What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 1 - Montreal

Wow, what a season starter! First of all many thanks to @Florian Koetz for the quick support before the race. During the qualifying @Jan Studenski, @Simon David Scott and I found out that every time a message popped up the chat, there was a chance our game crashes. Jan wrote, for testing, something into the chat and as soon as he pressed "Enter" both of us had a game crash. This happened like 4-5 times; I logged the crashes.

Then Florian advised me to disable the chat in the multiplayer.ini. I did that and also changed the car from 2012 to 2013 specs. After that, I had no more game crashes, really really weird I can tell you...

Now to the race! I qualified P17 which was good besides the fact that I had no practice because of my game crashing issues. Especially the dry line in the rain conditions was something completely new to me. Braking 5cm on the wet track and your car would go crazy! Because of that, I earned three cut tracks which resulted in a 10sec stop & go penalty. I worked my way up and ended actually on P6 behind my buddy @Mohammed el Gueriri!

I need to apologize to @Sergio Mambretti for the contact at the hairpin (Lap 3), that was completely my fault! Another big mistake by me was this situation here:

I am not sure why I did that, definitely a big sorry to @Roman Prikryl. You braked quite early, and my instinct was faster than my brain, and I did the overtake under the code 80 (Lap 26). I gave on the following lap the position back. This was an idiotic move, and if that means I receive a penalty for the next race, I am accepting it to 100%. Once again sorry :(

All in all a very nice race, my first rFactor2 online race at all. Thanks :)

Last edited:
I had a couple of screen-freezes when people left the server. I got most of those when entering the chicane. Was very lucky that I didn't crash during one of those.

Also when a freeze happened my picture was changed to the loadingscreen. I use VR, so could have something to do with it..

First of all apologies for my technical issues. When I started teamspeak tonight, it had changed devices and after changing it back to correct mic, the soundpack volume settings went to defaults. This meant I could not hear at all what race control was saying and that in turn led to a couple of incidents. After I completely missed the full course yellow call the first time, I returned the position I gained and felt obligated to say sorry (in chat) to the driver and race control (yes I realize it was against the rules). My drive thru was again me not really hearing race control about another full course yellow. The issue should be fixed now and I'm going to check the settings every time use it from now on. It won't happen again. So again, I apologize.

Congrats to the Rudy (untouchable tonight) and Martin for podium finishes and also to everybody who managed to finish. I was unfortunate with the cuts early on as I got really odd warnings. The too strict detection meant I had 2 warnings (not warranted imo) and had to drive super cautiously for most of the race. I did however enjoy the drying conditions immensely. This was my first wet race in rf2 and even though the tires were utter crap in full wet the drying conditions were really enjoyable...if only I hadn't had those warnings and that drive thru and... anyways, all in all it was actually a good race and I am much wiser about the rules and conditions now.

Very hard racing, started with rain, many stop and go caused by mistakes. Unfortunately I also found a driver that lag very and i lost lot of time. The conditions improved a lot during the race and I could push well. This sixth place counts gold considering that I did four pit stop. Next time, full gasss!

Not including some issues race was fun, and I definitely did not expect to have that kind of pace in the rain (final result sadly ruined by other factors).

Here is my start of the race, I guess most of the field started on slicks :p

What a terrible first race for me. The sun was shining just before race start, so I quickly switched to slicks...big mistake... I was getting my pit ready for right after green, but unfortunately didn't get to do that pit stop...due to a too heavy right foot on green...what a noob mistake...very embarrassing. My apologies. I didn't have proper rain preparation due to not being sure if I was going to race or not. next time I will be better prepared.

Just a quick question, does it always rain at some point during a race on RF2?

What a terrible first race for me. The sun was shining just before race start, so I quickly switched to slicks...big mistake... I was getting my pit ready for right after green, but unfortunately didn't get to do that pit stop...due to a too heavy right foot on green...what a noob mistake...very embarrassing. My apologies. I didn't have proper rain preparation due to not being sure if I was going to race or not. next time I will be better prepared.

Just a quick question, does it always rain at some point during a race on RF2?
No, it rains whenever its raining on the real race track.
We are using live weather, which calls the weather station closest to the track we are using.

However during countdown it will not, as there is no session in progress. If it was raining before the race (warmup) then chances are it will continue to do so.

adding to that: But even if it's not raining at the start of the race the track will still be wet from earlier.

And the first rule of wet weather driving is: Always be on the tyre that is good now. Even if it stopped raining the track needs a few laps to properly dry out. Never even think about dries then. You can't afford to be on slick tyres in wet conditions.
And switching to Slick should only be done if you can consistently stay on the dry part of the track. If the dry line is only as wide as your car then even with dry tyres you will always touch the wet part and you will likely crash.

FYI Most front runners never even changed to slicks yesterday on server 1 afaik

adding to that: But even if it's not raining at the start of the race the track will still be wet from earlier.

And the first rule of wet weather driving is: Always be on the tyre that is good now. Even if it stopped raining the track needs a few laps to properly dry out. Never even think about dries then. You can't afford to be on slick tyres in wet conditions.
And switching to Slick should only be done if you can consistently stay on the dry part of the track. If the dry line is only as wide as your car then even with dry tyres you will always touch the wet part and you will likely crash.

Yes, the more up front you are the more you want to be on the tyres that match the conditions. And the more back you are the more risks you can/should take on strategy. I mean, as a rule of thumb of course.

And "a few laps" isn't 2-3 laps, it's more than that. It also depends on the type and amount of cars and air temp and track temp how quickly it will dry out.

On S2 front runners switched to dries halfway when they probably planned to pit anyway. I had fuel to go longer, but was considering slicks a lot earlier. But I also didn't want to stop a second time for fuel.

Obviously I screwed everything up, but that was the plan :D

I started on wets and changed to slicks as soon as the dry line got properly dry. As you stated: the front runners pitted quite late to switch from wets to dry tires.

Hi all,

i have little question. first of all it was great to race here, i have not mutch expriance with R factor 2 but a good warm up ;-).
During the race i hit the wall, and lost my front tyre ( shit happens ) I go to the pit, damage 173 sec ( damm ) I go back on track,
and the car drives very bad ( steering weel 45c ) And again in the pits, 337 sec damage ). I find that very strange to have 2 time
damage, i din't hit the space bar in the pits. Anyone know the answer for this ?

And my second thing is when i'am in R Factor, and i wanne go to teamspeak my game in not responding and i hear manny
people have this problem. I don't know if there is a sollution for this. See you all in the second race :D

Grtz Frans-Jan Romme