What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 4 - 8 hours of Sepang

Kalle Kouri

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank GTE drivers for exceptionally good blue flag handling! Compared to all previous races during my history of VEC the difference was like a night and day. It felt so professional and nice. Coming from behind and flashing lights twice then almost immediately car in front flashed lights once, moved away from racing line and slowed down a bit to help complete the overtake. This is how it should be done as both lose minimal time and don't risk damaging cars/tires/pace. My only problem with blue flags was once missing the brake point into the last corner hence drifting far too deep. Sorry Marius for this as you lost way too much time there. You were such a gentleman of not regaining your position back there.

Our race got pretty bad hit in the first stint where we just missed pit entry when code80 started. After this we didn't have free track, traffic was always there and we ended up 4th. IMHO competition level of GTE in this season is so high that even smallest things can dictate the winner which is pretty cool actually. :cool:

Nice little battle for fifth place with Team Vires #99 (action for revenge part will start from 2:30):

Had better tires but also more fuel load and little damage. And as always; Karma is a bitch! :p

Goran Djordjevic

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Nice little battle for fifth place with Team Vires #99 (action for revenge part will start from 2:30

Had better tires but also more fuel load and little damage. And as always; Karma is a bitch! :p
yeah nice battel ...i was on lap 13 think and that is to old tires for baattel but it was nice,you let me about 4 sec behind and when i started to katsch you again ..les than 2 sec i must to pit in...:Cry: :crying:

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
When can we expect the stewards to finish voting? 14 days have past since the race now.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
When can we expect the stewards to finish voting? 14 days have past since the race now.
I have been working elsewhere this weekend (night shifts) so yes they will be posted once they are done, expect between 7-14 days since we have 4 divisions we need to review. That is 32 hours of racing ;)
Basically there is a few IRR´s we also need to discuss some other things regarding, so within a few days they are ready.

Nico Barclay

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison

Surely the tolerance isnt equal to the c80 engagement vs the c80 release, when i was 80kph at the engagement some cars (138kph, 89kph, 99kph,104kph,95kph,88kph,126kph thats only lmp2s. surely some might have had engagment violations, what is the timestamp for that please. on my defense i might jumped the gun on the "F" of "green flag but thats not even a second :/

yep around a third of a second i get a DT ;/ im sorry but .300s is too strict as a tolerance im sure we can agree on that.

1548666704111.png
1548668209473.png

Last edited:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison

Surely the tolerance isnt equal to the c80 engagement vs the c80 release, when i was 80kph at the engagement some cars (138kph, 89kph, 99kph,104kph,95kph,88kph,126kph thats only lmp2s. surely some might have had engagment violations, what is the timestamp for that please. on my defense i might jumped the gun on the "F" of "green flag but thats not even a second :/

yep around a third of a second i get a DT ;/ im sorry but .300s is too strict as a tolerance im sure we can agree on that.

View attachment 6025
View attachment 6027
No we don’t agree on that 0.3 is still 0.3 more than 0.0. Slowing down is somewhat hard with cars around you. Speeding up is VERY easy to not do too soon. You can’t argue a way out of the car took off too soon.
Rule is black or white - and if we can’t draw a line at the countdown then when can we do it, it’s been like this since day one, remember how white lines were an issue and also C80 some seasons ago - but people learned that they should follow the rules. Even if it is 1mm - rules are rules!

Shawn Jacobs

VLMC director
VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
out of curiosity were the starts reviewed? happen to notice one when I checked mine but as it was not a direct impact to me I did not put an irr in. In future if we notice a jump should we report it? thanks.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
out of curiosity were the starts reviewed? happen to notice one when I checked mine but as it was not a direct impact to me I did not put an irr in. In future if we notice a jump should we report it? thanks.
Report it yes, that would be the only really option as rules does say:
17.5 Drivers are encouraged to submit an Incident Review Request. Stewards will not review the complete race.

It is very hard to make sure all incidents are reviewed if not submitted since this round is 32 hours of racemode +4x45 mins of qualifying.
I will have to review the archives of the race start, i honestly cant remember since my reviews was done the week after the race, with a few exceptions.

Shawn Jacobs

VLMC director
VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Report it yes, that would be the only really option as rules does say:
17.5 Drivers are encouraged to submit an Incident Review Request. Stewards will not review the complete race.

It is very hard to make sure all incidents are reviewed if not submitted since this round is 32 hours of racemode +4x45 mins of qualifying.
I will have to review the archives of the race start, i honestly cant remember since my reviews was done the week after the race, with a few exceptions.
okay, cool, thank you for the info, will remember to put one in in future if I happen to stumble across something :thumbsup: (y)

Daniele Cannistraci

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
18837 - Exiting T11, J Stesnaes makes a mistake, allowing D Cannistraci to pass on the inside before T12. He tries to pass on the outside but is not close nough and makes contact as Cannistraci rebounds off the curb
Warning - J Stensnaes - Avoidable Contact
I do not know why, but every time I read these IRRs I smile, for a much lighter contact than this in NOLA, car 1 had a SnH 60 seconds ..... here only a warning :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: