What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 1 - 4 hours of Silverstone

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison Hopefully you picked up on my previous comment.

According to the server results Ramada managed to use 4 drivers and only complete 2 pitstops (2 pitstops for some others too).

I am not accusing anyone of foul play, more highlighting a potential issue.
Obviously there is no chance that can be done, so yes, as Dom posts its probably an issue in the results and no i wont review that, probably some lost line somewhere when i cleaned up the 5-6-7 mb file with whatever incidents with cones, immovable, best sector 1, 2, 3 and so on, dont ask me why its that big - but it is.

Cameron Rodger

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Its always nice to start the season with a win, we had great pace today but sadly got stuck for the first half of the race as the dirty air is quite alot and traffic wasn't easy, then we got given damage.
But our strategy paid off and we got the win to start S12! Close fight with Rookie Monsters, Drillers and Madness. So hopefully a nice season to come.

Sadly the driving standards for all involved were not the best, hopefully we can all improve for R2 in Div 2

This was our 3rd win in 3 years at Silverstone, must be something about this track :sneaky:

Good job, @Peter Schulze @Alistair Long :cool: Petervanegmond.nl Photography

Screenshot_151a.png

Last edited:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Still don't quite understand why the FTF car is div 2 :cautious:
Glad you didn’t do the divisions then.
not everyone can be in D1,cars needs to be equal, classes needs to be equal and finally teams needs to fight - not on words but on track and have fun.
but that car was in consideration for d1 just like your GTE car was so very close on being moved to d2 by preseason results.
But past results on both made the final call.

Kalle Kouri

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Howdy!

Just a quick report of our race in #9 Ajira Racing LMHC. Arne lost pole by 20 thousands of a second to Erhan who sealed it in the very last moment. Arne and Marcell fought hard during first two stints. First Marcell was able to pass Arne in heavy traffic. During the second stint LMP2 went off and Vetteled back dangerously into racing line causing Marcell to hit him directly and wrecking the car. After that Arne was able to keep the 12 sec gap towards Erhan until driver swap. We stopped couple of laps earlier and took less fuel which helped me catch Risto who got car from Erhan. After pushing hard for some laps Risto went side-by-side into Copse with GTE. I was following close and was able to take advantage with better exit speed ending up passing him into Maggots. Unfortunately we didn't see this in live feed as it ended up being crucial moment for race victory so had to make my own:

TV cam (3 mins)

In-car #9 Ajira Racing (long 9 minute version starting from Risto coming out of pits)

In-car #7 Triple A Esports (3 mins)

Feels less appealing as there's no commentary which by the way was excellent in live feed! Really great stuff with replays, commentators, etc. Also not a single issue with race server from our point of view. This series is so well organized - top notch quality!

After passing Risto was able to build needed gap so could keep the lead after they did their final stop. In the end Dennis Jordan was able to get close with their amazing fuel and tire saving strategy but they ran out of laps. And they also ran out of fuel after final lap so in the end thread wasn't as severe as it looked like. Also lost many seconds near the end because of bad luck (timing) with GTE traffic and then of course taking it easy after saw clock went down to zero. But yeah it looked pretty dramatic in the live feed and must have been nerve-cracking for my teammates too! :lol: :Laugh: Awesome stuff 3 teams were under 5 seconds in the end - all 3 teams in different strategies.

All in all amazing race and honestly bit surprised we were able to win this one. After all this is our first season and first real race in fastest class. On the other hand driving isn't that much different compared to GTE. You're just as close to the limit as with slower class car - it's just everything happens faster. Oh and traffic, my GOD. Already having nightmares about forthcoming 6 hours of Portland. Now with 20 GTEs on a relatively short track there's basically no time to rest. GTEs keep coming in a continuous flow and traffic must be handled efficiently but at the same time not taking too much risks. I know (from personal experience :D) you GTE guys think we faster class drivers are nothing but selfish dicks but it's also very true we lose heaps of time if not make use of every feasible opportunity. It's just we need co-operation from both sides. No crazy late divebombing from our side. GTEs sacrificing their best racing line when we're able to make the move in time (we also sacrifice our best lines there and lose time as well). That said didn't have single incident in race with GTEs. Everyone was driving predictably and giving enough room when needed. Pro stuff. Except A.... (Sorry i can't express myself in an adult way, so sometimes I use swearing - but luckily the forum corrects me)-pounded James in hairpin. (n) :thumbsdown: Very sorry for that as I was misjudging car length and speed there. Hopefully no damage to your car (did get minor damage to ours).

