What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 1 - 1000 miles of Indianapolis

But pushing the brake is unnatural. The driver tries to save the car from skidding in the given situation. Do not push brake and wait. Thats my POV. If you have contact with other car, you pushed from side or rear, you do not expect it and only saving the car at the moment... not braking.
Well you are allowed to have your POV, but you will get blaimed for not doing it. So i really dont care what you think is right or wrong, as posted - i have not seen one incident where not locking brakes would have had a better outcome than locking your brakes.
You cant convince me of anything else, so you are wasting your breath/keyboard in posting this.
Just because one driver got a warning a posts now its all of a sudden an issue - come on, you have already seen the rules and we have warned drivers for several season for this.

While 1 is true, it does safe you from 20-30 reports at once.

As for 2 I would suggest allowing only team managers to post. I already have this habit in my team, where the guys point out laps and I check them in the replay before deciding whether or not it may be worth the trouble. That means for two entries you only see reports from me and possible less in total than when all drivers would post individually.
Yeah that is what im thinking. But yeah then you have 2 cars as a manager and cant post more than something x amount which is the same as if you have 1 car.
We will consider what to do

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
But pushing the brake is unnatural. The driver tries to save the car from skidding in the given situation. Do not push brake and wait. Thats my POV. If you have contact with other car, you pushed from side or rear, you do not expect it and only saving the car at the moment... not braking.
While I agree that immediately locking your brakes is unnatural, every driver feels and then knows (naturally, if you will) the point where the car goes beyond control. This is where you lock brakes. It makes the situation more predictable for others and prevents cases where a driver swerves left and right for seconds on end hoping to get the car back, but crashing anyway in the end. Moreover, locking brakes is a learnable habit - an instinct you can develop just by doing it on a number of occasions in practice, when you try to find the limits and fail. If you lock the brakes then, you will automatically do it in the race as well.

Yeah that is what im thinking. But yeah then you have 2 cars as a manager and cant post more than something x amount which is the same as if you have 1 car.
We will consider what to do
You could set the tokens per car instead of per manager.

While I agree that immediately locking your brakes is unnatural, every driver feels and then knows (naturally, if you will) the point where the car goes beyond control. This is where you lock brakes. It makes the situation more predictable for others and prevents cases where a driver swerves left and right for seconds on end hoping to get the car back, but crashing anyway in the end. Moreover, locking brakes is a learnable habit - an instinct you can develop just by doing it on a number of occasions in practice, when you try to find the limits and fail. If you lock the brakes then, you will automatically do it in the race as well.

You could set the tokens per car instead of per manager.
Not in the plugin no

Dennis Lind

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Okay, I accept that it’s a final decision, but your decision is wrong, sorry.

yes this is a DT.

Zdenek Smarda

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Well you are allowed to have your POV, but you will get blaimed for not doing it. So i really dont care what you think is right or wrong, as posted - i have not seen one incident where not locking brakes would have had a better outcome than locking your brakes.
You cant convince me of anything else, so you are wasting your breath/keyboard in posting this.
Just because one driver got a warning a posts now its all of a sudden an issue - come on, you have already seen the rules and we have warned drivers for several season for this.
I do not resist the rule - the rules must be followed. I'm just saying what's the instinct of the driver at the moment when something hit him.

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
The way I have always reviewed the races from our cars is looking at an incident and seeing if I could have done better in that situation. Could I have avoided the incident with a little more patience, awareness or whatever.
If not - Ill submit an IRR

If everyone does this, we should hopefully see less submissions and see drivers get better so we have less incidents on track as well.

Hany Alsabti

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass

yes this is a DT.
2 things are clear in this video;

1. Matteo on new tires is faster than Adam when there is no traffic.

2. Adam is clearly faster in traffic.

Matteo had enough time to unlap himself and drive away from adam but somehow he didnt find a way to clear the traffic faster. Most of it was just waiting too long behind gte cars while others overtook them on the outside.

yes this is a DT.
You do not need to put a video up with 2½ laps, he is not penalized for that.
Last period of the lap he receives the blue flag for more than 4 corners, thats where it is trickered - not the 2 laps before that. This was a close call, but stewards that reviewed this were voting for a penalty and not for NFA. But it is what it is, this will be my final words about steward reviews. However we do not take 9 1/4 hours of racing into account and watch for every single little thing, such as unlapping 5 laps before this, we cant do that with the amount of incidents posted. Its not perfect, but its better than not doing it at all.
Obviously when getting a warning, penalty or whatever you usually dont agree - and that is fine. But understand how this works - its not a democracy and if you are not a stewards you have 0 (zero, nada) say in any incident reviews at all.

If you wish to continue talking about specific incidents i suggest you contact the other guy in the incident - that way you might both learn something :D (not meant for anyone specific).

Cameron Rodger

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@admin, can i just clarify what a warning means?
does it mean next time you get a more harsh penalty? or what exactly

Dennis Lind

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
2 things are clear in this video;

1. Matteo on new tires is faster than Adam when there is no traffic.

2. Adam is clearly faster in traffic.

Matteo had enough time to unlap himself and drive away from adam but somehow he didnt find a way to clear the traffic faster. Most of it was just waiting too long behind gte cars while others overtook them on the outside.
I agree to all of this, but I am sure as an experienced racer as you are, you would know that you sometimes just can’t catch a break with the traffic.
We agree on the fact that Adam was better through traffic, but honestly, it really didn’t seem like you were getting slowed down... I just think it’s very harsh to get a drive through for racing, no one crashed, you surely didn’t loose 30-or so seconds and you got by in the end...
Oh well, we know how to work for the future then ;-)
You do not need to put a video up with 2½ laps, he is not penalized for that.
Maybe you didnt watch the same video but I have 12+ laps......

Whatever, our race was ruined by the car that will most likely ruin for the next one, thankfully their penalty is harsher, we hope they learn.

Last edited:

Matthieu Decrop

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
@Claus Krogsgaard
Hi. I am so sorry, but I had a really bad lag incident just before cornor 6. My screen froze for about 4-5 seconds, and when it unfroze, I was on top of one the leading LMP2. I am so sorry for whomever it was that I hit. Strange how you can be without any cars around you, and then after a freeze you are basically in a crash????
Sorry
Good afternoon @Claus Krogsgaard. Next time check you internet connection buddy. If it happens again i report it. You screwed our race there. We did not put IRR even though, what you did for less damages than we got. Watch around you on track guys.

Morten Faarup

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
While 1 is true, it does safe you from 20-30 reports at once.

As for 2 I would suggest allowing only team managers to post. I already have this habit in my team, where the guys point out laps and I check them in the replay before deciding whether or not it may be worth the trouble. That means for two entries you only see reports from me and possible less in total than when all drivers would post individually.
We use a similar system on our team.
The benefit is that the incident will be review by several drivers on the team before actually submitting anything. This usually means that we get a possitive respons, allthough situations can always be percepted differently depending on the standpoint.
I definately second that IRR's should be posted by the managers and that it should be the managers job to ensure they are posted correct.

Morten Faarup

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
@Claus Krogsgaard

Good afternoon @Claus Krogsgaard. Next time check you internet connection buddy. If it happens again i report it. You screwed our race there. We did not put IRR even though, what you did for less damages than we got. Watch around you on track guys.
No need for this post...
We submitted an irr because we thought there was an issue to be evaluated by the stewards. It turned out stewards saw it the same way. End of story..
No need to start pointing out anything, just move on an take notice of the steward comments. If you did what was expected by most drivers, you would not have had a penalty.

Last edited:

Bas Zwartenbol

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Start charging money for every IRR that comes your way. atleast than you can get some nice cheese with the whine ;)

@admin, can i just clarify what a warning means?
does it mean next time you get a more harsh penalty? or what exactly
No it simply means:
13.2.2 Warning – a driver needs to be warned of an action that caused problems, but it does not warrant a penalty.

Start charging money for every IRR that comes your way. atleast than you can get some nice cheese with the whine ;)
Actually one thing to consider is making x amount free and if you want more it costs. But again i´d very much encourage teams to submit IRR´s it just dont have to be for every little thing

Henning Wollert

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
... But again i´d very much encourage teams to submit IRR´s it just dont have to be for every little thing
That sums it up perfectly.

8939 - Entering T9, H Wollert dives to the inside of "X Xxxxxxx", who is forced to run the outside line until Wollert is past.
Racing Incident

This has been my favorit IR of the season so far. o_O