What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 0 - Preseason at Silverstone

David Serra

VEC Division 2
VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
SRC Season pass
I apologize for hit@Melih Cakmakli , I completely lost the car due to the brake distribution.

It is interesting the lack of adherence in the dirty air effect, it's really frustating

The race was interesting, 4 first p3 fighting in less than 2 seconds, What a season awaits us!

Benjamin Waymel

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Witchwood P2 #310

Unfortunately for the race I was alone and without a proper setup
My intention was to do 10 laps and retire
I am sorry to a gte, on Croft corner I went sideways and the it hit me
I hope did not get too much damage to you
Hopefully for the first race we will have a full team

Regarding frame Freeze I have solved it by putting reply to Off
The cpu does too much by recording and dealing with all the data from the tires and get overworked
Try this

All my best and looking forward to the first real race
Hi Riccardo,

It was me, if you talk about Corpse, I could not do anything because your move was totally unpredictable.
But, I loose only 10s on this move + 30s in the pit to repair when i stop, and the car was "not bad". So I managed to keep a good pace for the end of my stint and this was the most important.

Riccardo Alitta

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
Hi Riccardo,

It was me, if you talk about Corpse, I could not do anything because your move was totally unpredictable.
But, I loose only 10s on this move + 30s in the pit to repair when i stop, and the car was "not bad". So I managed to keep a good pace for the end of my stint and this was the most important.

I am so sorry Benjamin
I lost on the breaks and you are correct it was Corpse, I always confuse these two!! Shame on me because I live near silverstone and always watching some race there, I should know better

I was hopping to do my 10 laps test without interfering on anybody

I am glad I did not cause too much damage to you and fortunately was only a preseason race

I wish you a great season of fun and satisfaction
All my best
Rick

Jose Alvarez

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
I want to apologize to the driver of car number 223 for the overtaking in turn 1. Obviously I should not have tried it there, calculate wrong the slipstream and I was also being pressured by an LMP2. It was my mistake and I apologize for that.

This was a test race but I see that we are still making the same mistakes, season after season.

I do not understand the pilots who, having a much faster car such as the LMP2, try to overtake others much slower than the P3 or GT in places that are never recommended with the risk that this entails.

Two LMP2 tried to overtake me at the same time in turns 16, 17 and 18. Neither of them was in parallel at the time of my braking but even so, the first of them tried to overtake me. Luckily I saw him in time and I pulled away but the one behind him tried to overtake me on the outside between turns17 and 18. Obviously we touched and I broke my right rear suspension for the rest of the race.

The same thing happened to me in Becketts. The impatience of a pilot who did not want to wait for the straight of the hangar to overtake me made me leave the track and almost ended with the car race that was behind me. 10% lost of rear front tyre wear.

Like these I had another three or four incidents, all avoidable if they had had a little more patience.

Just the day before I had a discussion with another pilot of LMP2 that I asked if it had not been easier to wait at Brooklands to be able to overtake me instead of Arena and his only response was a big NO. He left me speechless. With pilots like this ...

The race itself was very entertaining. All the LMP3 were rolling at the same time and a good proof is that the second, third and fourth car arrived with less than a second difference. We finished P2 with an overtaking in the last turn of the last lap, Amazing!

I like the car, it's fun to drive but I keep saying that the difference in performance with the GTs is small, which conditions the strategy. My first stint was with soft tires and at the first stop I did not change the tires to see how they would work in the race. The problem was to try to overtake the GT with the tires worn, it took almost a lap to get it due to the lack of traction so we will have to take it into account for the following races.

Thanks to Carrillo for the battle at the beginning of the race and to Thomas Luty for the fight in the next laps, it was very funny although sometimes we almost reached the limit of the regulation.

Tonga Guardia

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
There is a huge difference in the endurance pack and the SRCA mod, every single livery is 25ish MB, model is more detailed vs the 5mb livery file in srca with 2 models.
If you enter the server and it loads the cars and then you loose connection this has nothing to do with server or wether or not its located in France or Germany.
Looking on how big is the livery file, and how too many people had stutter or freezes or loading problems...
Is there a chance (if possible) to reduce the livery files to half size??
Could be that the cause of a lot of problems?
If i not remeber wrong in S4 or S5 we had a "lowres skinpack" and we can use it without mismatch problems... or im wrong?

I know it was rf1, and other sistem of install files (not workshop), but just a thought....

