What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 2 - 6 hours of NOLA

Carlos Santos

SRCA director
VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
PTSims.net Racing statement on this matter:

1. We understand this is a tricky situation and there's no magic bullet to fix it.
We believe that teams aware of the exploit had to be penalized in order to, at least, remove the unfair advantage they got.
Weighting all pros and cons we find that the administration's decision is arguably the best possible given the situation.
Despite some collateral damage we cannot think of better reasonable proposal to make things right, the penalty is harsh on teams doing it unintentionally (much bigger than the advantage they got) but ultimately they also took advantage from the exploit (although unintentionally) and since there's no reasonable way to prove who was aware and who was not there'e no way around it.
We strongly condemn any lack of fair play and poor sportsmanship and will continue to contribute with the best possible example.

2. Since our name is in that list we want to let our fellow competitors know that between our 4 cars we did 25 driver swaps in the 2 opening rounds and only once we did it without changing tires.
In the Indy race #211 had a splash and dash planned near the end of the race, just for fuel, however mid-race an input error in the "pit menu" by the driver made us do a driver swap keeping the old tires. We decided to keep the car on track with the old tires just long enough to cover the need for the splash at the end. We pitted again with plenty of fuel left.
This is clear in our stream from the HUD alone and anyone who understands Portuguese will back us on this xD

The moment we find out we didn't select new tyres: youtu.be/ArZReToYXFk?t=24181
And when we pitted soon after with 17 lts remaining : youtu.be/ArZReToYXFk?t=26219

We hope some lessons can be learned from this unpleasant situation and this issue is put to rest ASAP.
Looking forward to Interlagos.

Jesus Mohedano

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Hi,
If you are not sure who has committed this because you have sanctioned ?.
we are 4 pilots for 6h. It is evident that if we all want to run (for that we have paid the VEC pass) we will be sanctioned in all the 6h races.
The solution would be to change tires in all pilot changes, right ?. So for that we have medium and hard tires
How should we act so as not to be penalized?
Cheers

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
I am very angry that my proposal of removing tyres hasn't even been considered
It's almost like we'd need tyres wtf
:^)

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Morning all

Statement from SpeedyMite Racing - nothing too formal - Re Penalty for the div 2 #184 BMW.

Definitely wasn't intentional, was surprised to see our name up there, spoke to our drivers and I hope they don't mind me sharing their comments but to me it clearly shows no intent

"i think when i swap cars

we decide to not change tyre, because we mess up on first stop to not double stint tyres
but yeah that was my decision to not change try when i swap cars
so sorry guys really don't know that bug was exist on that race"

"Damn that sucks, we didn't know. As I said in my race report to you after my 1st hour I went for a fresh set of tyres since I thought refuelling and tyre change happened at the same time and fuel took longer. When we did the driver swap, told me not to change tyres so he could double stint and save time by not doing a tyre change since the time needed for tyre changes was added ontop of refuelling time. We didn't know there was a bug to exploit."

However we 100% support the penalty and back the decisions made by SRC, this has been handled in a highly professional manner and a fair and just outcome has resulted.

Thank you to the admin for taking the time to review all pitstops, I'm sure it wasn't fun and that you would have had much better things to do.

All the best to everyone, lets move on to Sao Paulo and have a controversial free event! :thumbsup: (y)

Last edited:

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
okay last post for me today....

So since we seem to have alright qualifying pace..... and to be sure we're not penalized later (this is definitely tongue in cheek I assure you Jimmi ;) ) I thought it best I share our qualifying setup to ensure that there are no "bugs" in it that we are exploiting without our knowledge......... and if we are... you can all be penalized for it :p

Everyone is welcome to have this setup, as long as you promise not to open it up.........

disclaimer - I can not say if this will or won't actually load as a setup........ but sure try your luck.....

Attachments

Last edited:

Alex Braeutigam

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Black Hawk Racing statement considering the "tyre bug":

We have been mentioned 3 times, therefore i just want to clarify the situation in order that our team won't stay with a poor image. We are competing at SRC events for several years and i am pretty sure, that we are known as a fair and honourable team.

Race 2: #106 Black Hawk Racing: 3 lap penalty

We as a team didn't know about this bug in the 1st round at Indy. After the race, a couple of our drivers (the #106 crew) have seen that an LM-P2 team (i won't mention this team) was doing some crazy 1:20 laps on 3 stint old tyres, therefore they started experimenting. After they found this out, one of our drivers immediately contacted Jimmi (he mentiones us in his final post in this thread). He probably didn't know exactly what this driver was talking about.

So then our #106 crew started race 2 and waited for the others to see if they use this or not. A couple of other LM-P2 teams started to use that and so we did.

Race 2: #42 Black Hawk Racing: 1 lap penalty

Our LM-P3 crew did it once, because nobody said it was disallowed to use. Of course it wasn't a fair decision, but after our #106 crew informed this team, that other teams are using it, we have decided to use this aswell.

Race 1: #81 Black Hawk Racing: 1 lap penalty

As i mentioned already, we didn't know about this bug in race 1. We didn't forego to change tyres in our 7th stop (the penultimate stop) in order to exploit this bug. It was a strategic move!
Kevin was on his 3rd stint and we have decided to put a fresh driver (Sascha) into the car. As you maybe remember there was a slight chance of rain for the last part of the race, therefore we have decided to continue with the used tyres of Kevin in order to save an additional tyre change (change to rain tyres if it would have started to rain). It was a risky move, but we were running 1 lap behind P2 and 1 lap in front of P4. So that was a kind of gamble to gain something...

