What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• From wednesday 18th to monday 23rd expect longer response time

Race 6 - 12 hours of Sebring

David Nichols

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Will the servers be running the base mod for now, so that practise can continue?

Mark Fuller

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
OK, need some help here. Been away for a month and tried to start some testing for Sebring. I cannot find any VEC cars on my system at the moment and not sure from reading the above if that is correct [I do have the following packages listed VEC_Endurance to VEC_Endurance_3].

Also, am I reading it right that we have to do new liveries by the 2nd of March? If so, I doubt that Flatline will be able to as currently struggling to find someone to do the Bathurst livery.

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I too will need a bit of clarification. What exactly is needed and where do we find it?
.psd
.json
.region.dds

I have our skin as .psd, but i dont understand the connection to .json (sry to ask)

James Lyke

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison I dont fully understand this livery update, so:

Firstly, i dont appear to have any updated GTE cars in my "templates" folder, all GTE cars are dated 15/06/2018. how do i get the updated templates?
Secondly, do we just transfer the livery from the old template to the new and thats it?
Thirdly, Do we just need to submit the Car.dds file only?

Information is very limited and whats available is difficult to understand. whats available on the internet is going to take ages to learn and understand fully. Help :)

Frans-Jan Romme

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score

Firstly, i dont appear to have any updated GTE cars in my "templates" folder, all GTE cars are dated 15/06/2018. how do i get the updated templates?
Secondly, do we just transfer the livery from the old template to the new and thats it?

Information is very limited and whats available is difficult to understand. whats available on the internet is going to take ages to learn and understand fully. Help :)
same here, skin on new template done, but the new part with "alt_region" eeeh = problem, dont understand it

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score

Some of your questions are answered in the "liveries" thread. But still there are holes i think. Quick help/instructions would be appriciated.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score

I dont understand it at all but this is what I found.
^that and livery submission thread, please read guys, wont help to ask if you cant use 10 mins to sit down and read the posts i´ve made already.
I have not painted a car for PBR - so dont ask me about how to paint them - i can get them ingame, but again i have not painted so i cant help with that. Use rF2 discord if you need help with painting. Or ask one of the many pro-painters out there.

Mark Fuller

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
So, if a team cannot get its livery updated before Sebring, then they cannot race? Where is the thread that advises us that this change was happening (Sorry I have been away and don't recall seeing anything?

Per Oqvist

Reaction score
So, if a team cannot get its livery updated before Sebring, then they cannot race? Where is the thread that advises us that this change was happening (Sorry I have been away and don't recall seeing anything?
Livery submission yesterday was first time I found that information here. Its a really tough deadline to find somebody to change the livery.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
You have 2 weeks - yet people questioning a track release the day after the race and IRR after the race - that is plenty of time guys. 2 weeks, almost 14 days to not design but to move the livery to the new PBR template.
I need to either don’t care about the look or care and wipe all skins out and start over, I can’t manage 140 skins and only remove one every now and then to replace it with the new pbr cars

Frans-Jan Romme

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I do not want to be annoying but when do the servers come online ? Can't find the information abouve .... or i need some glasses :D

Tomasz Luty

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Im trying to crack it too.
Well first of all we need to have regions in the template, which we currently dont have. How to create them?