Hopefully we can put up shows as good as this in forthcoming races too. CU in track!

Dmitri Buksha

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Howdy!

Just a quick report of our race in #9 Ajira Racing LMHC. Arne lost pole by 20 thousands of a second to Erhan who sealed it in the very last moment. Arne and Marcell fought hard during first two stints. First Marcell was able to pass Arne in heavy traffic. During the second stint LMP2 went off and Vetteled back dangerously into racing line causing Marcell to hit him directly and wrecking the car. After that Arne was able to keep the 12 sec gap towards Erhan until driver swap. We stopped couple of laps earlier and took less fuel which helped me catch Risto who got car from Erhan. After pushing hard for some laps Risto went side-by-side into Copse with GTE. I was following close and was able to take advantage with better exit speed ending up passing him into Maggots. Unfortunately we didn't see this in live feed as it ended up being crucial moment for race victory so had to make my own:

TV cam (3 mins)

In-car #9 Ajira Racing (long 9 minute version starting from Risto coming out of pits)

In-car #7 Triple A Esports (3 mins)

Feels less appealing as there's no commentary which by the way was excellent in live feed! Really great stuff with replays, commentators, etc. Also not a single issue with race server from our point of view. This series is so well organized - top notch quality!

After passing Risto was able to build needed gap so could keep the lead after they did their final stop. In the end Dennis Jordan was able to get close with their amazing fuel and tire saving strategy but they ran out of laps. And they also ran out of fuel after final lap so in the end thread wasn't as severe as it looked like. Also lost many seconds near the end because of bad luck (timing) with GTE traffic and then of course taking it easy after saw clock went down to zero. But yeah it looked pretty dramatic in the live feed and must have been nerve-cracking for my teammates too! :lol: :Laugh: Awesome stuff 3 teams were under 5 seconds in the end - all 3 teams in different strategies.

All in all amazing race and honestly bit surprised we were able to win this one. After all this is our first season and first real race in fastest class. On the other hand driving isn't that much different compared to GTE. You're just as close to the limit as with slower class car - it's just everything happens faster. Oh and traffic, my GOD. Already having nightmares about forthcoming 6 hours of Portland. Now with 20 GTEs on a relatively short track there's basically no time to rest. GTEs keep coming in a continuous flow and traffic must be handled efficiently but at the same time not taking too much risks. I know (from personal experience :D) you GTE guys think we faster class drivers are nothing but selfish dicks but it's also very true we lose heaps of time if not make use of every feasible opportunity. It's just we need co-operation from both sides. No crazy late divebombing from our side. GTEs sacrificing their best racing line when we're able to make the move in time (we also sacrifice our best lines there and lose time as well). That said didn't have single incident in race with GTEs. Everyone was driving predictably and giving enough room when needed. Pro stuff. Except A.... (Sorry i can't express myself in an adult way, so sometimes I use swearing - but luckily the forum corrects me)-pounded James in hairpin. (n) :thumbsdown: Very sorry for that as I was misjudging car length and speed there. Hopefully no damage to your car (did get minor damage to ours).

Hopefully we can put up shows as good as this in forthcoming races too. CU in track!
Wow
What steering angles do you use ? Because that onboard looks insane, almost like AI driving the car)) so smooth and little steering inputs thats impressive.

Kalle Kouri

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Wow
What steering angles do you use ? Because that onboard looks insane, almost like AI driving the car)) so smooth and little steering inputs thats impressive.
Thanks! I think I'm using default angle as haven't touched steering settings for Senna. Maximum lock in garage setup though. My wheel is very old and worn Fanatec CSW (first version from 2013 I think) but today received brand new Fanatec DD2. Interesting to see how much slower it will make me... :cautious::x3::lol: :Laugh: