What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 8 - 24 hours of Le Mans

Dennis Jordan

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
(#37 P2 - Div1) I'm not the typ of guy normally posting reviews here, but after a long season it might be a good chance to do it at least once :)

Going into the race we knew had had a pretty good chance to seal the championship, but with 3wide always being mega around LeMans and SimTech always being mega the longer the race, we still had to do our part of the job. With Argenis not able to make this one, it was only Tobias and me, definitely not easy, but as many other teams have shown too, some much better than us, it was possible without major drama. Practise was limited to a very few laps, as it has been all season, but the way these endurance races work, it is not really needed once you got a somewhat comfortable setup and did a few laps through traffic and it's much more about having the motivation to still race after xy hours and being adaptive to all the crazy things that can come along.

Lost the lead straight away in T1, but letting that madman Lind through at some point was planned anyway. We knew they would be much faster after we saw them in Qualifying and also tried to save some fuel at the beginning. We expected everyone to pit on lap 11 every stint and wanted to get some separation from all those around us early on and do 12 laps, so we could later use one more lap on low fuel against the others on full and well worn tyres to make up some time. Really surprised all went in on lap 10 already, which basically gave us 2 laps more right away and also one more lap per stint coming. We actually have been doing this all season long, but nice some people now noticed @Thomas Jacobs :p

Loosing out a bit in the beginning, but gaining back in the next stints as planned, we had quite a big gap and nearly a stopp advantage early on, obviously helped by a little crash of Nitor Velox at some point. After we saw 3wide completely gone early on too, we just wanted to make it through and clocked one long stint after another. Tobi did an amazing stopp in his, extending the lead even more, but we knew that eventually Nitor Velox would catch us again. Collected a few 10s S&G penalties over the night and indeed loosing the lead to Nitor during that, but we kept clean of all other drama all day (or two days) long.
Tried to get somewhat clever against Nitor, going offset on tyres and doing 12 lap stints again, but there was nothing that could have been done against there amazing pace, so we just concentrated on keeping it where we were and not letting SimTech get too close to us. (They were also only two people, but did even crazier stint lenghts than us!)

Got the (not so) good old Oreca over the line in P2, sealed the Championship and got our 7th podium in 8 races. Also the 4th race on the podium together with our LMP1 friends!

The season has been absolutely amazing, well organised by all the people behind SRC, mostly @Jimmi Allison, has had top notch quality broadcast (thanks to all commentators over those long races!) and had really good racing too. The P2 class had some serious good teams with Nitor Velox setting the pace nearly everywhere, but not getting the results all through the season, 3wide giving us some super fun ontrack battles and also and amazing championship fight, SimTech always being the guys to look out for in long races... they surely know hot to win these(!) and also the Team Spirit giving us a great battle in Sebring and also being always right up there in the battle for victory!
Winning it is great, although we also had a lot of luck, or others bad luck, through the season. It's part of it I assume.

Both @Argenis Riera & @Tobias Polotzek have been great teammates and we all had races that one of us just carried us to victory on his own. No matter how bad it looked, we never gave up and always gave 100% to get the best result possible from where we were!
I'm sure our LMP1 guys will post some review with some damn good pic again soon! See you all next season (hopefully)! :)

Last edited:

Stephen Bailey

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Social Media
As someone that has raced here for a number of years, I have to remark on the standard of driver we have now. Every single year, the competition has gotten stiffer. This year it went up more notches than I think I've ever seen. The closeness of the P1 field on lap time was absolutely staggering. For us to run a race with no damage repairs and come home in 5th, 2 laps down is a testament to the skill of so many drivers here. Every P1 that finished went laps beyond the lap count from last season. We're not talking 1 or 2 laps, we're looking at 8-11 laps for the top 6. Sure, there was less traffic and less code 80 running, but that is an incredible jump in performance from everyone.

As for us, we knew we weren't the fastest, we're fairly pragmatic in that regard. We simply stuck with our strategy from last year and to finish just the two laps off the lead, in a field that is this good is nothing to be upset about. Was our approach the fastest overall? Maybe not, but we ran what was fastest for us and had a whole lot of fun doing it. We knew we couldn't get 13 laps out of a tank without unreasonable amounts of fuel saving, so we went outside the box! :) I can't praise the guys enough. To bring it home without a scratch on the car after 24 hours...well, you literally can't ask for more than that.

Personally, I was just happy to be somewhat close to everyone. Having not driven the R18 since Le Mans last season, while not being able to do some proper practice until the Friday before the race, I wasn't sure I'd be able to get anywhere near decent pace. Despite my fears, the first four stints were really damn fun.

Some final little stats for us. In S8, after some technical issues, we finished 2nd, some 7 laps down. S9 we got caught up in the mess of others and ended 4th, 6 laps down. This year we finished 5th, just 2 laps off the lead. If that continues we'll probably be 7th next year and on the lead lap!

Here's to S11 being even better!

P.S. How about that 919? Not so slow at Le Mans after all. ;)

David Serra

VEC Division 2
VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
SRC Season pass
Last hour, I will not forget this in a long time ... 30 seconds separates us with Satellite Racing.

I miss the pit stop. tertre rouge I realize that I have :sick:... 0.7 liters, WTF, each straight with the clutch tight. I get to reach box. Thanks to this we managed a stop less than Satellite Racing.

Second place, our best result this season.

I want to thank all the team, :) @Jorge Paton Cervigon , @Pedro Peralta , @Fermin Primitivo for sharing good and also bad times this season.

Congratulations to Reborn Racers, intractable, @Niky Lence @Lorenzo Arisi @Salvatore Zitiello

Congratulate the effort and patience of @Nick Newcombe , in his role as administrator

We thank the entire SRC team for this show! We hope to be next season!! :thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y)

Nick Newcombe

VEC Division 3
Broadcast team
SRC Season pass
Last hour, I will not forget this in a long time ... 30 seconds separates us with Satellite Racing.

I miss the pit stop. tertre rouge I realize that I have :sick:... 0.7 liters, WTF, each straight with the clutch tight. I get to reach box. Thanks to this we managed a stop less than Satellite Racing.

Second place, our best result this season.

I want to thank all the team, :) @Jorge Paton Cervigon , @Pedro Peralta , @Fermin Primitivo for sharing good and also bad times this season.

Congratulations to Reborn Racers, intractable, @Niky Lence @Lorenzo Arisi @Salvatore Zitiello

Congratulate the effort and patience of @Nick Newcombe , in his role as administrator

We thank the entire SRC team for this show! We hope to be next season!! :thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y)
What an ending indeed, from chatting about your missed fuel stop and being so pleased you made it back round. To suddenly having to take RD hat off and jump back in car for last 90 minutes.
The gap between us was a maximum of 30 seconds, but one run we had was nose to tail the entire stint. I think I got loose exiting last section of Porsche and you pounced.
We exchanged 2nd position on pit stops. But with you sitting 13 seconds behind with 12 minutes remaining I came in for our final splash and dash. We knew 3rd was a great result as we worked our fuel requirements, all I could was to try and drive as hard as I was able in them last few minutes.
Was pure joy to be up against you guys.
24 hours of driving and 30 seconds between us, what a way to close S10 out.

Dennis Lind

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I want to write a report on behalf of all of us here at Nitor Velox LMP2;

#30 Nitor Velox LMP2 Division 1
We kicked off Le Mans with a new approach, as we didn't have the most successful season as we expected, we were there or thereabouts, sometime even above expected pace, but we never really had the luck during the races, few rookie mistakes and few mistakes that could've been resolved with more work, but as time has been limited for all of us (Work, Exams, Ladies, Enzo's Mom and Racing) we simply couldn't have done it better than we did in retrospect.
For Le Mans, we started practicing very early, getting to find our definite base, and work from there, I believe during the last month the only work we had was just a minor tweak to the rear anti roll bar, and dropping the sandbags, see the way we've worked is just matching everyone elses pace by forcing us selves to be slower, seems like it worked pretty well for Le mans.
Starting the race I was quickly to jump into first position after starting 2nd just behind Dennis Jordan in the 1aco outfit, making a decent gap and trying to think if it was worth pitting a lap early due to the GT traffic, that seemed to work out pretty well, because even though 1aco stretched their first stint, there wasn't really a benefit for them in the end.
However tragedy struck once my 2 brain cells failed to cooperate, when passing a GT car into Indianapolis and entered the corner about 8km/h too fast, which ended up with a lost front end and 300 seconds of repairs after hitting the wall at 15 km/h....... So starting the race 2 and half laps down was surely something that would get the blood pumping in your veins, after working hard for around 2 months trying all hope was lost, for me, and my already stressed out couple of brain cells.
Frederik and I was left alone for the first few stints as Joakim was away for what he claims was a birthday, but I'm sure he was busy having sexual orgies in the suburbs of Copenhagen.
Frederik did an amazing job being super consistant and keeping the car spotless for his stints and that continued once Joakim Pulled out/returned from the birthday.
Just after midnight we saw ourselves on the lead lap and in Top 5 catching the leaders with rapid pace.
Around 2am if memory serves me correctly we were in striking order of SimTech who had positioned themselves in a very respectable 2nd behind 1aco still leading the race.
Simtech didn't make this easy for us however, as they were quite stubborn on holding on to their 2nd position we saw ourselves battling for 2 corners(!) and then giving way to a charging Dennis who had regained full consciousness of said brain cells.
I remember telling Frederik at this point that I was hungry for some Taco in which he politely responded with what can only be described as the sound when you make when you and your loved one has finished bed business.
by the end of that stint I was in 1st position ready to Joke around with the commentators.
As the light started to glow over Le Mans again, a few speculations around the forecast made us a bit uneasy, due to many showers that had occurred during the night in Rural France.
Just before we had scheduled the rain to start in Le Mans, something weird happened, the clouds that were arriving, started to split, which meant that no rain would arrive during race time at Le Mans.
We were determined to keep pushing and showing our pace, both Joakim and Frederik managed to go fast and keep the car in first during my break for 3 hours in the morning.
Returning to the car around 13:20 local time the goal was set, and we wanted to win Le Mans by a lap, slowly catching up to the 1aco car which had been charging as hard as they could they made a small mistake which send them spinning in Indianapolis which caused a small damage to our front end, which didn't hurt our performance at all.
We finished the race, winning with a lap count 2 numbers higher than the respected 2nd finishers.

To end this fairy tale, I would like to thanks Jimmi Allison, SRC, Frederik and Joakim for and amazing event and amazing season.

We will see you in Season 11, with an even stronger and more determined team.
Dennis Lind
Nitor Velox.

David Serra

VEC Division 2
VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
SRC Season pass
What an ending indeed, from chatting about your missed fuel stop and being so pleased you made it back round. To suddenly having to take RD hat off and jump back in car for last 90 minutes.
The gap between us was a maximum of 30 seconds, but one run we had was nose to tail the entire stint. I think I got loose exiting last section of Porsche and you pounced.
We exchanged 2nd position on pit stops. But with you sitting 13 seconds behind with 12 minutes remaining I came in for our final splash and dash. We knew 3rd was a great result as we worked our fuel requirements, all I could was to try and drive as hard as I was able in them last few minutes.
Was pure joy to be up against you guys.
24 hours of driving and 30 seconds between us, what a way to close S10 out.
keep an expense of 6.70L / lap to reach the end, 4/5 laps at 6.70 was enough to give 11, tiredness an nerves did not help

Eric Schmieder

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
#64 Satellite Racing

This race had everything for us... From early morning anticipation butterflies to depths of despair/disappointment to the feeling of accomplishment, reward, and achievement. I'm not sure I have the words to describe all of the feelings before, during, and after the race on Sunday, but it sure does constitute a "moment" in my life that I will remember. What an experience!

