What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 3 - 6 hours of Interlagos

Marcel Offermans

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
There are no infos. Where do i have to take them? It was a freeze in Turn 2. It freezed out of nowhere. No car around. No stutter, fps problems or anything else. It froze and the game closed without an error message. Regarding system event report "Application hang" was the cause of the freeze.
If you got a system event report, then you can look that up and copy/paste the details of that event in your windows event viewer. But an application hang sounds different from some of the other freezes that have been reported (in general I have the feeling that different people are running into different things). In this specific case, depending on the data of that application hang, it could be for example a software driver that hangs. If this would happen to me I would check if all my drivers (motherboard, sound, network, video, audio, ..) are all up to date and then I would make very sure my PC was not overheating (since this happened out of nowhere).

Ben Boorman

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Attaching another trace file for another freeze and then a later disconnect.

The freeze occurred at 5305 and lasted until 5314. I believe the damage I received was from reappearing while airborne and then crashing down on to the track. This was in close proximity to Ludovic Darquy though, so I apologise if there was any collision. Interestingly three other cars running in close proximity suffered dropouts from the replay at the same time. Jon Uyan at 5270, Pedro Delgado at 5285, me at 5305 and then Jose Berenguer at 5321.

The disconnect occured at 6857.

Several other technical issues impacted on the race. Some known, others being investigated. All a bit meh again.

Attachments

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Review from #322. RevolutionSimRacing Division 4

I did quali (P6) and from the start and in the first stint I could keep the position while battling with P5 and P4 through traffic. Things went really good and I was very careful with traffic. Than I made my first pitstop and made the mistake that would cost us P3 for sure in the end: I sped in the pitlane. So after I served my 10s stop and hold penalty I came back on track and as we couldn't manage tire wear well I lost some time. After this my stint Jan took over for two stints and brought us back from P10/P9 to P6 if I'm correct. After he finished his 2 stints I took over for what would be my best stints since I race in VEC. The car felt brilliant, I could put in very good times lap after lap after lap. I started on P8 at the start of my 3rd stint with the intention of doing a double stint. After my fuel stop for the 4th stint I could chase the leading Rookie Monsters for laps after lap after lap with worn tires. In the meantime I had no big issues and lapping GTE traffic went really well. With 21 laps to go in my 4th stint, I was 1m09s behind M. Leclerc. At the end of my 4th stint I made a pitstop with just 30 seconds behind M. Leclerc.

After Jan took the car back over for the last 2 hours of the race we were in P6. He did 3 more stints till the end of the race. In his third stint we did a pitstop and came back on track with 59 seconds behind P4. And than he started doing quali lap after another after another. I only focused on counting down the seconds. 59, 58, 57, 56 etc. etc. Come the end of the race we found ourselves in P4 as Team Rookie Monsters lost a wing in an accident. We thought it was a rear axle we saw lying there on the pavement. In the meantime Jan kept closing down the gap to P3. When the finish flag dropped we were just 6 seconds behind P3! That drive of Jan was awesome and we made up 53 seconds in that last stint.

Looking back at the race it was an awesome race where my pitlane speeding cost us the podium at least. However my 3rd and 4th stint were so good, I throughly enjoyed this race still.

Thanx to all the drivers and race directors for an awesome race. Thanx Jan for being my engineer and coming up with some good race strategy again!

Now first I'm going to enjoy the upcoming holidays. But I can't wait to get in the car again for our next race in 2019: Sepang! See you all on track!

Lance Garassino

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Thanks for the race Gents.

We started 8th and at race start a few issues saw us drop down to 13th. Boyd with the way he drives saw us gain some great positions back. An hour before I was meant to jump in I had some power related issues in the area which was quite nerve wrecking. So jump on the phone to see if Jason can help out, nervously he says yip lets do it, bear in mind he has done a few laps to help with prep but has not got his mind right for the race. As he is about to jump in my power comes back on, so back to TS say howzit to the guys and without knowing whats going to happen on my side, we decide that Jason will carry on and do his part. Well he jumps in, puts his ears back and just went for it, did an awesome job and pace was brilliant. again in that stint we gained a couple positions. I took over a stint later to do the final 2 hours. With the way the pit stops worked out we were looking for a p6 finish, boy it was quite nerve wrecking having Mr Hadlack coming and coming, seeing that gap close down every lap was quite something, but in the end we managed to finish ahead of were we qualified, thanks to all!!

With regards to stutters n stuff, I had a slow down that lasted about 3-4 seconds luckily I could control stuff and managed to get out the way. I had several stutters along the way though. At first I just panicked, but then I started noticing that every time a few cars were around me (well if I could see then, even in my rear view mirror) if they went off and kicked up some dust or if there was a wheel that locked up and produced some smoke I would get a slight stutter. Maybe its been like this in the past and didnt notice the correlation between the 2 or if this track is slightly un-optimised. Anyone have some ideas as to what coudlbe going on or is this isolated to me?