James Johnson

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Looking on how big is the livery file, and how too many people had stutter or freezes or loading problems...
Is there a chance (if possible) to reduce the livery files to half size??
Could be that the cause of a lot of problems?
If i not remeber wrong in S4 or S5 we had a "lowres skinpack" and we can use it without mismatch problems... or im wrong?

I know it was rf1, and other sistem of install files (not workshop), but just a thought....
Share your best .json file tip-tweak

This might be something to try If you haven't done so already.

Borja Ori

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
#262 & #265 RaceRfactor black & white cars, at D3 - GTE

Nice race-day. Even thought the #265 was hit by and LMP2 at Becketts at the first overtake at lap 4 or 5... Don´t know why some drivers had not patience enough... So it was many laps lost because repairing... Lets say it was only badluck.
The #262 begun the last at the grid but had no problems so climbed to the P10 after the first stint (because diferents problems or strategy of other teams. Only 2 overtakes at that point and 7 places won).
After it we tried different sets of tires, wings, pressures, TC... with boths cars and could finished the race P12 and P14. So it was a good race-day for us.

Thanks a lot to the race director and all the VEC Staff.

See You next month in Indianapolis!!

Last edited:

Victor Ivanov

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Does anybody know if it's possible to reset the SHQM delta? I didn't beat my teammate's time on new tyres and I didn't have a delta during the whole two stints I did :(

Don Baumbach

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Does anybody know if it's possible to reset the SHQM delta? I didn't beat my teammate's time on new tyres and I didn't have a delta during the whole two stints I did :(
SHQM HUD is using the standard HUD functions that are built into rFactor2. Unfortunately, there is no manual reset available. @Victor Ivanov

Roy Schroten

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Hello all,

I have raced here for the past 2 seasons without any technical issues. But when I tried to jump into the car tonight the game crashed every time it loaded up the circuit, and as a result moved back to the main screen.

I had spectate turned on and all settings on the lowest possible. The cars would load as well as the circuit textures, but once the game looked ready to jump to the car (jump to onboard) it crashes back to the main screen.

Here is a video of the issue:

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? :/ Like I said I had all settings on the lowest possible so cant really think of any fix, never have any issues with graphic loading etc

Regards,
Roy

Matheus Machado

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Hello all,

I have raced here for the past 2 seasons without any technical issues. But when I tried to jump into the car tonight the game crashed every time it loaded up the circuit, and as a result moved back to the main screen.

I had spectate turned on and all settings on the lowest possible. The cars would load as well as the circuit textures, but once the game looked ready to jump to the car (jump to onboard) it crashes back to the main screen.

Here is a video of the issue:

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? :/ Like I said I had all settings on the lowest possible so cant really think of any fix, never have any issues with graphic loading etc

Regards,
Roy
We at TDR had a similar issue at S8 Le Mans, but we were able to join the car briefly before the game crashed. It would just roll down the pitlane before my teammate game crashed. We fixed it by deleting all car files and downloading them again.

Carsten Wilhelm

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
The livery(texture) detail is included in the ingame player and opponent detail option.
You can also overwrite the texture detail in the player.json file. By doing that, the ingame settings only control the 3D level of detail, so you can run lower 3D detail but with better textures and vice versa.

Jan Studenski

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
You can also overwrite the texture detail in the player.json file. By doing that, the ingame settings only control the 3D level of detail, so you can run lower 3D detail but with better textures and vice versa.
These settings in player.json - 3 is highest: Here an example config of low 3D level and maximum Livery details

"Opponent Detail":1,
"Opponent Texture Override":3,
"Opponent Texture Override#":"For opponents' vehicle textures: -1=use Opponent Detail, 0-3=override value",

Last edited:

Tonga Guardia

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
I was more thinking about the bigsize of the file and maybe its too much information to load or read for the PC..

I was more thinking about the bigsize of the file and maybe its too much information to load or read for the PC..
We are not going to resize these down, sorry - looking way too good right now to keep making the game look bad.
So you need to use the details if it is too much.

Carsten Wilhelm

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
By using a low setting for cars, either ingame or via override in player.json, the textures are already scaled down. This is called MipMap, a property of .dds (texture) files that basically makes the same file accessible in lower resolutions for lower settings and/or farther distances. This is why the textures appear more blurry the lower the setting is - the game uses the same texture in a lower resolution. For more in depth info consult Wiki MipMap.