We didn't qualify as well as we had hoped (P6 after Zansho was relegated for not being on server at end of session) with a time that was achievable in race trim for us, but that's what you get when you don't practice that sort of thing and don't do any laps at night prior to the session.

Fast forward to start of the race - Things were looking okay for us up until somewhere around hour 5 mark when Matt was in the car for his first stint. Apparently, Matt's neighbor was either having cable turned on or installed. Long story short, the ISP was working on a neighbor's cable box and accidentally cut the wrong cable (Matt's). Needless to say, Matt was dropped from the server. Because only Matt could rejoin and us not fully knowing why he was dropped at the time, I thought we were done and a result in the championship indicative of our season would not be had (see despair/disappointment). After about 30 minutes (8 laps), Matt's internet was restored. Thanks to the rejoin feature, we were back in it with the motive of at least finishing the thing.

Hour after hour, stint after stint we plugged along chasing the "what if" and "depends on this or that" scenarios. Unfortunately for our competitors, hour after hour, stint after stint, misfortune of some sort would fall on them. Matt had a nice fight with @Marius Nicolae and Atlantic at around the 20 hour mark, which certainly was a highlight for us. Other than that, and catching cars laps ahead of us, each of us got into a calm/meditative state around this wonderful circuit. After swapping to Adam at the end of my 3rd stint in the car, I had trouble figuring out how to close rF2 and physically get out of my seat from fatigue and coming back to reality after complete immersion (I can't even begin to imagine what VR must be like).

At the end of the day, while not boasting or happy about competitors' misfortune, we were there at the end to pick up the pieces and claim 5th in GT. We ended up with about the same deficit as handed to us by the cable guy to the leaders. Our pace was clearly better than P5, but we dealt with our situation and did the best we could with it - Isn't that endurance racing? It was certainly an achievement just to finish!

Our reward: P2 in the season standings by 3 points (at least according to the page today 4 June :) ). Considering our goal was Top 5, this is a fantastic result that makes me so proud. Understand this is a team sport, but I've run in 15 sim races (includes SRCA and this season) in the last 5 years... and @Adam Baldwin not many more. What was supposed to be a learning season turned into much more than that... Thank you @Matt Strand for bringing us back into it and trusting us.

To @Stephen Bailey 's point - the competition is ridiculous. Hats off to everyone. Congratulations for your championship season and setting the pace over the thing that matters most... the race distance @Martin Dyrlund , @Kasper Stoltze , @Alen Terzic . It has been a pleasure racing everyone in the category this season.

@Jimmi Allison and the rest of the admins - One huge THANK YOU.

Here's to a short summer and Season 11.

- Eric

James Johnson

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
As someone that has raced here for a number of years, I have to remark on the standard of driver we have now. Every single year, the competition has gotten stiffer. This year it went up more notches than I think I've ever seen. The closeness of the P1 field on lap time was absolutely staggering. For us to run a race with no damage repairs and come home in 5th, 2 laps down is a testament to the skill of so many drivers here. Every P1 that finished went laps beyond the lap count from last season. We're not talking 1 or 2 laps, we're looking at 8-11 laps for the top 6. Sure, there was less traffic and less code 80 running, but that is an incredible jump in performance from everyone.

As for us, we knew we weren't the fastest, we're fairly pragmatic in that regard. We simply stuck with our strategy from last year and to finish just the two laps off the lead, in a field that is this good is nothing to be upset about. Was our approach the fastest overall? Maybe not, but we ran what was fastest for us and had a whole lot of fun doing it. We knew we couldn't get 13 laps out of a tank without unreasonable amounts of fuel saving, so we went outside the box! :) I can't praise the guys enough. To bring it home without a scratch on the car after 24 hours...well, you literally can't ask for more than that.

Personally, I was just happy to be somewhat close to everyone. Having not driven the R18 since Le Mans last season, while not being able to do some proper practice until the Friday before the race, I wasn't sure I'd be able to get anywhere near decent pace. Despite my fears, the first four stints were really damn fun.