You need another proof: We haven't used this bug in the 2nd race at NOLA! Yeah, we could have used it because of the obersations of our #106, but we have decided not to use it!

We are very sorry for getting involved into this big topic! We are normally not a team which is using glitches trying to beat other teams. I think we have already proved several times about our ability to compete against the best! I will take the full responsibility for the behaviour from a couple of our drivers!

Just to add something considering fairness. A couple of hours ago, we have informed Jimmy about a simple mistake for our #106 Black Hawk Racing result at NOLA. According to the result file we were still listed as P5, but in real we have to be P10. Jimmy corrected this stuff in the results and the standings!

To anticipate something: Our VLMS entry have used this bug also in the 2nd VLMS race. Again, i have to apologize for this. We have had a team meeting where we have discussed a lot about this topic. We are deply sorry for that and it won't happen again! From our point of view these penalties for our cars are completely fair!

I hope i have made our point very clear. Let's have great, fair and hopefully less bug affected races for the rest of the VEC/VLMS season.

Greetings Alex

Last edited:

Cosimo Streppone

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Just to change the topic a bit, wanted to say I really enjoyed the race at Nola in Division 3, solid and clean driving by all teams.
It went well for our SimHQ Motorsports #220. We managed to get on the podium again.
Congratulations to Flag-to-Flag and Gaming Events for their well deserved 1st and 2nd position.
Bad luck for PT-Sims this time around. We'll see you all on track in Brazil.

Daniele Vidimari

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
...and to stay in topic with Cosimo, we, #381 Scuderie Giantruck, also had a really good race in D4, full of action and drama. There was a nice battle for P1-2-3-4-5 in the first couple of hours, untill sadly, our competitors DriveGameSeat Racing Team had a connection lost or a game crash i think. Such a shame, we were looking forward to extend the battle for the whole race.
At one point we were catching the Breslin Motorsport car for P1, 4 seconds behind them, a great stint for Alessio. But then a mistake has sent him into the wall with 180 seconds of repair time and in P6. "Luckily" it was the last pitstop, so we were still in charge to gain some lost positions. Amazing defence in the last laps, P3 at the end at the photofinish with the #353 RacingClub Endurance Team.
P2 after the driver swap/tires change review.

Adrian Subiela

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
are cuts removed after a driver swap? Just to know if we can use this loophole or not.
are damage removed after a driver swap? Just to know if we can use this loophole or not. In case of NO, the one who crashed the car should end the race? maybe he has to be 23 hour driving.
If we do a set up in an illogical way and it works, should we communicate it?
Just let us know..

Last edited:
are cuts removed after a driver swap? Just to know if we can use this loophole or not.
are damage removed after a driver swap? Just to know if we can use this loophole or not. In case of NO, the one who crashed the car should end the race? maybe he has to be 23 hour driving.
Just let us know..
Obviously we are not going to enforce the swap vs damage since we dont want to force a driver to exceed the 70% rule.
Cut warnings resets yes, for now.

Lars Jeppesen

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Driver swap and damage bug?

I apologise as I'm obviously naive and very new to rf2....what is the above 'bug' and are there any other anomolies that i should be aware of that don't quite match the real world? All I'm looking for is an even playing field.

Tiziano Brioni

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass

I apologise as I'm obviously naive and very new to rf2....what is the above 'bug' and are there any other anomolies that i should be aware of that don't quite match the real world? All I'm looking for is an even playing field.
Basically they talk about superficial damange of chassis,that don't influence performances,so I don't consider it a bug.....just a way to clean car status by the game.For example my team mate damanged a little bit front suspension so,when I take the car,that kind of damage remained while "false damanges" disappeared

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass

You'll find if you crash a car bad enough, even after doing a repair all, the car will still be much slower down the straights, only way to fix this is to do a driver swap.

The other one is penalties, if a driver gets 2 cuts and then does a driver swap, the cuts will be reset.

Word of warning with that one, if any penalties are actually given and instead of serving them a driver swap is performed, yes the penalties will be wiped but once the car finishes the race it will be penalized a full lap and if another car is then within 30 seconds after that lap is added, a further 30 seconds will be added to the car. Saw one team severely impacted by this past year at le mans.

So make sure all penalties are served before driver swaps.

Theo Badry

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
You'll find if you crash a car bad enough, even after doing a repair all, the car will still be much slower down the straights, only way to fix this is to do a driver swap.

The other one is penalties, if a driver gets 2 cuts and then does a driver swap, the cuts will be reset.

Word of warning with that one, if any penalties are actually given and instead of serving them a driver swap is performed, yes the penalties will be wiped but once the car finishes the race it will be penalized a full lap and if another car is then within 30 seconds after that lap is added, a further 30 seconds will be added to the car. Saw one team severely impacted by this past year at le mans.

Thanks a lot for that information, but how can you serve a penalty when the game has give you only two warnings before the driver swap ?

Martin Brault

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
If you received only two warnings, you don't have any penalty to serve. And warnings are reset with the driver swap.

Shane Chancellor

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass

I'm assuming that's for drive throughs, i got my 3rd cut due to car damage and did the stop and go at the same time as our pit/driver swap..added 10 seconds to the stop from memory.

Oli McGown

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I'm assuming that's for drive throughs, i got my 3rd cut due to car damage and did the stop and go at the same time as our pit/driver swap..added 10 seconds to the stop from memory.
That's presumably because you had selected to do the stop/go in your pit menu before the stop. In theory, if you had opted NOT to do the stop/go, it would have disappeared anyway without actually serving it - but then the extra penalty would have been applied post-race as Shawn describes.