What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 6 - 12 hours of Sebring

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Race Length: 12 hours
Race day: 9. March

Division 1-4 Race schedule:
15:00 - Server reboot
15:05 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:50 - All cars must be on the server - and stay there
16:00 - Qualifying (private)
16:45 - Warmup
16:55 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap - class leader should leave 5 second gap to the quicker class)
17:00 - Green flag, when any part of you car is alligned with the the start/finish line - so in other terms, when YOU cross s/f line

Classes: LMP2, LMP3 and GTE

Server Settings:
rFactor 2:
Latest build
Simulated race start Time: 11:00
Time accelerated: x1
Flag rules: Black only
Weather: live weather
Broadcast: YouTube
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap
Server online: Check here
Server details: Click here
Race directors:
Division 1: Jimmi Allison​
Division 2: Bernd Schmidt​
Division 3: Nick Newcombe​
Division 4: Jean-Paul van Aerle​
Please review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Race schedule times are in CET/CEST whatever is being used in Copenhagen at the time of the race.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Please note that the track map is not working, i opted to get the track out asap and mess with that later.
FLT is working and is recording laps. This is an update to an official track, please make sure you own the Sebring track from S397.
Also if there is any issues with workshop, slow down and make sure you have all the base content installed, and then try again. This might be a bit tricky, as everything in there is updates.

Also note: Qual is still not confirmed

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Seriously going off topic now lol but it's interesting, on mobile it doesn't show if a post has been edited, so I'm going to stick with the sorcery theory :D

Manuel Marsili

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
It seems I'm back to business again... Probably getting back into race action for this 12h Sebring after last race being the 24h Le Mans from past Season.
One thing I'm a bit off, though... Talking with my teammates seems that with this mod, the GTs run Soft tires in race condition and changing tires every pit, which got me shocked considering untill last Season we were running Hard compund for double stint. Is it true?

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Seriously going off topic now lol but it's interesting, on mobile it doesn't show if a post has been edited, so I'm going to stick with the sorcery theory :D
It does, but if you do it within 5 mins, there is no "last edited at xx:xx" and admins/moderators always have the option to "stealth" edit. ;)

Michael Matzen

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
It seems I'm back to business again... Probably getting back into race action for this 12h Sebring after last race being the 24h Le Mans from past Season.
One thing I'm a bit off, though... Talking with my teammates seems that with this mod, the GTs run Soft tires in race condition and changing tires every pit, which got me shocked considering untill last Season we were running Hard compund for double stint. Is it true?
That's up to you, really. We have run mediums and softs, and even double stinted both. It's depending on the track, driving style and setup. There is no limitation. You could try hards and triple stint them, but that'll hurt your lap times for sure, but I guess you are long enough in the business, that this is no news for you ;)

Manuel Marsili

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
That's up to you, really. We have run mediums and softs, and even double stinted both. It's depending on the track, driving style and setup. There is no limitation. You could try hards and triple stint them, but that'll hurt your lap times for sure, but I guess you are long enough in the business, that this is no news for you ;)
Ye, just was caught off-guard when I heard Soft tires were used in race. Past Seasons mods usually had Soft capable to run a full hour, but second half you had major performance drop and at the pit-time they were destroyed; Medium the choise for a strategy of changing tires on every pit and Hard being able to run 2 hours, sometimes 3 like Sebring with regular and calm pace. Tested yesterday a bit after long time not driving, I managed to set a 1:59.3 on Div3 server with a setup by my own after 1h30m of tests, on Medium tires and full tank, second fast lap on those tires. Don't understand how much rubber there was though, looking in-game and on the replay didn't seem to be much, but we were a little more than 2 hours into the session with 6 to 10 people in. Tyre consumption was around 0.9% per lap on rear tires, 1.1-1.2% on front tires, but I think I can improve it with better management and setup. Recorded a vid of the lap and uploaded to YT, felt so good to sit behind the wheel again.