What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 6 - 12 hours of Sebring

Martin Dyrlund

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Ye, just was caught off-guard when I heard Soft tires were used in race. Past Seasons mods usually had Soft capable to run a full hour, but second half you had major performance drop and at the pit-time they were destroyed; Medium the choise for a strategy of changing tires on every pit and Hard being able to run 2 hours, sometimes 3 like Sebring with regular and calm pace. Tested yesterday a bit after long time not driving, I managed to set a 1:59.3 on Div3 server with a setup by my own after 1h30m of tests, on Medium tires and full tank, second fast lap on those tires. Don't understand how much rubber there was though, looking in-game and on the replay didn't seem to be much, but we were a little more than 2 hours into the session with 6 to 10 people in. Tyre consumption was around 0.9% per lap on rear tires, 1.1-1.2% on front tires, but I think I can improve it with better management and setup. Recorded a vid of the lap and uploaded to YT, felt so good to sit behind the wheel again.
You are comparing 2 different mods... If you would like something changed contact S397. But they have been informed by poor tyres in the Endurance Pack long time ago and nothing have happened yet.

Manuel Marsili

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
You are comparing 2 different mods... If you would like something changed contact S397. But they have been informed by poor tyres in the Endurance Pack long time ago and nothing have happened yet.
I don't want they change it, be clear. Just surprised on how they perform.

Yacine Derridj

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I don't want they change it, be clear. Just surprised on how they perform.
In Div 4 I did not see anyone using anything else than soft tires. We tried hard tires once for a catastrophic result. Hence without any tires modification we will surely only use soft ones until the end.
Which is indeed not reflecting any real WEC or any endurance championship we must all admit. Kind of sad since we're all bound to approximately the same race strategy...

Riccardo Corazzari

Reaction score
In Div 4 I did not see anyone using anything else than soft tires. We tried hard tires once for a catastrophic result. Hence without any tires modification we will surely only use soft ones until the end.
Which is indeed not reflecting any real WEC or any endurance championship we must all admit. Kind of sad since we're all bound to approximately the same race strategy...
Well, single stinting is actually what you see in 90% of the time in real world, except during very cold nights when tyre degradation gets a way lower then things may be differently managed.

Thomas Jacobs

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Kind of sad since we're all bound to approximately the same race strategy...
You could say it's the same as last season, and the season before that when only the Hard tyres were good enough to race on. Some tracks you can double stint the softs to good effect, but most of the time you can't (malaysia and Estoril to name two tracks this season). So to say "There's no strategy" is kinda wrong, you've got to weigh up the positives and negatives of doing it, some may be more determined to make it work, others may want to play safe. But like I said, it's no different to previous seasons when we were almost locked to the hard tyres in GT, and the softs in Prototype classes.

Riccardo Corazzari

Reaction score
You could say it's the same as last season, and the season before that when only the Hard tyres were good enough to race on. Some tracks you can double stint the softs to good effect, but most of the time you can't (malaysia and Estoril to name two tracks this season). So to say "There's no strategy" is kinda wrong, you've got to weigh up the positives and negatives of doing it, some may be more determined to make it work, others may want to play safe. But like I said, it's no different to previous seasons when we were almost locked to the hard tyres in GT, and the softs in Prototype classes.
That's true but personally I must underline that I found URD mod more challenging than this endurance pack, setup was more important and was playing a bigger role and tyre management skills were making a lot more difference. This year I have to find only the aero load and balance and the rest is 99% the same in every race. And during the race it's only about avoid to over-drive your fronts and you're fine.

Manuel Marsili

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Well still, last Seasons you could also run single-stint in Medium tires, along with the double-stint on Hard, if you managed to make Medium work good and with at least 0.7s better laptimes than Hard (which I think was doable).

I think the meaning of this good performance on Soft and bad on Hard, is because they took data from real life, where Hard compounds are used only at Le Mans to avoid tyre degradation in the inner side touching the ground because the circuit it is almost all straight, with softer compounds you would end up having a "step" after few laps because of deformation for unpaired wear across the border.

Yacine Derridj

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Well, single stinting is actually what you see in 90% of the time in real world, except during very cold nights when tyre degradation gets a way lower then things may be differently managed.
Ok for single stint, but what about the coumpound? Not sure every car uses the same soft tires, whatever the category and the session (qualifs, race).
I'm still surprised to see a soft tire set last a full stint with very limited performance degradation over the stint.

I was used to deal with soft tires reseved to qualification and nothing else as they did not last more than half a stint tops. But it is what i is, and for a D4 team it is one less thing to worry about.

Carlos del Alamo

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I cannot install Sebring circuit. Check image attached.
I already unsuscribe, delete etc and suscribe VEC workshop.
Please, how to solve this problem.

Attachments

Peter Schulze

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Should we buy the circuit?
Please note that the track map is not working, i opted to get the track out asap and mess with that later.
FLT is working and is recording laps. This is an update to an official track, please make sure you own the Sebring track from S397.
Also if there is any issues with workshop, slow down and make sure you have all the base content installed, and then try again. This might be a bit tricky, as everything in there is updates.

Per Oqvist

Reaction score
Penalties is enabled on division 1 server. Got DQ for not finding the headlights fast enough.

Christos Segkounas

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
It's more than sad.
I so preferred the previous iteration of GT3 tires that made people rage quit because they could not keep temps in check.
At least choosing a different compound made a difference to temps.
Now you can run a soft down to the canvas and it will still be faster than the medium.
I run Daytona in the P2, tested the medium and got the exact same temps off the banking.
Rfactor 2 is missing track temp affecting tires for sure.
But the way these tires are working I don't see that solving the issue.
One is not supposed to be using softs on a sweltering hot day but if the mediums aren't any cooler then I guess it's an easy choice...
Sorry for the off topic but we are doing endurance and this stuff is pissing me off to no end.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
It's more than sad.
I so preferred the previous iteration of GT3 tires that made people rage quit because they could not keep temps in check.
Now you can run a soft down to the canvas and it will still be faster than the medium.
I run Daytona in the P2, tested the medium and got the exact same temps off the banking.
One is not supposed to be using softs on a sweltering hot day but if the mediums aren't any cooler then I guess it's an easy choice...
Sorry for the off topic but we are doing endurance and this stuff is pissing me off to no end.
Yeah let’s stay on the Sebring topic please.

Riccardo Corazzari

Reaction score
It's more than sad.
Don't mess up "compound" with "temperature".
Consider that a softer/grippier compound may get less temperature stress thanks to lower "sliding %" required to commit the same laptime.

Tonga Guardia

Reaction score
Ive have just donwloading and installing the new update of RF2....
Once it was finish, i open the launcher, the game install the cars, until that point it was all normal...
I close the launcher and open it again, it start to install again the endurance pack cars...
After finish, i close launcher AGAIN and open it, and AGAIN start to install the endurance car pack....
It happens a few times repeting this process, closing open installing cars....
I went to the server and it was all good..
But when i see the inventory (open box icon on the launcher) they show 5 installed version of each of the endurance pack...
Its normal to have 5 versions???
(Including VEC version)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
VEC updates ties to the old base, the vmod ties to the update, so its almost like a loop.
We need to update everything here, so i´d suggest you simply
  • Unsub to VEC workshop
  • Unsub to each individual endurance pack car
  • Open launcher
  • Sub to the endurance pack
You will not be able to sub to the VEC though, we need to update all cars to the new PBR standard, meaning livery submission is required.