What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 1 - 1000 miles of Indianapolis

Martin Dyrlund

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I dont know if vHud is safer, but it looks more simple and not a hud from the eightees. And yes it is a plugin and only works in DX9. I think that those with stutters should try my recommendation with 180-181 FPS and see if it runs smooth. Yes, Marcel says GFX and physics calculations does not affect eachother, but i must admit the game runs much nicer at 180 FPS compared to 120... Again, no stutter and tearing.

Per Oqvist

Reaction score
@Marcel Offermans , as we are already slightly offtopic deepdiving into rf2 performance here I might ask as well.

What is most likely bottleneck to cause rf2 in VR to show the "rf2 is loading vr content" display during a race?
I would not consider it exactly stuttering, but failing to have a visible track for a second or two did nonetheless briefly send me off track last night. Quite a scary moment and glad nobody was around me at the time (as far as I was aware), sustained no damage so lucky me. But had an almost identical experience in the pre season race @estoril. Already down drilled all quality settings that have been discussed in the various VR topics. So am wondering what else I could try to improve.

Even with the potential issue in the back of my mind I thoroughly enjoy rf2 in VR and would not do without it anymore, so thanks for making it possible :)
Be careful that you don't connect your sensors an rift to the same usb ports. You can run out of bandwith . Also some usb controllers don't like the rift. And be sure your arm movement don't block the sensors. Beside that it might just be a cable issue be sure to not run extensions if you can avoid it.

Gabriel Rossouw

Reaction score
It was extremely unfortunate to have our race end 15 laps in through no fault of our own. I was a fair distance behind Manuel, but the lag teleported his car into mine near instantly, nothing I could do to avoid it. We had good pace, a great stable setup and looking forward to a possible win. Alas, the result will show DNF.

On a lighter note, our race strategy was to climb the leader-board horizontally, but ended up in a vertical ascend... o_O
upload_2017-10-9_9-22-24.png

Lukas Wirtz

Reaction score
hmm, it works flawlessly on DX11 for me. And I am pretty sure it ain't a plug in in that sense as it does indeed work on screen, at least for some it seems. Did not know that others had issues running it in DX11.

Edit:
got confused with some names, sorry wedgeHUD and SMG HUD Pack work well, osrry for the confusion.

Manuel Marsili

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Ye
It was extremely unfortunate to have our race end 15 laps in through no fault of our own. I was a fair distance behind Manuel, but the lag teleported his car into mine near instantly, nothing I could do to avoid it. We had good pace, a great stable setup and looking forward to a possible win. Alas, the result will show DNF.

On a lighter note, our race strategy was to climb the leader-board horizontally, but ended up in a vertical ascend... o_O
View attachment 4121
Yep, again apologize gor that. My PC betrayed me, race ruined for us aswell, we got final 6th place, but we had also a great car and pace. Car itself was even better on race setup than what it was in qualify setup. The stutters were slowing my pace by at least half a second per lap, along with making me lose 3-4 seconds for lapping GTs (reason why you catched me). I was on medium tires, getting advantage of not changing them on pits.

Ger Peeters

Reaction score
Be careful that you don't connect your sensors an rift to the same usb ports. You can run out of bandwith . Also some usb controllers don't like the rift. And be sure your arm movement don't block the sensors. Beside that it might just be a cable issue be sure to not run extensions if you can avoid it.
Thanks for usb pointer, will definitely check/experiment. Sensor has free view on the headset without anything that could possibly block, so not the issue.

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Thanks for usb pointer, will definitely check/experiment. Sensor has free view on the headset without anything that could possibly block, so not the issue.
Ger,

I was having similar issues like you described, but in games like PCARS. While driving one Sensor would disconnect and reconnect.
I reconnected all my 3 Rift sensors to seperate USB hubs, where I didn't had done that earlier. 1 on USB 2.0 (Rear Sensor), 1 on USB 3.0 (Left Front Sensor) and 1 on USB 3.1 (Right Front Sensor). Don't have the issue of a disconnecting Rift Sensor anymore.

As you said as long as the Rift is in clear contact with at least 1 sensor, you should've any tracking issues. It works pretty good as I can turn 360 degrees with the 3 sensors and never had any tracking issues.

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Wow great event! :thumbsup: (y)
From our point of view Division 2 drivers behaved really good, P1 and P2 had the right attitude, I think I hadn't any contact with any prototype...that's crucial for having fun toghether for the rest of the season! In the end most of the big crashes I saw was caused by a lag.

The fight in the GT class was close, many teams had similar pace so everything was possibile till the end, we finished 2nd and this is a great result (finally), I'm afraid some teams soffered a crash from a lag/teleporting car, in my first stint I noticed a teleported car on the main straight too, I was lucky he appeared 5 meters in front of me and not inside my car.

Nicola was unable to partecipate because his connection was instable already in the days before the event, Johnnj was unavailble this weekend, after my stints when we decided to do our first swap, Gabriele had that Steam connection error you were talking here in the forum, finally the game started ...then when we were ready for the last swap he lost the connection :eek:, but he came back after some minutes of drama and we finished it!

I changed my pc, I7 7700k and 1080gfx, no visual plugins (but using crew chief and it's nice), still on DX9 for now, probably I will give DX11 a go before the next race because the livestream looks great, but if I saw it's not as smooth as DX9 or it gives me any kind of doubts...I will switch back again.

