What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 4 - 8 hours of Sepang

Christos Segkounas

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Cool,my first race outta way.
Even running on mediums I was given by mistake on my first stint didn't dampen my spirits.
Looking forward to Estoril now.
Oh wait.
I don't:whistle: :whitles: :whistling:

Stefan Kanitz

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
I had 2 small screen freezes yesterday. One with the "VR Content loading" picture for half a second and one 1 second screen freeze. Scary moments.

So this morning i have had a quick look.
Yesterday we had a few teams reporting that multiple penalties did not come through, so without knowing if it was the plugin or the dedicated that did something wrong i had to investigate. This is not something i can just look at for 10 minutes and figure out.
However i have a decent idea, first off i will be reviewing the results vs the penalties added, next up i will be testing multiple penalties without and with plugin.
Before i say something about the none-applied/served penalties i will need to review the results, so please give me a day or two. I will be publishing the results fairly soon - but i also need to advice that i need to review these.

Replays are posted.

JM Cardenas Arnedo

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Three losses from my connection have ruined my P2 team's options on D4. Complicated recover positions with blue flags of all cars and several lost laps. But we managed to finish the race.

We really have fun. Congratulations to all ... participants and organization.

Unfortunately this week rFactor stopped working with VEC and I had to reinstall everything from scratch as the only solution. I forgot to activate the Multiplayer Registry after the reinstallation. A pity because I'm worried about what happened.

Alright, its fairly easy to see that it actually is a mix of issues. The plugin will be removed for now, meaning we (probably) will manually apply a batch file with penalties (until i have looked deeper into the plugin).
If your time encountered multiple penalties and after the first one was served, you could not see the 2nd one - please contact staff - this will be much appreciated.
With me trying to sort out issues was not helping the actual issue at all, which i take full responsibility on, any penalties that have not been added to race time or served will be added to next race.
I have a log from plugin, result file and replays, its not rocket science but will just take an extra few hours of work. But yes we need to get this solved. In the meantime results will be posted and is official, i see some penalties are applied after the race as well. If there is penalties that was not served, it will be applied next round - this will be posted in the incident report from stewards when we get that sorted, this means i will have some time monday to review this. As today is about getting some rest - its not as easy as you think sitting and monitoring 4 divisions :) its fun, but also a bit hard especially those last 2 hours ;)

Race wise, i think we saw a much improved race craft from everyone, yes there were some close calls, but i really enjoyed the racing last night, good job guys :)

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
So this morning i have had a quick look.
Yesterday we had a few teams reporting that multiple penalties did not come through, so without knowing if it was the plugin or the dedicated that did something wrong i had to investigate. This is not something i can just look at for 10 minutes and figure out.
However i have a decent idea, first off i will be reviewing the results vs the penalties added, next up i will be testing multiple penalties without and with plugin.
Before i say something about the none-applied/served penalties i will need to review the results, so please give me a day or two. I will be publishing the results fairly soon - but i also need to advice that i need to review these.

Replays are posted.
@Jimmi Allison

Thanx for your reply. We #322 had the same issue. A DT and 60s S&H were applied to us. When Michael went in to serve our first penalty, the DT, when he drove out of the pits the other penalty was cancelled. I messaged with Frans-Jan Romme about the issue at that moment and spoke to Jean-Paul van Aerle when he got out of his car after his first stints. Do you want us to file an IRR with the details of our penalty not served due to being it cancelled or is making a post enough? Maybe the issue is caused by assigning multiple penalties to one team, instead of assigning a penalty and serve that penalty before assigning the next? I don't remember if assigning multiple penalties worked correctly in the past. Anyway, thanx for investigating this.

@Jimmi Allison

Thanx for your reply. We #322 had the same issue. A DT and 60s S&H were applied to us. When Michael went in to serve our first penalty, the DT, when he drove out of the pits the other penalty was cancelled. I messaged with Frans-Jan Romme about the issue at that moment and spoke to Jean-Paul van Aerle when he got out of his car after his first stints. Do you want us to file an IRR with the details of our penalty not served due to being it cancelled or is making a post enough? Maybe the issue is caused by assigning multiple penalties to one team, instead of assigning a penalty and serve that penalty before assigning the next? I don't remember if assigning multiple penalties worked correctly in the past. Anyway, thanx for investigating this.
Yeah JP came to me and i discussed the options we had, main thing is consistency which was unfortunately not easy when managing several different styles of issues.
Please just use contact staff, because i will need to review this and in IRR stewards might need time to review other things.
Thanks, this will help me to make sure i understand it :)

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
If you can, would you be able to send timestamp on that one? curious of my servers log shows anything.
I had EXACTLY something like that happening to me. I've got it on my stream, but will try to find the timestamp in the replay as well.

This is that moment in my stream (and my horrible voice :-D ).

I had EXACTLY something like that happening to me. I've got it on my stream, but will try to find the timestamp in the replay as well.
The more info the better, tracelog, timestamp, computer specs. We really want to understand why this is happening to people. I have not once seen this.
Are you using the windows fast start up?
Windows 10 - deactivate fast start up

Victor Ivanov

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
@Jimmi Allison we had the same lag spike at the same place in Div4 but we were not that lucky and our car was seriously damaged :( would like me to get the time?

Rickard Norgren

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
VLMS Season Pass
Lag as in lag from the internet? or screenfreeze from the game, there is a huge difference. Also add some more info, time info and so on, otherwise its like looking for the needle in a haystack.
At lap 110, going out of t14, a 0.5 sec frezze end then was it like game went slow, with very bad frames.
Checked hardware monitor and had no heat problems, or max load of CPU and GPU.
When leaving server after our necessary driver change was I not able to esc out of car, did a ctrl/alt/del stop of game and lost the replay.
Never seen this problem before, and I raced on D2 later without any problems.

Last edited:

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
The more info the better, tracelog, timestamp, computer specs. We really want to understand why this is happening to people. I have not once seen this.
Are you using the windows fast start up?
Windows 10 - deactivate fast start up
This should be the trace log of my two stints in my last session where that issue happened. In the replay file this incident can be viewed on timestamp 26755 in DIV4 replay file.

I'll check if I have fast start up running.

EDIT: I also opened a contact staff ticket on our 60s s&h penalty being cancelled and not served

Attachments

Last edited: