What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 1 - 1000 miles of Indianapolis

Riccardo Alitta

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
14058 - R Alina comes out of the pits, turns left to cut Turn 1, spins on the grass and rejoins dangerously, making contact with J Studenski.
Penalty - R Alina - UTR; DT

First , R Alina Does not drive for car 310 :) My name is R Alitta not R Alina

I might have something to say about this penalty, I was coming out of the pits, brake gently and the car went sideways, over the grass and could not stop it, I was a passenger without control. If you kindly check my replay from the car you see I am braking and trying to stop the car. I DID NOT rejoin the race dangerously, I was not controlling the car, which is very different, not done on purpose or trying something funny. I do not think to deserve it. It was not done intentionally, I did not make contact with the other car, I was stationary in the middle of the track waiting for the cars to pass, one avoided me, the other did not, hit me, and very sorry. If I moved probably was going to be worst.
Thanks

Dennis Lind

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
12419 - After several laps of receiving multiple blue flags (which he was able to pull away from) from A Taylor, M Caruso finally surrenders the position on lap 150 in T8.
Penalty - M Caruso - IBF: DT
Whilst I can agree to the fact that we have to yield to blue flags at all times, I have to disagree with this penalty.

M Caruso(from now on Matteo) Was unlapping himself from A Taylor(now Adam) for obvious reasons, he then caught traffic (GTE or LMP3) and this held both cars up.
I think this decision needs a review, as it is under my impression that we were not hindering the success of another car, as we were trying to catch back up.

I have a very clear fast forwarded video of this, if you want it.

Last edited:

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I'm not sure if it's common practice for steward decisions to be challenged publicly (or at all), but if it is, may I suggest to do so through Contact Staff?

Also, how on earth do people submit 20-30 IRRs? I can imagine being in a hairy situation or two, but twenty or thirty? I would think at some point you realize you are the only constant factor in those incidents...

Nick Newcombe

VEC Division 3
Broadcast team
SRC Season pass
I'm not sure if it's common practice for steward decisions to be challenged publicly (or at all), but if it is, may I suggest to do so through Contact Staff?

Also, how on earth do people submit 20-30 IRRs? I can imagine being in a hairy situation or two, but twenty or thirty? I would think at some point you realize you are the only constant factor in those incidents...
Spam Bot, blame the Russians or Chinese, seems they getting blamed for virtually everything now :p

As written in the reviews - decisions are final. We have spent a lot oF time reviewing - but feel free to join the stewards if you think they are all wrong.

Christian Michel

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Sorry but, what the hell is Failure to Lock Brakes? Never heard anything stupid like this :rolleyes:
We shouldn't get to a point where it gets ridiculous, it's still simracing Guys.

Furthermore i don't understand why i get a warning for getting wrecked off in Turn1, think i couldn't have done anything differently - and adding to this - no one got held up or whatsoever.
Don't wanna start a discussion, just let you know my thoughts @Jimmi Allison

Sorry but, what the hell is Failure to Lock Brakes? Never heard anything stupid like this :rolleyes:
We shouldn't get to a point where it gets ridiculous, it's still simracing Guys.

Furthermore i don't understand why i get a warning for getting wrecked off in Turn1, think i couldn't have done anything differently - and adding to this - no one got held up or whatsoever.
Don't wanna start a discussion, just let you know my thoughts @Jimmi Allison
Christian, that is some serious BS - sorry to be that frank, but as one of the veterans here you should know this:

5.11 Lock brakes. If a driver spins while on track, they should immediately lock their brakes until completely stopped, (even if still on the track), and hold brakes on until they can assess the situation (wait for a clear opening on track to resume. When a driver doesn’t lock his brakes, the car is prone to spin or roll in a far more unpredictable fashion and likely cause an accident. A driver involved in an incident while spinning on track and not locking their brakes completely will be held responsible for that incident. A spun driver should always turn on their lights as soon as possible after locking their brakes.

We have warned and penalized this many times, yet people seem to not think it is important, when it is actually one of the most important thing to do when in a spin.
Dont worry, while i understand the incidents (and i dont remember yours sorry) are obviously not done on purpose its annoying to get a warning, infraction or penalty. However someone needs to make a decision and the stewards does that.

I´ve already had a few PM´s but the answer is the same - stewards decisions are final

Well said, i actually think i mentioned this - if you keep on getting involved in incidents, you should probably start looking at how you do it yourself.

I am considering how to handle this, either by excluding their rights to submit, limiting it or simple changing the rules completely. However the last one is not optimal, as a lot of teams are fair and consider it before doing an IRR. Is it worth submitting etc.
So if there is a need for x amount of IRR´s then they need to have the option to do it. So it will probably be 1st or 2nd option ;)

Jan Studenski

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Jimmi Allison I can't watch the replay anymore, mod is currently not installed it says.
Question: If someone brakes into Turn 1 and it starts to snap and then locks immediately brakes and then hits somebody during that, is this still avoidable contact, despite no harmful intentions?

@Jimmi Allison I can't watch the replay anymore, mod is currently not installed it says.
Question: If someone brakes into Turn 1 and it starts to snap and then locks immediately brakes and then hits somebody during that, is this still avoidable contact, despite no harmful intentions?
None of the incidents are done with harmful intentions are they? in the past i think we´ve seen 2 and both have had a season ban. Avoidable contact is avoidable contact (which means it could have been avoided).
And you cant watch it because the cars have been updated and mod is not the same anymore.