Some final little stats for us. In S8, after some technical issues, we finished 2nd, some 7 laps down. S9 we got caught up in the mess of others and ended 4th, 6 laps down. This year we finished 5th, just 2 laps off the lead. If that continues we'll probably be 7th next year and on the lead lap!

Here's to S11 being even better!

P.S. How about that 919? Not so slow at Le Mans after all. ;)

The overall pace was nuts. Unfortunately we slipped to 8 laps down due to our accident in the early morning losing 20 minutes in the pits along with 2 60 second stop and go's. To pass lap 399 after that still just shows how hard everyone was pushing. :)

Nicolas Hillebrand

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
#44 Magenta Warriors Racing Team
The weeks before the race we already realized that it was going to be an uphill battle for us, which confirmed even more 2 weeks before the race when my seat broke and 1 week before the race when the replacement hadn't arrived yet and no one else could qualify. Now the hill was even steeper than before and it turning out that we were only 3 instead of 4 drivers for the race and having to reschedule due to issues of one of our guys made it even steeper.

Race Day:
As I had feared before the race, we had to start from 34th, so dead last at the end of the GT field and we would lose huge amounts of time due to this season's start procedure.
Somehow I made it past the entirety of the GTs in the first lap and then just started chasing after the cars in front. After 2 stints, Matt took over and started giving chase again, since I had to take off to drive another league on Raceroom (when you sign up to too many leagues so you try to make it work at any price possible).
Throughout the night, Matt and Dan made immense process, going up to 4th place and looking at a possible podium, a situation which remained until I took the wheel and got hit with yet another stop&go penalty and gave the wheel back to Dan for the final 1.5 hours in a gamble to catch GTItalia in the last laps. He did a brilliant drive and we finish like 20-30 seconds behind them in a fantastic P4 and finally for the first time in 3 seasons of competing here, finishing the race.
So one of the 2 best finishes of our season, which was a nightmare, and the Oreca 05 is spending the rest of it's days down in hell as Satan's everyday vehicle.

Thank you SR.C and Jimmi for running this league, as it's (almost) always a lot of fun to race here, thank you Dan Kell and Matt Richards for a fantastic night and finish stint, and thanks to rest of the LMP2 class for always being very competitive and very fun to race in!

I hope I'll see many of you again next season (except for Nitor Velox, please guys, terrorize LMP1 or something, we can't take this shit Dennis.)

Nicolas Hillebrand,
Magenta WRT

P.S. Seriously Dennis, please don't come back stronger and more determined, you already did a 3:34 you bloody nutcase o_O

Yuri Kasdorp

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
What a nice story Dennis, so many ups and a couple downs! It makes me want to do a race review for the VELES LMP1.

The story begins last year, where we fought Vires all season long and it could still go either way in the championship. We were concidered one of the favorites for le Mans as we had an Audi which has the advantage here. Christian tought he put it on pole but because of some cut tracks. In the race we ended up keeping our noses clean at the start when an agry brittish streamer forgot how long his car was and caused a bit of a wreck, and the rest of the 23:59 to win the 24h of le Mans, but because Vires had a strong comeback we missed out on getting the championship by just 2 points.

In the summer break we decided it was time for a change after 2 years of driving a diesel and we picked the porsche. It took us too long to get the speed in the car and halfway down the season our championship hopes were over. In the 2nd half of the season we had a fast car every round, and even when we tought we won at Suzuka an unlucky code-80 took it away. Which meant we got to le Mans, a year later in the Porsche without a win the whole season. In the championship we got to P3 by getting average finishes all season long, but 50 points down on Vires who had an impressive season meant we had no chance to win.

In qualifying Yuri managed to not set a lap when the rubber was high in the last 30 minutes of the session, but he found some grip in the wet and using morse code to communicate with the LMP2 nitor velox car he managed to make them angry and slow them down enough to miss their pole by passing them into arnage. It meant a pole for us however and we were set to start the 24h from the front.

At least we tought.