Thanks to live commentators and of course at @Bernd Schmidt for his work, your informations about slower cars on track really helped a lot. ;)

Gabriel Rossouw

Reaction score
Ye

Yep, again apologize gor that. My PC betrayed me, race ruined for us aswell, we got final 6th place, but we had also a great car and pace. Car itself was even better on race setup than what it was in qualify setup. The stutters were slowing my pace by at least half a second per lap, along with making me lose 3-4 seconds for lapping GTs (reason why you catched me). I was on medium tires, getting advantage of not changing them on pits.
These things happen unfortunately and it was clearly not on purpose, so all good. Good to see you've done a lot of research already in an attempt to solve this for future events ;). See you guys at Fuji :thumbsup: (y)

Tonga Guardia

Reaction score
@Marcel Offermans @Jimmi Allison and all people here....

Everyone here is looking for different things when we enter to simracing world, someguys are looking for fun, others for inmersion on the game, realistic graphics or phisycs and of course those guys who are here for the intense competitiveness we have at VEC, im in the last group becouse i really like the competition, real phisycs and really dont mind the graphics too much...
I have a really old PC, Phenom II x4, 4GB Gskill DDR3,an old GTX760 and a 32"TV as my monitor (not full HD)...
setting graphics to medium I can manage over 100fps on race (110-120fps at Indy) maybe 80fps on heavy tracks, but always stable....
So i have PS2 graphics, but when you have P1s coming behind you and you are catching GTs while you are fighting with the other P2s for the positions, i really dont mind how cute the graphics or shadows are becouse competition is all i want....
and at this point TrackMap becomes neccesary for my, it gives to much and good info about my car and the other ones around me....
At the moment going to DX11 is not possible, as i dont get enough money to buy a new one for the moment...
so please DX11 not become mandatory or it will be impossible to drive for people with old machines...
And TrackMap is such a great plugin, maybe you in s397 could make a newone with all that info... i will appreciate that much more than a new graphic improvement...

At Indy I only had experience a little freeze when some guys left the server, its a random thing for me, like for example, a few days ago on one practice session i got this little freeze EVERY time someone leave and join the server all along the session.... very annoying....
but on others practice sessions, all its fine, no freezes at all...
In the races is random too, some races i got freezes and stutter and other races dont.
In some tracks the worst sector is when you are on the mainstraight i thinks becouse it loads the pitboxes, and the fps going down too much...
At Indy only 1-2 little freezes when someone join/leave the server, nothing critical as other guys for my luck.

im just giving my opinion... and guys relax, Marcel is not a magician :D but Jimmi yes!!!! :p

Manu Ferreiro

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Tonga Guardia
I agree with the first paragraph
@Marcel Offermans
I want to thank Marcel that we can talk to him openly and answer us. We are not alone. :thumbsup: (y)
@Jimmi Allison
I want to thank the effort even if we do not agree on everything completely. I know it's not easy many times.

In general rules, more or less, I agree with what is done in the championship.
Hopefully sooner than later rFactor 2 will be more and more stable for all.

Fuji is in the oven :) SINL TEAM

Jos van der Sterren

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Marcel Offermans , as we are already slightly offtopic deepdiving into rf2 performance here I might ask as well.

What is most likely bottleneck to cause rf2 in VR to show the "rf2 is loading vr content" display during a race?
I would not consider it exactly stuttering, but failing to have a visible track for a second or two did nonetheless briefly send me off track last night. Quite a scary moment and glad nobody was around me at the time (as far as I was aware), sustained no damage so lucky me. But had an almost identical experience in the pre season race @estoril. Already down drilled all quality settings that have been discussed in the various VR topics. So am wondering what else I could try to improve.

Even with the potential issue in the back of my mind I thoroughly enjoy rf2 in VR and would not do without it anymore, so thanks for making it possible :)
Every time i had this issue somebody was joining or leaving the server.
It looks like a performance drop during that time and the loading screen pops up.
I don`t have a solution yet but i wil figure it out.

Giacomo Lapadula

Reaction score
What an exciting race !! After two seasons after two very difficult seasons, finally get the first win on SRC. Obviously there were not a few difficulties, mild contact or lag problems endangered our race. But no one has dropped a meter and topping 1,000 miles our P2 cut off the finish first. Now I can not wait to compete in Fuji with another spectacular race.... Soon pilots!

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
We can’t always agree on things - usually, people tend to see it from their own or their team/class perspective - where I need to be unbiased and look at it from overall and admin part of things.
This is already a massive work, results, replays, broadcast, IRR, ratings you name it.. so when we add things we need to prioritise things and evaluate how thing run vs how they then will run.

I’ve seen some comments about the game - but everyone needs to remember that trackmap plugin IS known to cause issues - maybe not everywhere but it will eventually mess up your race or someone else’s. I can just hope that people will stop using it. If not we might consider to not allowing it.
Yes we can ;) required trace logs ;) but let’s not get carried away now :p
We just want as clean races as we can - we don’t annoy people with rules that we don’t think is fair :)

Maximilian Schieder

Reaction score
D1 - LMP2 - DHR #28

Our race ended like the pre season test. After our first or second stop we had something like 70 seconds repair time where we don't know where it really came from, we had a small touch with another car but Jake said it was nothing serious.
We just went on and drove until we had almost 4 stints and wanted to switch driver in the C80 to safe time but sadly we ended up with still Jake in the car, so we just wanted to go to the pits the lap after, but the AI took over the car instead of me which made us DNF.:confused:
Still looking forward to the next race, maybe Jakes internet gets better until then :D

Tobias Lange

Reaction score
At the moment I don't think, that it is a problem, that D3 don't have a race director, because I guess after Fuji the last one, who don't know how to behave, will have lost his licence and if not the season is long enough for those to crash at least every car for once and then it's fair again. :D