What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 3 - 6 hours of Interlagos

Daniele Vidimari

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
What I have noticed is that this version of the tire model is inheriting an old RF2 problem that remains too constrained to tire pressure.
The more you can maintain a lower pressure, the better the grip, it may have a justification but up to certain limits .
For example, if I leave for the first lap I will have an elevated grip even if I have the tires are cold (and it should not really happen) because of the low pressures (or at least this is my explanation).
Driving more laps the pressure will be higher until it stabilizes and it is easy to perceive the differences lap by lap.
For the first 2 - 3 - 4 laps (depending on the type of track) the car has more grip and I understand that it is a desired phenomenon (in real life of motorsport this happens for some categories) but what happens here after a few laps is something different because it changes the way you drive the car that becomes much more slippery.
So what I want to say is that I understand that for the first laps I can have a greater grip (allowing me one or two laps from qualifying) but I find it strange that then the car is different to drive.
Yes that exactly what i have experienced so far. My god, the test race at Silverstone and the race at Nola was a pain with the rear tires with our Porsche, but i'm pretty sure is a Porsche behaviour, being the only mid engine/front fuel tank car here it tends to snap oversteer very easily with low fuel and worn/over pressurized tires.
We made some experiments with the setup for Interlagos and we were able to lap every lap in the same bunch of thents(mid 1:30), no strange behaviour and no snap oversteer this time, but idk yet if it was the track and the asphalt or these setup changes, we will see in Malaysia!

Tonga Guardia

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
its a bit strange how many guys here had problem with freezes and stutters in Interlagos,
I had none, zero, freezes or stutters which makes me happy and let me have a great and safe race.
i have really old PC, an Phenom II x4 with 4Gb DDr3 and GTX760...
In Indy was imposible to do one lap without stutters, these happens all across the track when there was more than 7 or 8 cars on the server, i decided not race.
then we go to Nola, and the behaviour was better, stutter has gone in a 99% but there was some freezes, speccially one too big, almost 6 or 7 seconds, ended with me on a very extensive grass area luckily with no damage ( entereing the backstraight before chicane)...
but inmediately after that, in the braking point of the last 2 turns, a GT car falled in my roof with too much damage to repair, i didnt had any freeze or stutter at that exactly moment.

Interlagos was 100% stutter and frezze free :) , maybe becouse is an old track and made for old specs PC?? IDK...
so its strange for me that others with better PC had a lot of problems, so, not so much relative to hardware....
unluckily i didnt have any trace as i did a fresh format and install of all....
until now Sepang is having a similar behauvior than Interlagos (only test with 13 cars maximun on server)
we will see...

Last edited:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
IRR posted, now there is a few notes, please read!

Regarding the start, its clearly posted that you should be on pitlimiter for the formation lap and then when you EXIT the turn you get the green flag, not 100 meters before, not 50 meters before, not 3 meters before.
We do not need ideas nor do we need one of the teams who was involved with this to say how unfair it is.
"But there were not a white line as a reference point" Nope, but exit means exit not entry, not 100 meters before
"But I could not see it" No, but we have not penalized marginals - we have penalized those who were clearly off the pitlimiter before the turn.
"But.." nope, dont even go there. Rules are pretty clear on this, and so is the first post!

Adrian Subiela

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
IRR posted, now there is a few notes, please read!

Regarding the start, its clearly posted that you should be on pitlimiter for the formation lap and then when you EXIT the turn you get the green flag, not 100 meters before, not 50 meters before, not 3 meters before.
We do not need ideas nor do we need one of the teams who was involved with this to say how unfair it is.
"But there were not a white line as a reference point" Nope, but exit means exit not entry, not 100 meters before
"But I could not see it" No, but we have not penalized marginals - we have penalized those who were clearly off the pitlimiter before the turn.
"But.." nope, dont even go there. Rules are pretty clear on this, and so is the first post!
Penalty - M Hoyer - Jumping the start; DT
Penalty - M Korkiakoski - Jumping the start; DT
Penalty - S Campbell - Jumping the start; DT
Penalty - K Cox - Jumping the start; DT
Penalty - J Araneda - Jumping the start; DT
Penalty - G Djordjevic - Jumping the start; DT
Penalty - F Fortin - Jumping the start; DT
Penalty - E Schmieder - Jumping the start; DT
Penalty - A Braeutigam - Jumping the start; DT
Penalty - S Heine - Jumping the start; DT

rules are pretty clear, :funny:

Martin Brault

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison You wrote penalty for the #254 in D4. Patrick Tougait is driving the #355. The #254 it is Gaël Tougait on it, and he is in d3.
Just to be fair with our d4 mates. We would not want to steal their SnH from them.

Riccardo Corazzari

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
I’m shocked. I really wasn’t expecting to get 2 DT after a totally clean experience here.
For the formation lap, more than slowing down “slowly” because group in front is slow aswell I can’t do.
For the hit i received from Michel, it’s written that i went wide. I was on the racing line, 100% on the racing line. I prepared the exit of the hairpin right to stay tight in the lefthanded.

Now i’m confused.

Last edited:

Tonnie Jansen

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
We filled a incident request rapport against car nr 317, who took us out on the straight. I don't see it back in the IRR results!!

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
We filled a incident request rapport against car nr 317, who took us out on the straight. I don't see it back in the IRR results!!
When you say "we" did you then do it?
Did you post it in the right division?
Did you do it before the deadline, if not you probably received a notice about it being after the deadline
I am the one gathering all the incidents into one post, and i double check and then let stewards double check for a day if something is wrong, so im pretty sure everything is there

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Now regarding start,
Did you do it before the deadline, if not you probably received a notice about it being after the deadline
I am the one gathering all the incidents into one post, and i double check and then let stewards double check for a day if something is wrong, so im pretty sure everything is there
And i just found it, its in archived, as it was posted AFTER the deadline
17.6.1 6-12 hour races: drivers should submit IRR before 17:00 CET on monday after the race
A notice is always sent out to drivers submitting late when i move them, so you should have a notice in the notification up top.

Tonnie Jansen

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
i made the report and didt it in the right div. i not recieved a notice about a deadline. Can i see that i didt post the report?

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
i see i recieved a notice, that it was removed to another forum, because of a deadline. next time better.
Good, since i always send a notice when i move/delete these posts. Yeah just do it before the deadline, then we have time to plan and make assessments. The later they come in, the longer the IRR will be delayed.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Its funny that 10 drivers/teams in the DIV1 can't understand The Rules when they are pretty clear. An other drivers were penalized during the race for the seam CLEAR rule, so hey ho.
10 out of 400 drivers in several season of using this - i dont find it as amusing as you.
But its not any different than drivers making mistakes when handling traffic (avoidable contact), or when misreading a rule or how to submit skin
What i find worse is when a driver ^ keeps trying to focus on bad things and only post negative posts. Instead of having stewards having their final say in things, someone always tries to find something to moan about.