire season! This win, combined with a 3rd place finish for Racing Association meant we would go to Le Mans with a 13 point lead!

And now we had to seal the deal. And boy, did we struggle with the setup on our car. We just couldn't find the speed, and when we saw Racing Association's pace during qualifying, we felt we needed a miracle of some sorts. Incredibly, they stumbled into problems themselves quite early on already, and even though we did as well, we had a sizable lead. Absolutely superb driving by both Henrik and Matej meant we worked our way up the order one place at a time. By whatever major miracle was going on, we at one point even seemed to have an outside shot at winning the race, but a couple stupid mistakes by yours truly quickly ruined that (slim) chance. With about 4 hours to go, I gave the car up to Henrik in 3rd at the time with Racing Association down in 8th or 9th at the time, 8 laps down on our car. Within the hour Henrik started having stuttering issues, and played it safe by handing the car over to Matej. This unplanned stop lost us a shot at a podium altogether, although pre-race we wouldn't even dare dream about being in the running for a podium! Matej kept it together, did what he had to do when, with about 15 minutes to go, disaster! He had an accident entering turn 1 and we had to go for some late repairs. With Matej fixing the aero damage, things seemed ok when, out of the blue, rubberbanding/lagging issues! We contemplated swapping drivers on the final lap, but the lagging disappeared as quickly as it came, so we skipped that idea and had Matej drive the car home, ultimately getting p4 by about 2 minutes over p5, but, most importantly, enough points to secure the D3 GTE championship!!!

Another massive thanks to my teammates and all the other guys at SimTech Motorsport for all the help in fixing setup issues, a shout out to our competitors in the GTE field who kept up on our toes all season, massive well done to everyone! A thank you is also in order for @Nick Newcombe for taking on the task of race director for division 3, plus everyone who supported him along the way.

We are certainly looking forward to season 11 with new cars, a new variety of tracks but, hopefully, similar amounts of great racing!

Thanks everyone!

Andrew Ford

VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
is the practise server now less rubbered than before? i went on and my times are way slower than in the race and previous practise :-S

Frans-Jan Romme

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Exclusive Racing Series Team 2
#59 Div3 LM-GT Exclusive Racing Series 2
Crewchief : Frans-Jan Romme
It was for us the first season VEC, as 2nd team of Exclusive Racing Series 2 Firstly, I want to thank the organization of the VEC for their dedication, tribute
We have been able to take advantage of the # 58 experience in setups ect, Thanks you guy’s for that. It was a great season with ups and down, all in all a
nice experience. We have experienced beautiful moments and less beautiful moments, beautiful race's fights ect. The qualification usually went well and in the
race we tried to stay constant and so to stay ahead of the other ... Sometimes that worked and sometimes not, but that's it beautiful on the long distance races.
LeMans 24h wass A hell of a race, we did good and the team wass flexible and constant. With this I would like to thank my team @Rik van Aerle, @Jean Paul from Aerle,
@Sander Bouma and @Rob Boswinkel for their dedication, flexibility and I am proud of being in the team boss of this team.... Lets go to S11, with a big different in Team #59

Daniele Pizzo

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Hello to all
Just to compliment the winners of P1 P2 and GT for the great season
I have to thank the staff for the great work done..... every year is always harder for us old folks anyway we try ;):cool:

Giacomo Lapadula

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
An epic race for ReBorn Racers on D3! Congratulations to the 24H pilots, my teammates @Niky Lence @Lorenzo Arisi e @Salvatore Zitiello very hard work at Lemans and throughout the season, unfortunately I was not able to participate as the last three years, but I followed the progress of the race for what is the incredible charm that this race returns. but in the previous events I had a lot of fun and we did a lot of points, up to winning the P2 championship in Division 3. Good fight until the last race with the Triple M team, really fast ... congratulations, but pity about how it ended :(

Finally a title has arrived on this excellent portal. thanks to all the staff of SRC, @Jimmi Allison e @Nick Newcombe for hard work in this season. I'm really impressed by your dedication and precision dedicated to this sport in this portal, thanks again.
All that remains is to make an appointment for the next season, where important innovations are presented.

hello to all pilots, TM, DG

Gasper Zupan

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
#161 Troyan Donut Automotive
Division 3
They say good things come to those who wait. Well.. sometimes it's just the other way around. In 2017 our team planned to conquer 24h of Le Mans in 2019, participating in VEC S11. We started the season in VLMS, but after few races there, we recognized it's racing time is way too short for three guys. We are new to endurance racing and basically to rf2, so we needed more racing mileage to progress at least a bit. So to our huge delight we received an unexpected opportunity to do all three classics already this year. We went for it and here we are, we finished the race of all races in our 1st attempt. That was our goal --> to finish. Speaking for myself, everything above that is just a bonus.
I deliberately waited posting a report, to settle down all the emotions a bit, otherwise this would be a long reading. Of course I also needed to rest a bit as I was awake for 26 hours without sleeping.

So.. the race. We started on p14, after 24h we finished on p6. After 12 hours of racing we were on p1 in full battle with top teams from D3 o_O I really couldn't ask for more for our first race in Le Mans. Yeah, of course we did stupid mistakes and all that, but I believe that's all included in the VEC learning package. At least nobody else was compromised by our actions, but ourselves. I received 3 x 10sec s&g penalty just 2 laps before planned driver swap. I made a mistake on the braking and spun #161 Corvette into Playstation chicane. I returned to the track in such a stupid way, that I believe even rf2.exe went like: "Really??" :confused: I served all the penalties. The second big mistake was, as I forgot to shade my windows over the night. So I had two sunrises on Sunday morning. One in Le Mans and the other one at home with bright sun shining from the side of my monitor. Oh yeah, shiny dx15 :cool: Then I also had that freeze/teleport bug. A lmp overtook me just before Playstation chicane then suddenly went into the barriers and disappeared. I knew whats coming next, so I just prayed he wont come back before I exit the chicane. I positioned my car straight and full throttle in case he comes back behind me. Which he did, but there was enough room so he could safely pass me again. I need to check my replay to see what car that was, so we can send tracelog to Jimmi. We also already analyzed two mistakes of my teammates. They each made one mistake in 24 hours. Both mistakes came out of inexperience, so we all learned somethings out of them.
At this point I would also like to thank them both for incredible journey we had. Just amazing how it all turned out in the end. We had very very difficult pre-season time. Somehow we put things together and it came out brilliant. So, thank you @Gasper Grebenc for incredible qualifying sessions and pace you had during races. You brought major contribution to our on track success. The worst thing you can say to this guy: "Gasper, you'll need to save some fuel in next few laps" :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: And thank you @Bozo Fujs for providing us with all those HUD overlays, live telemetry, Discord stuff and other candies. It would be impossible to enjoy all those races (on track and off track) without your work. If I just can't imagine managing a single race without all that info. Great stuff, but please.. no more last minute simhub overlay/telemetry updates :D They're bad for my cardiology system ;)

On behalf of whole team I would like to thank VEC, VLMS and Media crew for doing what they do to keep these incredible events going. You all are amazing bunch of people. Thank you for your hard work!
A very special thank you to @Matej Lakota for welcoming us here on SRC, guiding us through SRCA and encouraging us during season. What a nice gesture!! :thumbsup: (y)

Congratulations to all championships winners and thank you all racers for a very fair racing and high racing standards. See you in S11.

Paul Schuman

SR.C License 4
Well, first all congratulations to Jimmi, SRC, and all of its members on a great season/event. Very proud of the Champion boys to bring it home... well either P1 or P2, depending on what happened at the end but overall a great run for us. Have to say that whatever the ultimate finish is I have to dedicate this podium to my father who passed away last year. My dad was the first person in our house to buy a wheel (and GPL) he got me into both racing and sim racing and was always interested in my sim racing, so I know he'd have been very proud.

As for me, this was almost certainly my last race in VEC. The level of competition and the standard of driving is so much higher than it was when the league first started. To be perfectly blunt I felt like such a total plebe driving last weekend. It's a testament to how the league has improved and grown. I hope to be able to help out in some way but my driving days in this series are over.

Last edited:

Nick Newcombe

VEC Division 3
Broadcast team
SRC Season pass
Well, first all congratulations to Jimmi, SRC, and all of its members on a great season/event. Very proud of the Champion boys to bring it home... well either P1 or P2, depending on what happened at the end but overall a great run for us. Have to say that whatever the ultimate finish is I have to dedicate this podium to my father who passed away last year. My dad was the first person in our house to buy a wheel (and GPL) he got me into both racing and sim racing and was already interested in my sim racing, so I know he'd have been very proud.

As for me, this was almost certainly my last race in VEC. The level of competition and the standard of driving is so much higher than it was when the league first started. To be perfectly blunt I felt like such a total plebe driving last weekend. It's a testament to how the league has improved and grown. I hope to be able to help out in some way but my driving days in this series are over.

Sad day indeed @Paul Schuman but understand where you coming from reference the quality of opposition in todays competition. Hope to see you take some part in league. I remember our fight to the finish in season 4 with myself and Ville keeping you at bay only with a big effort at Le Man. Special days and special memories. Speak soon my friend.