What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 0 - Preseason at Silverstone

Vojta Polesny

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Public IP, none-public IP, NAT, double nat ip etc there are so many configurations (I know this because i´ve previously worked for an ISP)
NAT IP gave issues when hosting servers, but basically this it should work
All our servers are identical, hosted in the same data center, SRCA just recently "took over" the old VLMS server, which is the only one hosted in France.

Do you two that have issues have the same ISP @David Serra ?
Solution for me it was Public IP and double NAT over providing site...

Ryan Walker

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
For anyone having the screen freeze issues I tried this:

Reformatted my PC then installed rFactor 2 again and made a clean player file but haven't run windows updates as I have a feeling my issues was something to do with windows updates possibly installing something that may be running in the background.

Just a heads up.

Victor Ivanov

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
@Victor Ivanov Yes - Sorry about that, from the perspective and distance I was at that point, I didn't see our team mate back off and I apologise for those comments, mix of adrenaline and not thinking about what I saw, just saying the 1st thing on my mind. I was surprised as you had been carving through the traffic really well and taught me a couple of things whilst following you :)

Was a great battle though and look forward to racing your Team, was alot of fun, even if it was only pre season.
TBH it was really fair from their side to not interfere with our battle. I have to tell you probably lost 2 kg in that 30 min stint and my t-shirt was soaking wet :D

Carlos del Alamo

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Team nr. 227 rfactor2race LMP3 Jose Alvarez and Carlos del Alamo
It was a good test. Finally P2. Good race.
Thanks @Nick Newcombe for a nice race direction at Div 3 and all the staff for the great organization
C U in Indianapolis next month

Riccardo Alitta

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
Witchwood P2 #310

Unfortunately for the race I was alone and without a proper setup
My intention was to do 10 laps and retire
I am sorry to a gte, on Croft corner I went sideways and the it hit me
I hope did not get too much damage to you
Hopefully for the first race we will have a full team

Regarding frame Freeze I have solved it by putting reply to Off
The cpu does too much by recording and dealing with all the data from the tires and get overworked
Try this

All my best and looking forward to the first real race

Jerome Lehingue

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
A complicated race for the 315 Alliance Competition in P2. I was only driver, the race was long but interesting, I manage to finish 3rd. A good result despite it lacked a bit of speed setup.
A race overall clean despite some misunderstanding of some GTE but overall it was very cool.
It's so cool to meet drivers on SRCA with whom I beat myself.
No fault of the organization, no bug or lag for me it was perfect.
deeply the first round

Cameron Brewster

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Good fun yesterday in the D3 server, still got no idea how we managed to go from 6th to 1st and gain a lap! Looking forward to the second season for me behind the wheel of the Draig car!

Javier Ugalde

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
I need to update my divisions forum 4, I'm on the OSR Endurance team # 317 D4 P2.

Thank you.

No, if you look closely you dont see any differences right now - i reverted back for the time being, but yes i have a list of roughly 6 entries that will be moved.
Just need to get the final reviews done

Chris Bruno

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
In summary for car 373, Dimitrios qualified us in P4 and made a great start holding that position for the first few laps. He then had a disconnect and by the time he rejoined we where 4 or 5 laps down. At his first pit stop he got a 10 second stop and go penalty, he went to serve it, but the game also did a full pit stop, so more time lost . He handed over to Ryan for a single stint, and he just banged out the laps. I came in for the last 30 mins and the driver swap didn’t work so Ryan had to pit twice to get me in. He picked up another drive through, so I had to serve that and once again it also did a full pit stop. So this driver swap cost us quite a lot of time.

On the plus side, we all really enjoyed the race and our car had good pace. The driving standards overall where good, so hopefully this continues for the rest of the season

Yacine Derridj

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
@Martin Brault, I don't know exactly in replay time, but I have it in my recorded stream (watch out, brown pants moment :D):
Will try to see when this happened in the stream. And pardon my French as I shat myself there hihihi.
Yup, that was me!
I even had a bump from a GT because of my lag issues.

Completely redone my network configuration (new fiber ISP since 4 days before Silverstone) after the race and also the rF2 configuration (graphics and network) as well.
Very good internet connection though (high bandwidth and low ping), but my stint became more and more laggy along the way.
Where can I get any relevant log to make sure I can correct it before next race?

Apologies to anyone who had to buy a new pair of jeans because of me, I even shortened my stint to avoid any desaster on track. Luckily my massive lag in Becketts only made me spin and go off track when I was alone.

Otherwise good first race, and we get that we have a lot to do to understand how to set this M8 right!

Dennis Hadlak

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
I am a driver that has screen problem freezes a whole season in FSR. Yesterday I had no problem when the drivers left the server that is when the screen freezes occur. I had to reinstall rFactor and leave all graphics by default. Even though I did not have +60fps to be able to run a quiet race it was wonderful.
My PC (which is not from the nasa) I5 6400 - 8gb ram 2133mhz - GTX 950sc 2gb - 1TB 7200rpm.

What kind of graphics did you have at the time of the race?
I drive my settings since 4 years now. This is in 4 years my second lag. So I don't have worry about future ones :) got overall 75 fps also on starts, so it seems fine to me :)

Jesus Sanchez

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
First of all, you want to apologize @Adam State for the touch I gave you in Stowe, trumpeted in front of me and I did little to dodge it, a thousand apologies.

Despite being preseason, I was nervous and I paid a bit pricey with some other error. He had the pace to follow those in front and after following closely @David Hoyo , who had a lot ping, I got overtake and put land in between.

Despite a few spins (the car loses grip without warning and is very difficult to save), happy with the pace.

I stay with the end of the race, with new tires I was cutting 3 seconds to the World of SimRacing Am and when I had it 3 seconds ago I made a mistake in Copse that could have left me with no chance to fight, but retake the capture of the P6, but I did not expect the fight with SRP SINL Team, who came out just ahead when making his stop. There were 10 min stress, 3 Spanish teams fighting for the P5.

We are not entirely happy with the result as we could have finished P3.

In the LMP3 they were not so lucky, when they rolled P3 the game was closed and they lost 3 laps. I wish you more luck in the next one.

Does anyone have the repetition of the D4? Thanks.

We need to understand what is wrong, posting things in 3 different threads and contact staff does not help us at all.

There is a huge difference in the endurance pack and the SRCA mod, every single livery is 25ish MB, model is more detailed vs the 5mb livery file in srca with 2 models.
If you enter the server and it loads the cars and then you loose connection this has nothing to do with server or wether or not its located in France or Germany.

I will make a new thread, please only post issues there, dont post any "solutions" and provide details, not just my game crashed.