Linus Lundvall

VLMS
SRC Season pass
DIVISION 1 Incident report

29232 - Exiting T1 on lap 343, M Hoyer gets the blue flag from H Alsabti. Despite several opportunities to lead Alsabti by, Hoyer doesn't yield the position until forced under braking for T1 the following lap.
Penalty - M Hoyer - IBF

Penalty - M Hoyer - IBF
Penalty - #102 - IBF
I am guessing this is also supposed be penatly (drive through)?

Christian Michel

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Christian, that is some serious BS - sorry to be that frank, but as one of the veterans here you should know this:

5.11 Lock brakes. If a driver spins while on track, they should immediately lock their brakes until completely stopped, (even if still on the track), and hold brakes on until they can assess the situation (wait for a clear opening on track to resume. When a driver doesn’t lock his brakes, the car is prone to spin or roll in a far more unpredictable fashion and likely cause an accident. A driver involved in an incident while spinning on track and not locking their brakes completely will be held responsible for that incident. A spun driver should always turn on their lights as soon as possible after locking their brakes.

We have warned and penalized this many times, yet people seem to not think it is important, when it is actually one of the most important thing to do when in a spin.
Dont worry, while i understand the incidents (and i dont remember yours sorry) are obviously not done on purpose its annoying to get a warning, infraction or penalty. However someone needs to make a decision and the stewards does that.

I´ve already had a few PM´s but the answer is the same - stewards decisions are final
I can understand that in terms of reducing the risk for the follwing cars to get involved but we aren't racing for real lifes here, so we shouldn't penalies everything and every little error. I mean therefore we have the Stewards, so they can decide that from Situation to Situation. I don't post that cause i got a warning, i saw that others got real penaltys for that and i don't like this. I haven't rewatched their Situations but im afraid this is going to be a 1 or 0 decision on that "Rule".
/e Also it's not always the best to lock the brakes if you then park on the racing line for example.

I can understand that in terms of reducing the risk for the follwing cars to get involved but we aren't racing for real lifes here, so we shouldn't penalies everything and every little error. I mean therefore we have the Stewards, so they can decide that from Situation to Situation. I don't post that cause i got a warning, i saw that others got real penaltys for that and i don't like this. I haven't rewatched their Situations but im afraid this is going to be a 1 or 0 decision on that "Rule".
/e Also it's not always the best to lock the brakes if you then park on the racing line for example.
Since its a rule its best to do it, remember Christian we´ve done this for a while and we´ve seen many incidents where people have failed to lock brakes and things happened.
We want to have clean racing and to accomplish that we need rules, and if people want to race here (and avoid any WA, IF or penalties) they need to follow these rules - its as simple as that.

Stewards are reviewing incidents - if we find a driver not complaying with the rules they are going to either have a warning, infraction or a penalty - simple as that. Follow the rules, i have not seen ONE incident where NOT locking your brakes would have had a better outcome than locking your brakes.

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I am considering how to handle this, either by excluding their rights to submit, limiting it or simple changing the rules completely. However the last one is not optimal, as a lot of teams are fair and consider it before doing an IRR. Is it worth submitting etc.
So if there is a need for x amount of IRR´s then they need to have the option to do it. So it will probably be 1st or 2nd option ;)
If I may suggest: a mechanism used both in real life and online racing leagues is the use of tokens or charges. Each team gets a set number of them to spend on IRRs throughout the season. If the report is deemed sound the token/charge gets returned and can be used again. If the report is deemed invalid it remains spent. Using a set amount of tokens/charges will also limit the number of IRRs a team can send in.

If I may suggest: a mechanism used both in real life and online racing leagues is the use of tokens or charges. Each team gets a set number of them to spend on IRRs throughout the season. If the report is deemed sound the token/charge gets returned and can be used again. If the report is deemed invalid it remains spent. Using a set amount of tokens/charges will also limit the number of IRRs a team can send in.
Yeah, but that would mean we need to:
1. Count each and every incident per car/team
2. Make sure its the same guy posting the IRR´s because that could be limited by the actual plugin where you put in the IRR
But well i´ll discuss this with stewards

Zdenek Smarda

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Since its a rule its best to do it, remember Christian we´ve done this for a while and we´ve seen many incidents where people have failed to lock brakes and things happened.
We want to have clean racing and to accomplish that we need rules, and if people want to race here (and avoid any WA, IF or penalties) they need to follow these rules - its as simple as that.

Stewards are reviewing incidents - if we find a driver not complaying with the rules they are going to either have a warning, infraction or a penalty - simple as that. Follow the rules, i have not seen ONE incident where NOT locking your brakes would have had a better outcome than locking your brakes.

But pushing the brake is unnatural. The driver tries to save the car from skidding in the given situation. Do not push brake and wait. Thats my POV. If you have contact with other car, you pushed from side or rear, you do not expect it and only saving the car at the moment... not braking.

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Yeah, but that would mean we need to:
1. Count each and every incident per car/team
2. Make sure its the same guy posting the IRR´s because that could be limited by the actual plugin where you put in the IRR
But well i´ll discuss this with stewards
While 1 is true, it does safe you from 20-30 reports at once.

As for 2 I would suggest allowing only team managers to post. I already have this habit in my team, where the guys point out laps and I check them in the replay before deciding whether or not it may be worth the trouble. That means for two entries you only see reports from me and possible less in total than when all drivers would post individually.