What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 4 - 8 hours of Sepang

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison would you be able to explain the new weather API a bit more?

The every 2 hours part, am I understand this correctly? If it is raining at say 50% when the API updates, will it then continue to rain at 50% for the next 2 hours until the API updates again? Or when it does the update does it instead grab a snap shot of the next 2 hours (eg hourly Weather) and then it will be more variable over the 2 hour period?

Thanks in advance.
It does not take a snapshot as you call it. However those 2 hours can be anytime, so that is what’s a bit random. In case the api sents our data more frequently it will be picked up because the plugin calls every other 10 minutes iirc. So worst case it will receive the current weather every 2 hour with the current weather.

I have not yet have a chance to look into other options - but this is “less” random so to speak than what we have used until now. And it works pretty well from what I’ve monitored up until now.

Now tomorrow I am at dog training until 13 and then some time to walk the dog and also prepare dinner for later ;) so please behave on servers - I won’t be able to restart them if they crash until I get home

Kevin Cox

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Hello, only tonight I realized that I also have the same problem. Furthermore I have strange lighting effects. sometimes I have lights coming from behind the car (as if there were some cars behind), and sometimes the car's interior gets totally dark while the lighting in the circuit does not seem to change. All this is very annoying with the vr. I have headache immediately after a few turns.
Have you solved this problem?
I have not solved this problem I'm sorry to say. However the race tomorrow will finish about 7pm in game time so will not get that dark for it to be a problem. ;)

Tobias Lange

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
The every 2 hours part, am I understand this correctly? If it is raining at say 50% when the API updates, will it then continue to rain at 50% for the next 2 hours until the API updates again? Or when it does the update does it instead grab a snap shot of the next 2 hours (eg hourly Weather) and then it will be more variable over the 2 hour period?

Thanks in advance.
From my understanding and experiences during testing: The 2 hours update is only the minimum guaranteed value. When I was on the server the weather changes appeared every 40 minutes (+- something)

Pedro Ramada

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hello all.

Jimmi we Ramada Motorsports can't race for this one. it's only George Manousakis and me for this one... and with all the help of the universe my router had to go down this morning... I tried everything already... I called my net service provider... And it is clearly a router related problem and not something else.... so obviously we can't do it!!! Gggrrrr I'm so f........... Frustrated man!! . Have fun guys... Good race to everyone!!!

James Lyke

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
D4 race director starting the race in his car....when its forecast to be wet? not a smart move imo

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
D4 race director starting the race in his car....when its forecast to be wet? not a smart move imo
You can easily manage a division when driving i´ve done that for 2 seasons, and no one complained, so i suggest you report things to him anyways. However obviously small issues can wait. The main objective is to call a code 80, which is easy to do in car. So please...
and its "broken clouds" so not raining

Lionel Cuminge

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Where do you take the meteo ? What is the website ? Because lot of website gives rain at this moment of the race.

Daniele Vidimari

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
The power in my house went out just 2 minutes before the end of the warm-up, and i didn't managed to rejoin before the race start :( I understand that as stated in the rules, a race obviously can't be restarted for a guy. But, do this apply to the warm-up as well? Also, there are special reasons to why a driver can't join directly during the race instead being a spectator? I wouldn't have minded to start from the pits and lose 2-5-40 minutes of race, a DNS is so heartbreaking :(