What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 4 - 8 hours of Sepang

Nico Barclay

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
No we don’t agree on that 0.3 is still 0.3 more than 0.0. Slowing down is somewhat hard with cars around you. Speeding up is VERY easy to not do too soon. You can’t argue a way out of the car took off too soon.
Rule is black or white - and if we can’t draw a line at the countdown then when can we do it, it’s been like this since day one, remember how white lines were an issue and also C80 some seasons ago - but people learned that they should follow the rules. Even if it is 1mm - rules are rules!
fair enough. Please share here the "code80 enabled" timestamp please should be easy u have it written down since u have times to the thousands

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
fair enough. Please share here the "code80 enabled" timestamp please should be easy u have it written down since u have times to the thousands
How could I have it down to thousands. It’s easy if you like me monitor 2 cars and timestamp when you call the C80 to have seconds +tenth and even hundreds but we always round up to make sure drivers don’t get penalised for any errors from our part.
2870.3 (iirc) is the cut off, 2 drivers were really close.

I do not know why, but every time I read these IRRs I smile, for a much lighter contact than this in NOLA, car 1 had a SnH 60 seconds ..... here only a warning :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I understand that you can only see it one way, but if you could only understand that each incident is different both with how the car reacts and the outcome. If you can read the rules about when warning, infraction, DT and SnH is given it might make more sense to you. It’s really simple.

The IRR is posted and done, instead of thinking everyone is against you - use a few minutes and see what you could have done differently. You might just learn a thing. Watching all these IRR is quite good learning ;) but everyone can make mistakes.

Daniele Cannistraci

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Maybe because the contact in Nola caused a 3 min repair :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
So the penalties are based on how long one repairs, and not on the behavior on the track , if the behavior is the same, we must hope that it does not crash the other car
now by smiling ... I laughed.

P.S I've also had damages......

Dennis Lind

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
So the penalties are based on how long one repairs, and not on the behavior on the track , if the behavior is the same, we must hope that it does not crash the other car

I think the penalties are time based in a way that an avoidable contact can mean 100 things, it can mean that you brushed a car on a straight, or it can mean that you didn't brake for a corner and took another car with you.
So if there was a contact between two racing cars on track, where no one lost let's say more than 2-3 seconds for such incident, the penalty should not be more than 3x higher than said incident.
Obviously I don't expect you to understand, seeing as our cars were possibly both in the incident, but hopefully you'll see it differently from now.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score

Ok - deep breath.

You clearly have not read (or at least understood) the following:
13.2 Typical incidents will fall into 4 classes
13.2.1 Racing incident – typical racing incident, no penalty involved.​
13.2.2 Warning – a driver needs to be warned of an action that caused problems, but it does not warrant a penalty.​
13.2.3 Infractions – drivers violated a rule and caused an issue on track, but not enough for a full penalty. (2 infractions=1 penalty)​
13.2.4 Penalty – driver violated a rule and/or caused an issue on track resulting in significant damage. Penalty is: Stop/go – 60 seconds.​
13.2.5 Penalty – driver violated a rule and/or caused an issue on track resulting in significant lost time/lost position for another competitor. Penalty is: Drive through​
Stensnaes was warned because (as rules state): a driver needs to be warned of an action that caused problems, but it does not warrant a penalty.
Your car on Nola (and i have not read up on that specific incident) received a SnH 60 seconds meaning: driver violated a rule and/or caused an issue on track resulting in significant damage. Penalty is: Stop/go – 60 seconds.
As i´ve said so many times now - each individual IRR is different, cars, drivers, track is different meaning that it is good to have rules that covers it - and i do believe we have that. If you still are laughing thats fine, you are probably not the only one - sometimes i smile at some of the posts, not because its funny - its almost like a nervous smile - because i feel sad that we have used so much time on rules and a lot of time on a review but the people involved always think they are right.
Obviously there will always be repeating offenders that feels we are out to get them - but you know what - clean up your driving and you wont be mentioned.

Luca D'Amelio

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Luca D´Amelio - you need to remove that ´ from your ingame name, 1. it does not suit your forum name, neither does it fit on the entry list and 2. it makes the results not work unless we edit all the line in the xml. Please fix, next time the team will not receive points if the names does not fit.
Even though the apostrophe is in my real name okay, im gonna change it into Luca D Amelio.

Daniele Cannistraci

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Ok - deep breath.