My PC specs arent too bad, i5 6700k, 1060 6gb GPU, SSD etc. I have trace files enabled so if anyone would like to have a look please give me a shout.

Eduardo del Rincon

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Good race for my team.

D2: Jose started second and although he had to stop his car for thirty seconds on one side of the track, between him and Jodi they won without much trouble.

D4: A lot of problems for my teammates with pc and collisions in the race. D4 is a jungle and they try to survive as they can.

D3: Good qualy, pole for us but "a misinterpretation of where t12 is" gift us a drive drive through. We leave the pit line 6th, then the race became fun, we overtook the rest of the pilots and Marco Antonio and Carlos finished the work with getting time with respect the rest of cars.

For me, exit T2 is confusing and it doesnt say where you can speed up. I have watch replays from all divisions and people speed up after and before me. Your team @Nick Newcombe make the start just one meter after me and only me and few teams more got penalty when there are others team speeding up before where i did. what a eye!

I accept the penalty but I would like a reference for the next race.

See you in Sepang

Eduardo del Rincon

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
I'm sorry about the jungle, I mean they have more incidents than normal.

But your setup looks even better, look this perfect spin!!

Luca D'Amelio

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Set up was clearly good. look at this fantastic double spin. Only a good set can made that smooth section.

pd: maybe at that point the car was completely damaged
I was ironical anyway so as long they didn't hit anyone they just brought some good show.

Yeah we thought that 6 hours in this track would have been a bit boring, so why not making it a bit more unpredictable...
Don't get me wrong though, we did s**t our pants anyway by doing so.

No punch taken, as you and other teams used an exploit with or without knowing gaining an advantage.
But lets NOT continue that discussion now. My patience with that matter has run out, dont try me on this!
And the award for most dislikes this month again goes to World of SimRacing, good job. But you can do better than 3 dislikes cant you? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Right now D3 is the division that the have the fewest submitted IRR´s. So it does not look too bad tbh. But something i´m always saying is that you only see it from your perspective and sometimes one needs to take a step back.

Yacine Derridj

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Well Div 4 is for newcomers right? So it seems only natural that it should be the one with the most drivers/teams without any serious endurance experience, and thus issues/IRRs/bad setup...

Until now, I not sure I'm aggressive enough to perform clean overtakes on slower cars, but it is true that I still don't get if Div 4 LMP2s are behaving a little bit too aggressive when overtaking GTEs (even though not immediately battling for a standing) or if I just lack experience to get where and when the LMP2 is going to make its move.
At Interlagos I had to often let go the Apex at the very last minute to avoid a crash, especially the T12, which made me lose a lot of time in the straight. I made the choice to finish my stint in one piece, but I'm wondering if that is the way to drive a GTE in endurance to ever be fast enough to make a good result.

Last edited:

Luis Carreiro

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Well what a great race for us in the Div3 PTSims.net Racing P3.
We started with a good 2nd place in qualify, and Paulo did a great 1st stint keeping a good pace. Then i joinned and made some mistakes, a spin but with no problems, and then a bad overtake on GTE that caused us a Stop n go. Tiago tooke the penalty and made a good stint and we where in 3rd after the penalty. Paulo came back for another stint and was catching up to the Rfactor2race car when both hit a GTE that had spun at t4. Our car was damaged and we imediatly planed a stop and driver change while repairing the car. I got in the car to finish the race, and after the pit stop we where back in 2nd. The Rfactor2race car stopped a couple of times anda we got 3 laps on them so i could do a final stop just for fuel with no worries and finish this great event in 2nd. Thanks to all the drivers and the SRC staff for another great race, and we are looking foward for Sepang and trying to give #247 Cetilar Scuderia GTItalia a bot more of a fight!

David Trueba

SR.C License 4
Hey guys!

First, congratulate everyone for the race, a really complicated track.

Then, I would like someone to put a little light on a couple of things.

- It would be appropriate to establish a physical reference in the start, since I believe that the "exit of" method is somewhat ambiguous, and gives rise to confusion.

As an example, our car # 261 was sanctioned live by @Nick Newcombe for "Jump start went between T11 and T12 not exit" o_O. And out of curiosity, I checked the exit of the absolute leaders of other divisions, and by surprise I have found that there is a difference of, maybe 1 meter, between what our car did,and the overall leaders of D1 and D2 did. Were they sanctioned? Or was it just World of SimRacing for that meter? (Yes, obviously, it isn´t pure geometry, but taking both kerbs as a reference serves as an idea.)

JumpStart.jpg

As much as it seems curious, at least, what I'm going to do is that it wouldn´t hurt to establish a real line or reference that would end this ambiguity, leaving no room for interpretation. I wouldn´t like to receive another drive through, so, how the sun rises :rolleyes:.

- On the other hand I would like to comment on division 4. It´s clear that is a necessary category, I would say that it is essential as a beginning in the VEC. But we would have to find some solution so that it wasn´t a jungle. I don´t know if a commitment from all the teams to claim all the incidents, some action of the organization ... I don´t know. The case is that we would have to put an end to that feeling of "everything is valid" in the races, with some cars taking crazy risks with consequences for others again and again. We understand the D4 as a launch ramp, that there is no retransmission, that there is no full-time race director, but ... It shouldn´t be abandoned to its fate. In the end, everyone has the VEC Pass like the others, and certain minimum standards of the VEC should be met.

- It would be appropriate to establish a physical reference in the start, since I believe that the "exit of" method is somewhat ambiguous, and gives rise to confusion.
That would require work in 3dsmax if you want to define a line, and i do not have the skills to do that, nor do anyone else in the staff. So feel free to apply for that job. However i am rethinking how to do this. Also i am investigating the penalties etc.

- On the other hand I would like to comment on division 4. It´s clear that is a necessary category, I would say that it is essential as a beginning in the VEC. But we would have to find some solution so that it wasn´t a jungle. I don´t know if a commitment from all the teams to claim all the incidents, some action of the organization ... I don´t know. The case is that we would have to put an end to that feeling of "everything is valid" in the races, with some cars taking crazy risks with consequences for others again and again. We understand the D4 as a launch ramp, that there is no retransmission, that there is no full-time race director, but ... It shouldn´t be abandoned to its fate. In the end, everyone has the VEC Pass like the others, and certain minimum standards of the VEC should be met.
D4 is not a jungle it is people that think it is. D4 does not even has as many IRR´s as D1, so stop fooling yourself that D4 is THAT BAD, because its not.

It is the same as D3, you have a race director that is driving and this round he had to be out until 19:00 CET, this is what happens. Once upon a time people were happy to get races sorted for them and reviewed after the race, this is basically what we are offering. Hours and hours of work for each division, on top you get a driver that helps out spotting for things on track. Sometimes this happens while the race director is on track, sometimes it dont. I dont have an overview of what happened in D4 just yet, but i think you need to take a step back and see what you get instead of claiming D4 is left out in the cold, because it is not - by no means.

First step: I´ve had it with the contact we´ve seen sofar, so expect a major damage update!!

David Trueba

SR.C License 4
That would require work in 3dsmax if you want to define a line, and i do not have the skills to do that, nor do anyone else in the staff. So feel free to apply for that job. However i am rethinking how to do this. Also i am investigating the penalties etc.
Do you pay well? Are you a good boss? No, seriously, I don´t think that much work would be necessary. I think that with a simple indication using a screenshot in the style of other championships would be enough. Of course it is not sophisticated, but it´s simple and precise. For example, i just ordered my son in the paint:

INTERLAGOS.jpg

Other important series use it:
monza.jpg

D4 is not a jungle it is people that think it is. D4 does not even has as many IRR´s as D1, so stop fooling yourself that D4 is THAT BAD, because its not.

It is the same as D3, you have a race director that is driving and this round he had to be out until 19:00 CET, this is what happens. Once upon a time people were happy to get races sorted for them and reviewed after the race, this is basically what we are offering. Hours and hours of work for each division, on top you get a driver that helps out spotting for things on track. Sometimes this happens while the race director is on track, sometimes it dont. I dont have an overview of what happened in D4 just yet, but i think you need to take a step back and see what you get instead of claiming D4 is left out in the cold, because it is not - by no means.

First step: I´ve had it with the contact we´ve seen sofar, so expect a major damage update!!
BAD, it's your word, not mine. That many hours are used, I know, surely some more than those also dedicated by drivers and teams, essential part too, by the way. Nobody says otherwise. I only call to try to improve together. And I speak from the feedback of the guys. Steps back, the righteous.

Last edited:
Do you pay well? Are you a good boss? No, seriously, I don´t think that much work would be necessary. I think that with a simple indication using a screenshot in the style of other championships would be enough. Of course it is not sophisticated, but it´s simple and precise. For example, i just ordered my son in the paint:

View attachment 5901

Other important series use it:
View attachment 5902

BAD, it's your word, not mine. That many hours are used, I know, surely some more than those also dedicated by drivers and teams, essential part too, by the way. Nobody says otherwise. I only call to try to improve together. And I speak from the feedback of the guys. Steps back, the righteous.
I simply explained things, so we can take some steps back together oh righteous one

Carlos del Alamo

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Paulo came back for another stint and was catching up to the Rfactor2race car when both hit a GTE that had spun at t4.
Yes, it was a bad lucky situation and a bad lucky race for us. After the accident in t4, our car didn't perform well in spite of the reparation at the box. It was 1 second slower per lap. We had too much damages...
It would have been fantastic to be able to continue the race fighting for the second position with you. The teams were very close.
Congratulations for your result.
See you in Sepang

Thomas Jacobs

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
No video(s) from me for this round, was called into the car with very little notice. I did go through the replay and record my overtake for 9th which cheered us up a little :)
Also, did I leave enough room on the inside, or was I being a bit cheeky closing the door? (Feedback is always welcome :))