What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 3 - 6 hours of Interlagos

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Hello, it seems there is a bug on the youtube channel : it is said that the race video lasts 7h14m, but when you click on it, the 3 first hours are cropped out, so it only lasts 4h. Is it just that the entire video isn't available yet ?

Oli McGown

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Hello, it seems there is a bug on the youtube channel : it is said that the race video lasts 7h14m, but when you click on it, the 3 first hours are cropped out, so it only lasts 4h. Is it just that the entire video isn't available yet ?
Usually this just means the video isn't available yet - long streams like that can take a while to process. Although normally I would expect YouTube to have finished processing by now.

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Usually this just means the video isn't available yet - long streams like that can take a while to process. Although normally I would expect YouTube to have finished processing by now.
Yeah i'm a bit surprised it's not fully uploaded yet that's why i'm asking :)

James Andrew

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
No video(s) from me for this round, was called into the car with very little notice. I did go through the replay and record my overtake for 9th which cheered us up a little :)
Also, did I leave enough room on the inside, or was I being a bit cheeky closing the door? (Feedback is always welcome :))
Are you being serious in the question? I don't know you so sorry if I'm missing sarcasm but that looked like a beautiful and perfect move.

Thomas Jacobs

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Are you being serious in the question?
I was mostly serious, had a chat with a few friends regarding the move and a few seem to think I left just a tad too little room on the inside. I'm always aiming to improve my driving, so why not get the community here to give me some pointers :)

Cosimo Streppone

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Attaching another trace file for another freeze and then a later disconnect.

The freeze occurred at 5305 and lasted until 5314. I believe the damage I received was from reappearing while airborne and then crashing down on to the track. This was in close proximity to Ludovic Darquy though, so I apologise if there was any collision. Interestingly three other cars running in close proximity suffered dropouts from the replay at the same time. Jon Uyan at 5270, Pedro Delgado at 5285, me at 5305 and then Jose Berenguer at 5321.

The disconnect occured at 6857.

Several other technical issues impacted on the race. Some known, others being investigated. All a bit meh again.
We also got a freeze, from timestamp 5333, so quite close to the ones already mentioned above.
It lasted for about 5-6s. In the attached trace file, the timestamp is around 11038s (since the trace file starts when I connected to the D3 server, not when the race started). As it happens in these cases, I didn't see any related information in the trace file. Maybe S397 can have a look and find some good info there, hopefully.

Here's a video of the freeze, recorded from the official server replay (local replay was off, to avoid potential problems with disk I/O etc...):

The car goes through the armco, then back to the pits, and then back on track, all by itself while my screen was completely frozen.
We ended up having light damage, but we continued the race.
For any further detail, I have all the info on file.

Attachments

Last edited:

Morten Faarup

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
First step: I´ve had it with the contact we´ve seen sofar, so expect a major damage update!!

I hope not m8. I think the cars are quite fragile as it is in certain situations. Sometimes they brake down for nothing and other times they stand up for a huge beating. This time I had an unfortunate spin in T4 and had nowhere to go, so a fast car slammed into me at full throttle while i was keeping the brake down to be predictable. This however left me with only 111secs of repair. Other incidents where our car has been pushed a bit, and with what seems like minor damage, it pans out to the car being quite some time slower and the same fixing time. But i guess it is ok to be lucky.

Im very sorry to the teams we took on with that parking in the middle, but i thought it too dangerous to start rolling before everyone had passed.
My fault completely though :notworthy::notworthy::sick:

I hope not m8. I think the cars are quite fragile as it is in certain situations. Sometimes they brake down for nothing and other times they stand up for a huge beating. This time I had an unfortunate spin in T4 and had nowhere to go, so a fast car slammed into me at full throttle while i was keeping the brake down to be predictable. This however left me with only 111secs of repair. Other incidents where our car has been pushed a bit, and with what seems like minor damage, it pans out to the car being quite some time slower and the same fixing time. But i guess it is ok to be lucky.

Im very sorry to the teams we took on with that parking in the middle, but i thought it too dangerous to start rolling before everyone had passed.
My fault completely though :notworthy::notworthy::sick:
As they should when driving with 200 km/h - but ask if we had as many incidents in S9-S10, we did not is the answer. Longer repairs make people think a bit more before diving up the inside of a car. Lets see.

Kalle Kouri

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
What a race it was for GTE #97 Ajira Racing! Basically whole 6 hours flat-out within few seconds against #63 Pulse Motorsport. Only my stupid mistake with speed limiter hence drive-through penalty caused us to drop 20 seconds behind but was able to gain the time back in track during my two stints (sorry for the crappy video quality):

Few laps before 4th pit stop tried overtaking them:

But no luck this time. During final pit stop we decided to try undercut (if timestamp in link doesn't work find position where time remaining says 58:10):

So yeah it worked and we ended up winning the race!!! Checked replay file and calculated time differences during undercut:

Code:
Pit stop difference: -2,037 secs
Difference in track: -0,142 secs
Gap before pit stop: +1,658 secs
Gap after pit stop:  -0,521 secs
Tight one! :cool:

with that 1 second less time to refuel the car (that i already have reported in Nola, same thing happened) i could have exited pitlane still in front and with very high chances win this race. I think today we really deserved it.
You sure about this? Because tested it today and couldn't find any differences in refueling speed between BMW and Porsche. Repeated it 10 times for both cars (tire change and +88 liters of fuel) and both had exactly same total pit stop time variations of min/max 60,7/61,9 seconds. There are some fluctuation probably intentionally made by the programmers so it needs to be tested multiple times for reliable results. We obviously had more fuel in tank because pitted earlier than planned so that and fluctuation explains the 2 secs difference IMO.

I agree you would have well deserved the victory but with all the respect we deserved it even more and were the best team this time - both pace and tactics. :whistle: :whitles: :whistling::thumbsup: (y):p

Anyhow season is still long and anything can and will happen so no rest for the wicked. Really looking forward for forthcoming races as competition seems crazy high!

Few funny clips from the previous NOLA race:

Old shaky hands - Normal speed
Old shaky hands - Slow motion

You sure about this? Because tested it today and couldn't find any differences in refueling speed between BMW and Porsche
Not if you only do a few laps. The BMW have 95 liters on board, the Porsche "just" 90, so when the tank is almost empty it does take a bit longer. If its completely empty its 1,25 seconds, BUT its hardly ever empty when you enter the pits.
And before you start a big discussion how unfair this is, this is taken from real life BOP. We are reviewing all of this btw, so dont make a big discussion about this.

Pauli Ahonen

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
I want to thank you all GT drivers in div. 4 very predictable driving, but sometimes it looked like they were scared.
I was very comfortable with my car but after changing to fresh tyres i was bit overconfident and tapped one GT and LMP into their rear bumper when they needed to, for me, seemingly to stop to take the corners.

Kalle Kouri

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Not if you only do a few laps. The BMW have 95 liters on board, the Porsche "just" 90, so when the tank is almost empty it does take a bit longer. If its completely empty its 1,25 seconds, BUT its hardly ever empty when you enter the pits.
And before you start a big discussion how unfair this is, this is taken from real life BOP. We are reviewing all of this btw, so dont make a big discussion about this.
During the race I was wondering how the heck some BMWs were able to run 1-2 laps longer compared to us and this explains it perfectly. Yeah BoP is important and we feel it's really good at the moment. Perhaps in qualifying BMW was two tenths faster but in the race the BoP was just perfect - this crazy 6 hour sprint race BMW vs Porsche between few seconds each others is a perfect evidence of it. No need for me to start any discussion of it. Bigger tank can favor in some circumstances of course but I like these cars are not exactly similar and there are some minor differences. Makes racing more interesting!

Riccardo Corazzari

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
During the race I was wondering how the heck some BMWs were able to run 1-2 laps longer compared to us and this explains it perfectly. Yeah BoP is important and we feel it's really good at the moment. Perhaps in qualifying BMW was two tenths faster but in the race the BoP was just perfect - this crazy 6 hour sprint race BMW vs Porsche between few seconds each others is a perfect evidence of it. No need for me to start any discussion of it. Bigger tank can favor in some circumstances of course but I like these cars are not exactly similar and there are some minor differences. Makes racing more interesting!
that's incorrect as fuel efficiency is lower, autonomy is the same, the difference is that BMW must carry a bit more fuel to have the same autonomy.
As the filling rates are equal for all cars, this ends up in a small disadvantage at the pitstop, which appears to be 1 - 1.25 seconds. If you want to doublecheck, take both cars, mix 4, put 3 Lt and do out-in pitting and making full refuel. One will be 24, the other 25. This playied a role in Nola and Interlagos right in the same way for us. Instead of coming out side by side or just ahead, we where just behind.

Yacine Derridj

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Also, did I leave enough room on the inside, or was I being a bit cheeky closing the door? (Feedback is always welcome :))
Depends on whether your name is Verstapen or Ocon! ;)

From my point of view, you left plenty and it was very clean.

Bas van Dort

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
I've had something very weird happening to me last race and I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on this issue. I missed pressing the race button as I didn't notice the warmup to race transition when I was adjusting my seat so I was 1 second late. Very dumb but manageable for a 6 hour race to start at the back. However I pressed race, spawned in pitbox, put the car in 1st and the second I left the box I got slapped with a 10 second stop/go penalty for cutting the track. I didn't exit under reds as this happened when I started driving and I did wait for the red light. Does anyone know what happened here?

Gustavo da Silva

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
I've had something very weird happening to me last race and I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on this issue. I missed pressing the race button as I didn't notice the warmup to race transition when I was adjusting my seat so I was 1 second late. Very dumb but manageable for a 6 hour race to start at the back. However I pressed race, spawned in pitbox, put the car in 1st and the second I left the box I got slapped with a 10 second stop/go penalty for cutting the track. I didn't exit under reds as this happened when I started driving and I did wait for the red light. Does anyone know what happened here?
I had a similar problem, i pressed the race button and it wasnt letting me join, as soon I it let me click the race button it put me in our pit box. No penalty though