What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 6 - 12 hours of Sebring

Matt Strand

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
seeing the ranking published this morning was like getting a stomach punch. Congratulations to SRC of how he is highly scrubbed of who has been penalized in such a shameful way. A big applause and thanks for having ruined the championship.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
are you done whining now? The track ruined your race, it happens in both sim and real. Either get over it and move on, or quit. It is really that simple. Constantly complaining and demanding things be changed is not the way to go about it. Trust me I've tried. With @Jimmi Allison as a matter of fact haha it doesn't work

Jean-Paul van Aerle

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
I didn't try joining the race control room for voice either because it was locked or because it felt like barging in to an admin area or simply because that means leaving my driver. In short, I just have never seen a definite explanation of what is right, what is acceptable but not helpful, and what is definitely naughty.

Advice please. :)
If you have a question you can enter the RD channel in TS. We can directly answer or help you. Chat message is also possible but when i am driving you don't get an answer directly. We will help were we can.

Kaashif Iftikhar

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
If you can reread the message you are quoting you would understand this is not a VEC version of the track, ESL has used this, and we used it for S397 sebring race. There is an issue with this track for sure and this has been reported to S397 devs. The test team have tested it the day after it was reported here, but only tested in practice, qual and race mode, where there were neither penalties, DQ´s or warnings. So obviously it was assumed it was a test day issue (test day is what the servers are on during practice days).
I can only assume that there is a timing issue (where some track lights got turned on and off during the day and again at night). But track devs are kinda sleeping now, so i cant really explain it more, than just giving you my idea on what it is. I´ve looked at the league version which is there, and it does not look any different than the original track in the workshop. So again i cant say, but when i hear what was wrong i will give information.
My mistake, then. Sorry.

I appreciate your explanation of the situation.

Tobias Lange

Reaction score
My teammate and I remember that @Nick Newcombe said in Division 3 after the race something like "the IRR have to be submitted until tuesday, because this was a 12 hour race". But the rules say: "17.6.1 6-12 hour races: drivers should submit IRR before 17:00 CET on monday after the race". Does somebody else remember the same? If yes would it be possible to reopen the IRR form? If not I guess our team will survive, if we can't submit two IBF, but we will order a pizza from that IBF-guy :D.

Edit: Thankfully there is a video about it:
, there was a "I think" in the middle.

Last edited:

Carlos del Alamo

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
The relatively small difference in pace is not a reason to cut back in front of a car before you've fully cleared it....
Yes, it is basically the main reason.
You will agree that is not the same to overtake a GT at the beginning on the straight, then middle of the straight you already overpast the GT and you start to prepare next turn in a comfortable way, than start the straight behind a GT, and GT has more acceleration, and later you get more speed, and end of the straight you arrive in parallel, then you open your way as maximum, Gt must brake a little bit, etc...

Daniele Ciacciolo

Reaction score
are you done whining now? The track ruined your race, it happens in both sim and real. Either get over it and move on, or quit. It is really that simple. Constantly complaining and demanding things be changed is not the way to go about it. Trust me I've tried. With @Jimmi Allison as a matter of fact haha it doesn't work
Unfortunately for me I had already known him in other situations where maybe at other times he was not entirely wrong, I am someone who does not keep things inside and I have never been afraid to express my idea even when it is wrong, imagine now that I have 100% reason.
:):):):)
However the incazzatura slowly is passing, we think of the next

James Andrew

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Yes, it is basically the main reason.
Wow. that's... arrogant. You shouldn't be chopping in front of anyone unless you are taking avoiding action on something else, I'd suggest. If you made a move that tightens your entry, you have a responsibility to deal with that situation safely. You chose to create that situation, after all. Leave space on the outside and turn the corner into a block pass. Simple and reasonably safe.

Carlos del Alamo

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Wow. that's... arrogant. You shouldn't be chopping in front of anyone unless you are taking avoiding action on something else, I'd suggest. If you made a move that tightens your entry, you have a responsibility to deal with that situation safely. You chose to create that situation, after all. Leave space on the outside and turn the corner into a block pass. Simple and reasonably safe.
Hey! You are in D4. You do not race with LMP3... pleaseeee

Martin Brault

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
But it is basically the same with a P2 when you cut back in front of the a GTE. It is heavier and does not brake like a LMP. The risk that you take is your rear wing falls on the bonnet of a big M8 (and you know it is BIG !)

JT Tami

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hey! You are in D4. You do not race with LMP3... pleaseeee
Just because he currently races in a different car does not invalidate what he says. How do you know he doesn't run an LMP3 in another series? Is this the only place that runs LMP3s? I run both the GT's and LMP2 is other series, but since I dont drive them here, does that mean my views on those cars are pointless?

What he says not only applies to LMP3, but all classes. Its common sense that you shouldn't changes lanes before or in a braking zone after immediately passing a car.

Carlos del Alamo

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
. Its common sense that you shouldn't changes lanes before or in a braking zone after immediately passing a car.
Obviously I don't do that. This is a conversation comming from 5 pages before, and you do not know what we are dicussing
I am driving in VEC and another Endurance Races for many years and I received very low number of penalties, so, do not spaeak about something you do not know...

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Obviously I don't do that. This is a conversation comming from 5 pages before, and you do not know what we are dicussing
I am driving in VEC and another Endurance Races for many years and I received very low number of penalties, so, do not spaeak about something you do not know...
Someone said they had to slow down twice to avoid you hitting them because you crossed into their path before you were clear....

Carlos del Alamo

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
... And I apologized for it, and suggested that main reason is the low difference between LMP3 and GT. Twice in all races in VEC last 4 years is not too much...

JT Tami

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I see you posting at #371. See post #374

Carlos del Alamo

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Yes, I agree absolutely with your post.
What I want to explain you is that all those incidents between LMP3 and GT's would be avoided (at least most of them) if the difference of power were higher.
I do not know which cars we will have next season, but If we have same, I will try to convince my team to go to LMP2 (although we go at Division 5 or 6)

Last edited:

Yacine Derridj

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Driving a LMP3 does not change a thing about how one should overtake another car.
Whether you drive an LMP2, LMP3 or GTE there are simple rules which are to be followed in order not to create incidents, period. Not changing line while or just before braking is a very simple one. And it also applies when a GTE overtakes another GTE.

Your point with the LMP3 torque and power curves, could be replicated to BMW vs Porsche, but you don't see any M8 driver asking for more power at high revs, just to have easier overtake positions.
Cars are what they are and we all have to deal with it.
The 911 is just insanely fast in the straights compared to the M8, whereas it is slower in corners entries. Well, M8 and 911 drivers adapted their maneuvers to make sure they finish the race (if possible in one piece).

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I do not know which cars we will have next season, but If we have same, I will try to convince my team to go to LMP2 (although we go at Division 5 or 6)
You should probably expect to stay in the same division, unless you're obviously outperforming your division or obviousy lack speed to keep up with your class. We switched from LMP2 to GTE and went from D1 to D2, most likely because there were better teams to place in D1. If you're doing a decent job in your current division, you probably won't drop down much, if at all.

Zdenek Smarda

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
It´s an amazing race! Congratulation to other LMP3 teams - specially to very hard opponents - Race Clutch and SpeedyMight. This was not difficult race from GTExLMP3 view. But again, very close racing with other LMP3 teams... Thanks to my teammates @Michal Sedlacek and @Daniel Pasztor and see you again at Silverstone!

PS: We have very big problem with GTE (and GTE with LMP3) we have only top speed. If we should on circuit rain, GTE is probably quicker than LMP3!