You clearly have not read (or at least understood) the following:
13.2 Typical incidents will fall into 4 classes
13.2.1 Racing incident – typical racing incident, no penalty involved.​
13.2.2 Warning – a driver needs to be warned of an action that caused problems, but it does not warrant a penalty.​
13.2.3 Infractions – drivers violated a rule and caused an issue on track, but not enough for a full penalty. (2 infractions=1 penalty)​
13.2.4 Penalty – driver violated a rule and/or caused an issue on track resulting in significant damage. Penalty is: Stop/go – 60 seconds.​
13.2.5 Penalty – driver violated a rule and/or caused an issue on track resulting in significant lost time/lost position for another competitor. Penalty is: Drive through​
Stensnaes was warned because (as rules state): a driver needs to be warned of an action that caused problems, but it does not warrant a penalty.
Your car on Nola (and i have not read up on that specific incident) received a SnH 60 seconds meaning: driver violated a rule and/or caused an issue on track resulting in significant damage. Penalty is: Stop/go – 60 seconds.
As i´ve said so many times now - each individual IRR is different, cars, drivers, track is different meaning that it is good to have rules that covers it - and i do believe we have that. If you still are laughing thats fine, you are probably not the only one - sometimes i smile at some of the posts, not because its funny - its almost like a nervous smile - because i feel sad that we have used so much time on rules and a lot of time on a review but the people involved always think they are right.
Obviously there will always be repeating offenders that feels we are out to get them - but you know what - clean up your driving and you wont be mentioned.

All clear, the next race I put a picture of a holy near me ,hoping will bring me luck in case (rare) I hit someone....

Last edited:

James Andrew

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Report it yes, that would be the only really option as rules does say:
17.5 Drivers are encouraged to submit an Incident Review Request. Stewards will not review the complete race.
You may remember my lawyer-like post about rules clarifications and inconsistencies before the start of the season. May I risk Jimmi's wrath and hope he sees this next bit as merely the genuine query it is?

You quote 17.5 which is fine, but is really just a preamble sentence to the sub-rules that follow, and 17.5.4 says:
"The driver, submitting the IRR, must be on a team which is involved in the incident which is reported. Failure to follow these instructions will lead to stewards removing drivers right to submit any IRR for any given time."

This has always clearly said to me that I should never report anything that did not directly affect our car. Before opting to submit one particular IRR from Sepang, I took advice internally in our team about whether I should or indeed was allowed to report it (given this rule). Though I am glad to hear that you would allow or even encourage the occasional report that was not directly affecting the reporter, I do think this is another area of the rulebook that needs to be looked at. I understand that it is designed to prevent people pointing at other events than their own, but clearly the blanket rule that exists is neither quite what you want nor what is being enforced.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
You may remember my lawyer-like post about rules clarifications and inconsistencies before the start of the season. May I risk Jimmi's wrath and hope he sees this next bit as merely the genuine query it is?

You quote 17.5 which is fine, but is really just a preamble sentence to the sub-rules that follow, and 17.5.4 says:
"The driver, submitting the IRR, must be on a team which is involved in the incident which is reported. Failure to follow these instructions will lead to stewards removing drivers right to submit any IRR for any given time."

This has always clearly said to me that I should never report anything that did not directly affect our car. Before opting to submit one particular IRR from Sepang, I took advice internally in our team about whether I should or indeed was allowed to report it (given this rule). Though I am glad to hear that you would allow or even encourage the occasional report that was not directly affecting the reporter, I do think this is another area of the rulebook that needs to be looked at. I understand that it is designed to prevent people pointing at other events than their own, but clearly the blanket rule that exists is neither quite what you want nor what is being enforced.
You are absolutely right, this does mean that - but this is basically to avoid teams (and yes we have seen that) look at the rival team and reporting a lot of incidents. Which was really not something I enjoyed.

Wrath - well not unless it’s a pointless discussion ;)

Yacine Derridj

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
All clear, the next race I put a picture of a holy near me ,hoping will bring me luck in case (rare) I hit someone....
Well basically, you would risk a penalty (and the severity associated depending on the consequences) only if you are involved and hold any responsibility in the incident. You don't need any holy picutre to avoid that, you just need to pay attetion and avoid being responsible of any situation.

Should you be a victim, well you will not have any extra punishment than the time lost on track.

James Andrew

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Well basically, you would risk a penalty (and the severity associated depending on the consequences) only if you are involved and hold any responsibility in the incident. You don't need any holy picutre to avoid that, you just need to pay attetion and avoid being responsible of any situation.

Should you be a victim, well you will not have any extra punishment than the time lost on track.
Well, apart from damage repair time, loss of track position, having a car that isn't running properly for the rest of the race (losing more time and increasing the risk of more incidents)...
Like our last few races! Being a victim isn't trouble-free, even when it's a genuine accident or racing incident. We are definitely due some better luck. Estoril sounds like a good place for that to start. :thumbsup: (y)

Yacine Derridj

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Well, apart from damage repair time, loss of track position, having a car that isn't running properly for the rest of the race (losing more time and increasing the risk of more incidents)...
Like our last few races! Being a victim isn't trouble-free, even when it's a genuine accident or racing incident. We are definitely due some better luck. Estoril sounds like a good place for that to start. :thumbsup: (y)
I was talking about getting any additional penalty after the race during the IRR review. Of course you can get wrecked with bad luck and being totally not responsible for it, but you won't get any additional penalty for the next race. I don't think admins set the penalties severities by a roll of dice.
Or maybe they should and we'd get the penalties quicker after the race! :p