What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 2 - LimeRock Park

4837 - Manuel Duerr

I "missed" the dotted line by 1m and therefore I am getting a drive through penalty for the next race? Yes, it is against the rules but quite harsh IMO, a simple warning or infraction would have been enough. Will serve the penalty in the next race but I am not looking forward to it...

I feel so stupid, I didn't even notice there was a blend line in pit in.
Its annoying as i could had easily avoided that.
It think a drive through for something like this waaaaay too much (in this case)
I would say a warning / infraction point would have done it

38 Violations for a very small cut :/

To be fair, SRCA has always had a zero tolerance policy for cutting pit entry/exit. It's extremely harsh, of course. But it's designed to make you aware and consciously think about it as part of your preparation for future races, because it's an integral part of being aware in a VEC setting and dealing with cars exiting the pits / coming out behind you at various speeds. No worries, I don't think pit entry / exit penalties will hurt your chances of L4 too much. Just learn from it and move forward. :)

I've been on the side of "but I didn't even gain anything!" to the point of having a straight up rant/whine in the forum... and nothing changed :D So my suggestion is to suck it up and pay more attention to it next time :)

It's just a lot more simple for it to be "on/off" type of thing. If you start giving warnings then those need to be tracked. Also if you cut by 1 meter and that's worthy of a warning, then is 1.1m a penalty? And how do you measure distances accurately on track? I know it sounds a bit silly, but it's best when things are simple and clear. The simpler and clearer the better and easier for everyone.

3497 is the number of seconds into the replay. You can see that number in the bottom right of the replay overlay.

Also, we penalize cutting the blend line because of safety, not because you gained time. Have a look at the replay and stewards review of S9, Race 3 at Silverstone if you still think this is too harsh.

As a side note, in VEC and VLMS this is penalized the same way. Better get used to it now.

I "missed" the dotted line by 1m and therefore I am getting a drive through penalty for the next race? Yes, it is against the rules but quite harsh IMO, a simple warning or infraction would have been enough. Will serve the penalty in the next race but I am not looking forward to it...

I don't say the stuff that I say before the race because I have so much spare time and no one to talk to.

Before the race (on Server 1) I specifically said that you must not cut across the pit entry and exit lines. You may cut across the dotted line though.

It is as clear as it could possibly be in the rules and I especially said it before the race to remind everyone. Because we always get people that cut across there.
And yet still people ignore the pit entry and exit lines. At this point no one can help you anymore.

The guys above pretty much explained it. But its really simple
It is explained in the rules, we dont accept it here, no matter if its 1cm - ask in VEC.. we simply want to have people following the rules.
Next up could be, oh well but i only ran 2 meters over the line, then its 3, 4, 5 meters - you can probably guess where im heading.
Read the rules - understand them - follow them or get penalized! this is not up for any debate, pitlane blend line rules are a must in multiclass racing, which is why we are strict, there is so many overtakings per lap that cutting over the lines will lead to problems at some point.

Guys its the rules, we race to the rules period.
when I said my comment (which seemed to start all of this) I never complained about the rules or anything, I put the blame on myself only.
This is not the 1st league that Ive raced that it has strict rules. (and I'm glad for it)
So lets get on and have fun in Istanbul.