What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 6 - 12 hours of Sebring

Andrew Stokoe

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I think the stewards do expect you to know the rules, that's kinda the point of having rules.

Saying that, I don't agree with this rule either, but people have been penalized for it in prior rounds.
I'm aware, but when the academy for a league clearly states one thing it's kind of natural to assume the league carries the same rule.

Dennis Lind

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Is it green flag when we touch the line, or is it when we pass the line?

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if you think it is wrong or not - follow the rules or get penalised.
Common sense must surely be read the rules and follow them.
We don’t penalise just to penalise we penalise because a rule is breached. Learn from it and move along
I find it disturbing that the same people keep getting penalties for very basic rules here.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it green flag when we touch the line, or is it when we pass the line?
As explained many times - as soon as any part of the car is touching the s/f line
Any part - but instead of pushing it - wait ,5 seconds and then go. You won’t win or loose by waiting a fraction of a second.
But before this is getting a thing users want to blame on us (yes I know a few guys that would) we have to do this otherwise what’s next, don’t care about the start, and then we might as well stop policing anything.

Andrew Stokoe

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if you think it is wrong or not - follow the rules or get penalised.
Common sense must surely be read the rules and follow them.
We don’t penalise just to penalise we penalise because a rule is breached. Learn from it and move along
I find it disturbing that the same people keep getting penalties for very basic rules here.
I don't recall getting any other penalties for a basic rule?

Can you please consider the idea of consistency between the SRCA and VEC? I personally took the SRCA as a place to learn the basic rules such as starting procedure for the VEC. If they are different then that is ultimately a confusing situation likely to cause an error like the one I made.

Dennis Lind

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
As explained many times - as soon as any part of the car is touching the s/f line
Any part - but instead of pushing it - wait ,5 seconds and then go. You won’t win or loose by waiting a fraction of a second.
But before this is getting a thing users want to blame on us (yes I know a few guys that would) we have to do this otherwise what’s next, don’t care about the start, and then we might as well stop policing anything.
If you can't accelerate before the car infront of you does, then there is nothing to police.

- Whilst I accept the penalty given to us, I think it's a bit rough to demand Cockpit cam only, and then give a penalty for accelerating 10-20cm too early :notworthy:

David Nichols

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
If you can't accelerate before the car infront of you does, then there is nothing to police.

- Whilst I accept the penalty given to us, I think it's a bit rough to demand Cockpit cam only, and then give a penalty for accelerating 10-20cm too early :notworthy:
But its easy to tell when the car has crossed the S/F line, as the lap timer starts afresh. I don't see how you could mess this up tbh.

Dennis Lind

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
But its easy to tell when the car has crossed the S/F line, as the lap timer starts afresh. I don't see how you could mess this up tbh.
I totally agree, hence why there isn't that much to protest against; However, everyone is pushing to the limit, and trying to find the limit as well.
- Mega unfortunate for us, however, but it's a long race either way :)

Matheus Machado

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
What is the standard procedure for steward notification as described in 17.8?
I guess it is contact administration but I want confirmation.

Michael Matzen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison the penalty for G. Tougait in Div3 has been assigned to the wrong car. He is not driving #271. Please review and correct that accordingly.

Thx!