Yuri panicked a bit when nothing happened for what seemed to be minutes after the countdown to grid went to 0, and because he couldn't see the time left in VR he decided to start the formation lap which the made the game upset. It decided to DQ us before the race even started but thankfully lord Jimmi made sure we could start from the pits. This meant that we started behind the slower classes and we were around 40 seconds down on the P1 car field. Through this we had a nice and relaxed start of the race without too much on track action. Running 13 lap stints meant we were slowly creeping back up to the rest of the field and after some fast stints from Christian and interesting pit entry tactics from some audi teams we found ourselfs at the head of the field about 1/4th into the race.

When Ricardo showed up a bit late because of some confusion over time zones, it meant he missed his first stint which Christian ended up doing. Because he had to work both Saturday and Sunday we had to make use of the time he had with us and we put him in for 4 stints, so Christian could get some rest. The first 3.5 stints went without issues and a code-80 which meant we could get a full service under yellow, but some track cuts meant a stop & go had to be served and we put Yuri back in on slightly used tires.

Yuri started his stint with GNS closing down with less fuel in the car, and just before they cought up they ran out of fuel. This became a thing for the next hour or so where every stint the gap would grow slightly. The luck came to us a bit when he was 1 lap from the end of his stint and an incident meant another code-80 and another full service under yellow which our main competitors couldn't take advantage from. From that point just before halfway we had a lead of around 1:30-2 minutes.

Ricardo got back into the car for another 4 hour stint to make full use of him as this was the last he was able to drive. He drove a couple great stints until Christian got back in for his morning stint (at 4am) and he took over where Ricardo left off. When the sun set our lead was around a lap and with Yuri and Christian alternating stints to the end we took it easy and gave up around 30 seconds to Vires. They however had a small incident again which made them finish just over a lap behind.

I want to thank my teammates, Christian who drove a lot of the race on an amazing pace and Ricardo who had to work both days and drove some really long stints while being sick.
I also want to thank URD for the cars we used for years. Sure the cars are way outdated by now and we're long due for some change but they provided great racing since I joined here over 3 seasons ago. Even though the BoP with the Nissan was controversial at best, the Audi and Porsche have always been insanely close while being very diffrent to drive. I think we showed here that even at a track concidered heavily audi favored that the Porsche can be made very competitive.
Of course I also want to thank everyone for going along with the Enzo's mom jokes, good stuff keeps the long race from getting too hard. (unlike me with Enzo's mom of course)
Lastly I want to thank the staff for keeping the league running so smooth, and races fair. It's quite a feat to have 3 divisions running smoothly and the quality of the field in div 1 is getting crazy because this is run so well.

See you guys next season, hopefully with some fresh cars!
We will be ready this time, unlike this season. And the start of the race

Yuri Kasdorp
VELES

Matheus Machado

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
That season didn't go all too well for TDR, but I have to say it was the most impressive field I have ever seen in simracing. The pace increase from an already fast S9 was enough to justify a change of the car physics, but it all came down to driver skill. Massive props to everyone involved in achieving that competitivenes in D1.

Can't wait to see what cars we run next season and how they change the way things are played.

Nico Barclay

VEC Division 1
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
SRC Season pass
OH man its been fun and the organization and driving on the series overall gets better and better congrats to the Admin and the BC team we couldnt go to sleep with the non stop interesting stream, hope to be in S11!
heres our 1aco official thing ;)
cya

Alex Braeutigam

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
#81 Black Hawk Racing

What an epic and memorable event this was! To finish an up and down season with a podium finish at Le Mans is absolutely great. P5 in the overall LM-GT Division 1 standings is a fantastic and great results for us, especially in such a field. I have to repeat what a lot of guys already said, this competition and on track behaviour in this field was amazing and unbelievably strong! I have never experienced such a series with this amount of high quality drivers. I am very proud to be a part of that and i hope for more.

Congrats to the #60 Nitor Velex for the well deserved GT championsship. This trio was simply untouchable! Congrats aswell to all other class winners/champions and podium finishers.

Finally, big thanks to @Jimmi Allison and all the SRC stuff (also the guys behind the scenes) for this fantastic season, including an perfect stream with great and funny commentators. Very professional and i am looking for the future!

Cya next season, cheers Alex

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
#136 TripleM Racing

So, here we are, at the end of VEC season 10. My first ever endurance simracing season. When we started, I could've never thought we would be up there leading the LMP2 Division 3 championship in the middle of the season and still fighting for the championship in the last race of the season, the 24hrs of Le Mans. I trained a lot to achieve what we did in season 10. I'd never expected us to be winning races, but we did: 6hrs of Fuji, 12 hours of Istanbul and 8 hours of Silverstone. We were going to give more than 100% to fight for the championship at Le Mans. Sadly our season ended just like it started: with a desillusion that our car was taken out of the race out of our control. The first race our car was taken out of the race by an LMP1 in the 2nd corner after the start, just having clinched 2nd place. I never forget that feeling of not wanting to believe what just happened. I remember we did about 500 laps of training for the race......and all down the drain in a split second.

Fast forward 8 months and here we are battling for the championship, lying in 4th position in the lead lap in the 4th hour of the 24hrs of Le Mans. We had a whole race still in front of us and we were confident that we could fight for the championship. And than....... It was a bitter pill to swallow, it still is. But I'm determent to be back next season, to fight back and give 100% again. This endurance simracing got me hooked and I love it!

Congratulations @Lorenzo Arisi, @Niky Lence, @Giacomo Lapadula, @Andrea Brunini and @Salvatore Zitiello for winning the championship. We pushed each other hard during the season!

I want to thank my teammates @Jan Studenski and @Michael Roellin. Two crazy Swiss guys, that are really fast. They're like Swiss watches, they just keep on running. We laughed a lot and more than often my heart stopped beating when I heard over TS "No one saw that, right?". You guys are a fantastic team!

I want to thank @Nick Newcombe for being our resident race director in Division 3: driving and race directing in the same race is a huge challenge and everytime he pulls it off.

I want to thank @Jimmi Allison and the whole team behind you for organizing the VEC Season.

And last but not least I want to thank all drivers in Division 3 (and the same goes for Division 2 and 1 of course) for a fantastic season with very high driving standards and mutual respect for each other on track!

See you next season.....on track! Godspeed all!

Last edited:

Michel Gulpen

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
#58 Div2 LM-GT Exclusive Racing Series

So this race was pretty interesting for al sorts of different reasons.. First of all I would like to thank all of the VEC organizers for putting up yet another great event.
And a special thanks for lord @Jimmi Allison allowing us to stream the whole event from our perspective.

Going in to our second VEC season we had high hopes as we have learned so much in the first season. And until last weekend we were in for a great finish. As usual our qualify pace was rubbish but we knew that by keeping it clean and smooth we would improve positions and so we did. We started position 10 and were able to climb to 3rd position that was until our luck had run out and we crashed that is where the shenanigans startet and our fortune turned bad. We had 900 seconds repair time which wasn't repaired immediately so we had to wait yet again over 900 seconds in de pits, followed by multiple stop and go's as the anti cuts wheren't reset during a driver swap. We decided to go on long stints during the night and so we did until 4 o'clock in the morning....
That is also where our live stream ends as me and my wife went to the hospital because she went into labor, the rest of the team took over and did an amazing job in bringing the car to the finish in position 9 in our class. One hour later than the le mans finish my wife gave birth to our healthy and beautiful second son.

Looking back to the weekend it was a weekend of high's and lows, the crash was most certainly a low but the team was soldering on and managed to finish after all, this is still a great result as not all teams are able to tell the same story. Unfortunately the bad luck during the weekend meant we did not achieve the end result we wanted in the championship but yet again we have learned a lot this season.
Next to this the team now has a le mans baby in the team, if this doesn't mean that we have some more up right speed then i don't know what does ;)

I would like to thank all my team members @Jacco Visser @Gerard de Baar @Bauke Bouma and @Raymond Makkus for yet an amazing season and i'm looking forward to many more with you guys.