What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 3 - 6 hours of Interlagos

Adam Taylor

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
I don't like bringing up issues publicly but since trying to sort it privately I was told it wouldn't be re-reviewed here we go. The #1 has been given a drive through for ignoring blue flags. However I'm going to show how I was infact faster so I'm allowed to unlap my self.

Terzic exited the pits quite some way ahead of me. The blue dot in the distance. 1.jpg
I began catching him before he made contact with A lMP3 car and I was able to overtake him. 2.jpg
Unfortunately for me I caught some traffic that lap so couldn't extend the gap. 3.jpg
The next lap I would get blocked by a GT car allowing Terzic to overtake. 4.jpg
I made a good exit out of the final turn and overtook terzic into turn 1, before I would pull away. 5.jpg
This was the gap by the end of the lap. 6.jpg
And this was the gap by the time I had pitted a few laps later. 7.jpg Here are the lap times for both cars. 8.jpg

Adam Taylor

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Here is the incident:

12127 - A Taylor overtakes A Terzic who is a lap ahead and fails to pull a gap and for over a lap he ignores blue flags
Penalty - A Taylor - IBF; DT

Nico Barclay

VEC Division 1
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
SRC Season pass
every lap ure faster than Alen, sectorwise u see the trafic could hinder one or the other but the end result is he didnt lose time with u infront :/
i think when a car is slow, demostrable by laptimes or blocking is ok the 3 corner rule but that has to be desmotrable tru laptimes not localy by "oh i lost 1 second here give me the position now" and sector 2 in brazil can be tricky. In the scheme of things it didnt do anything to their result. I remember sebring last year Veles car was a lap down infront just .5s for like 3 laps from Borja and borja did his fastest set of laps with a laped car just infront, i think the guys reporting are doing it for annoying wich gives unnecesary work to the stewards honestly. i think a bit more analisis has to be made to actualy penalize a team for that, 3 corners isnt enough when traffic and turbulence comes into play. just my 2cents :whistle: :whitles: :whistling:

Adam Taylor

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Uhhm... Round one at Indianapolis? Exact same thing happened but the other way around.
That wasn't the same, Caruso unlapped himself from me right after I'd exited the pits. Once I'd got up too speed I was faster and caught him getting alongside multiple times however he was refusing to surrender the position holding me up for a number of laps. When I did get passed I pulled away.

Jos Araneda

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Easy mate, the next one lasts 8 hours and a DT is not so significant.
Your point is understandable, but hey ... it's the way it is.
We will be several cars that we will have to serve a DT at the start of the race, so it will be interesting!

Hany Alsabti

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Uhhm... Round one at Indianapolis? Exact same thing happened but the other way around.
Round one at indianapolis, caruso came to me and asked if adam (a lap ahead) could let alen through to fight for the 5th position. I made sure adam let him through because alen was faster at that point.

Anyway at interlagos the penalty we have been given has not been investigated enough. If the stewards penalise for situations like this when the unlapping car is clearly faster then no one will be able to make use of the unlapping rule.

I don't like bringing up issues publicly but since trying to sort it privately I was told it wouldn't be re-reviewed here we go. The #1 has been given a drive through for ignoring blue flags. However I'm going to show how I was infact faster so I'm allowed to unlap my self.

Terzic exited the pits quite some way ahead of me. The blue dot in the distance. View attachment 5917
I began catching him before he made contact with A lMP3 car and I was able to overtake him. View attachment 5918
Unfortunately for me I caught some traffic that lap so couldn't extend the gap. View attachment 5919
The next lap I would get blocked by a GT car allowing Terzic to overtake. View attachment 5920
I made a good exit out of the final turn and overtook terzic into turn 1, before I would pull away. View attachment 5921
This was the gap by the end of the lap. View attachment 5922
And this was the gap by the time I had pitted a few laps later. View attachment 5924 Here are the lap times for both cars. View attachment 5925
And your point is? It still won’t be changed - steward decision is final!

Anyway at interlagos the penalty we have been given has not been investigated enough. If the stewards penalise for situations like this when the unlapping car is clearly faster then no one will be able to make use of the unlapping rule.
Hany you are not a part of the stewards, which means you dont know what is investigated or not.
When we recieve an IRR about blue flags we tend to be very careful. But Enzo makes a perfectly good point. Previous round Caruso was clearly faster and pulled away from blue flags over a number or laps (see we review more than just 4 corners, which is actually all we need too, since rules are quite clear on this), but at the end Caruso gave way.
Now for Interlagos we found a similar case (similar since not a single incident is the same) Taylor was faster but in the end he was slowed down by traffic.
But let me make this clear - blue flag violations does not have to be reviewed for several laps. We wont look at sector times, lap times etc. We will look at corners and if the driver is clearly pulling away we will look more into details. But this is pretty clear cut, Taylor tried to pull away but was not able to due to traffic. Allowing several laps of trying to do this will just end up in tears, pick your battles and fighting with cars that are clearly in front of you on track is not the one to pick, when you cant manage traffic better than the car you are fighting.

Now as i said stewards reviews are final, it does not matter if a team tries to contact me through Contact staff or on public forums - decisions are made and since rules are followed, there is no changing anything.

Adam Taylor

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
There are place you can't pass traffic that doesn't mean I wasn't better with it than Terzic.

There are place you can't pass traffic that doesn't mean I wasn't better with it than Terzic.
Sure...
Just review the incidents properly in the future and use some common sense.
We are reviewing the incidents like we have done for many years. So i dont see why we should try and do things differently. If you read my message you clearly see that we are in some cases (and this as well) reviewing more than the 4 corners. However we do not compare fastest laps, sector times and so on - and we wont do that. If you can´t pull away from the blue flag, then you must give up your position:
6.2 If a blue flag driver is able to pull away from the blue flag condition, they may continue. However, if the blue flag condition occurs again, they must give way within 4 corners.

Adam Taylor

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Sure...

We are reviewing the incidents like we have done for many years. So i dont see why we should try and do things differently. If you read my message you clearly see that we are in some cases (and this as well) reviewing more than the 4 corners. However we do not compare fastest laps, sector times and so on - and we wont do that. If you can´t pull away from the blue flag, then you must give up your position:
6.2 If a blue flag driver is able to pull away from the blue flag condition, they may continue. However, if the blue flag condition occurs again, they must give way within 4 corners.
I was able to pull away, I was blocked by some slower cars. As soon as I was in free air I drove away.

I was able to pull away, I was blocked by some slower cars. As soon as I was in free air I drove away.
And again...
You did not handle traffic and the car which were in a position infront of you catched up..

Its pointless to discuss stewards decisions, so i will leave it there.