What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 4 - 8 hours of Sepang

James Lyke

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison having gone to find the vec practice server, its not there. Can only see D1,D2,D3,D4, VEC night and VEC wet. those are the only servers that i can find

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
I'm baffled. After extensive testing, even a fresh install of RF2, I still have the black track and grass issue as posted above. However if I play in single player mode with the in game time set to 10:30pm I can see the track and grass that isn't illuminated by my lights. I don't understand while being in the server at the same in game time I get the black track and grass problem. :rolleyes:

Anyway according the the original post the in game start time is 11am so race should finish before it gets as dark as it does when in game time is 10:30pm
I tried some single player at 9 pm and I think I am seeing your issue there. Seemed better with everything to max but may just be running overcast and raining instead of overcast and storm.
btw as for rain will max rain be capped as in some previous races or can it go up to 100 %?

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I tried some single player at 9 pm and I think I am seeing your issue there. Seemed better with everything to max but may just be running overcast and raining instead of overcast and storm.
btw as for rain will max rain be capped as in some previous races or can it go up to 100 %?
It will not be capped, the only place it was done was at Sao Paulo.
Race ends at 19:00 in game

Jos van der Sterren

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Had a strange thing on the practice server.
All cars including de GT where LMP2 cars with our livery.
Some one else a simular experience?

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
So for the last few races we´ve seen an increase in how blue flags have been an issue, both submitted IRR´s at Interlagos and also at previous races where they have been ignored slighty.
So, heads up - if we get to many blue flag violations IRR´s and complaints there is an ingame system that will penalize for ignoring or not giving way within x seconds, yes this can be tweaked but is generally very harsch. Do we want to go that route? (rhetorical question) if you do not clean up your drivning and understand this is multiclass and sometimes you will be stuck behind a driver for more than 4 corners when other times you are being let by within 1. Come on guys!

We´ve also seen a few submissions where it is clearly racing incidents, come on guys - dont waste the stewards time with something that means nothing.
During Q there have also been a few issues, i have an idea that i will push in for next round.

Arne Schoonvliet

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Jimmi can you elaborate a bit about the Q issues? As this is the first time I hear this. For me (GTE driver) everything goes smoothly. No on track problems at all :)

Riccardo Corazzari

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
So for the last few races we´ve seen an increase in how blue flags have been an issue, both submitted IRR´s at Interlagos and also at previous races where they have been ignored slighty.
So, heads up - if we get to many blue flag violations IRR´s and complaints there is an ingame system that will penalize for ignoring or not giving way within x seconds, yes this can be tweaked but is generally very harsch. Do we want to go that route? (rhetorical question) if you do not clean up your drivning and understand this is multiclass and sometimes you will be stuck behind a driver for more than 4 corners when other times you are being let by within 1. Come on guys!

We´ve also seen a few submissions where it is clearly racing incidents, come on guys - dont waste the stewards time with something that means nothing.
During Q there have also been a few issues, i have an idea that i will push in for next round.
My experience with the ingame system has been very bad in previous years, and for this reason I wouldn't follow that path: as GTE and LMP3 are very close, if you (GTE driver) come out on track with new tyres you can be as quick as an LMP3 on old tyres, so you may have "blue flag" from the game but effectively not blocking at all (you can see from mirrors if the car behind is getting close or totally not..). It happened mainly in Nola, and you could even pull away to some cars. So this makes the blue flag indication last for a long time which can bring the game to give you a DT. If there could be the possibility to set the game to apply penalties only when blue flags are for same-class cars then I'm ok with it, otherwise I wouldn't reccomend.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
My experience with the ingame system has been very bad in previous years, and for this reason I wouldn't follow that path: as GTE and LMP3 are very close, if you (GTE driver) come out on track with new tyres you can be as quick as an LMP3 on old tyres, so you may have "blue flag" from the game but effectively not blocking at all (you can see from mirrors if the car behind is getting close or totally not..). It happened mainly in Nola, and you could even pull away to some cars. So this makes the blue flag indication last for a long time which can bring the game to give you a DT. If there could be the possibility to set the game to apply penalties only when blue flags are for same-class cars then I'm ok with it, otherwise I wouldn't reccomend.
Then don’t make me use it / it’s bad if the server manager don’t understand how to use it - it can be tweaked - but not optimal When there are scenarios like that. But in the end this will happen unless people grow some balls on track and behave like adults instead of spoiled kids that don’t get by instantly or report for the slightest.
Work together as drivers and I don’t have a problem with it.

Christian Michel

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Jimmi can you elaborate a bit about the Q issues? As this is the first time I hear this. For me (GTE driver) everything goes smoothly. No on track problems at all :)
I get blocked like in at least 50% of my Quali laps. Not talking about driver on their Laps...simply drivers on their outlaps creeping around the circuit. This year it improved a bit but last year with the p1 and the closing speed it was a huge mess. Didn't even wanted to to quali cause it was pointless to put work into something where the random factor is one of the most important things. And the thing is if you get blocked like in the last 5-6 mins you're basically near the back of the pack cause the grip is building and building.

Marco Vinciullo

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
The ideal would be to increase to three separate sessions (one for each category) I am convinced that (almost) all drivers would be happy to have '' only '' 15 minutes available but with cars in their own category instead of 20 minutes multiclass. This would lead to an increase in qualifying at 55 minutes which will not be a problem for drivers (we make races of at least 6 hours) while it is definitely an extra job for the staff and I understand this and that they already have a lot to do.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
The ideal would be to increase to three separate sessions (one for each category) I am convinced that (almost) all drivers would be happy to have '' only '' 15 minutes available but with cars in their own category instead of 20 minutes multiclass. This would lead to an increase in qualifying at 55 minutes which will not be a problem for drivers (we make races of at least 6 hours) while it is definitely an extra job for the staff and I understand this and that they already have a lot to do.
As i said Q is kinda sorted already, but adding more work ontop of what we have now is not an option. Its pretty stressfull with drivers and teams asking questions, issues they have and i need to sort out, stream, starting 4 servers. So no it will not be split up further ;)

Arne Schoonvliet

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I get blocked like in at least 50% of my Quali laps. Not talking about driver on their Laps...simply drivers on their outlaps creeping around the circuit. This year it improved a bit but last year with the p1 and the closing speed it was a huge mess. Didn't even wanted to to quali cause it was pointless to put work into something where the random factor is one of the most important things. And the thing is if you get blocked like in the last 5-6 mins you're basically near the back of the pack cause the grip is building and building.
Okay I see and understand :)