What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 0 - Preseason at Silverstone

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
At what time did it happen ? I'll ask who was driving at this moment. At least one of the guys has a brand new internet connection and didn't had lot of time to test on practice servers before race.
@Martin Brault, I don't know exactly in replay time, but I have it in my recorded stream (watch out, brown pants moment :D):
Will try to see when this happened in the stream. And pardon my French as I shat myself there hihihi.

Last edited:

David Beranek

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I tried to enter Div. 2 server many many times, always "Connection lost". Once I got into the server, but it kicked me out in a few minutes and after that I couldn't join anymore. It started loading the cars and finally "Connection lost". The thing is, I passed the Academy without these issues, idk why that happened to me in the preseason. If someone have any idea why this happens it would be appreciated.
What you describe seems like same I and some other guys experience in rF2 on any server. You connect to the server, loading cars, and when you expect message that you joined the server you get CL (earlier it also used to happen that you joined, but you couldn't see other cars and they couldn't see you but haven't seen that for some time)
On full server I usually connect on 3rd to 5th try, sometimes I connect on 1st all week, it's very moody but it's getting worse the more cars are on the server.
I heard it might be something about your provider. I know about one guy who had exactly this problem and stopped having it after he switched to public IP, but that doesn't explain why other guys with non-public IP never had this problem or why we have no problem in any other game.

Edit: And on 1st join when it creates shaders it fails always if this helps anything

Attaching two failed joins and then one success join from yesterday for comparison

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike Hanemian

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
@Martin Brault, I don't know exactly in replay time, but I have it in my recorded stream (watch out, brown pants moment :D):
Will try to see when this happened in the stream. And pardon my French as I shat myself there hihihi.
As Martin said, one of our drivers had performances issues. Based on your video since you finished the race I think it's him. He droves 1 stint between hour 2 and hour 3, and I took the wheel for the last hour around 20h cest. You passed me several times without issues on the last hour tho, at least from my pov :D

Obviously he had no problems on training servers, were gonna investigate. Thanks !

Tonnie Jansen

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Would you please be so kind to tell us the "event time" at which this freeze happened so I can look in the right location in the trace you sent? This is the same time you would report when sending an incident report. Thanks.
my very long freeze was 18.44 hr dutch time

Marius Nicolae

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Anyone with a replay from D1 first hour ? :D

I crash the game ( after a problem on driver swap ) and no more replay for me :(

Jos Araneda

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
I am a driver that has screen problem freezes a whole season in FSR. Yesterday I had no problem when the drivers left the server that is when the screen freezes occur. I had to reinstall rFactor and leave all graphics by default. Even though I did not have +60fps to be able to run a quiet race it was wonderful.
My PC (which is not from the nasa) I5 6400 - 8gb ram 2133mhz - GTX 950sc 2gb - 1TB 7200rpm.

What kind of graphics did you have at the time of the race?

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
#286 Witchwood C7R
We had to show something for us and also all Corvette C7R fans out there, good race and no issues to report. ;)

Congrats to all teams and drivers and to Race Director @Nick Newcombe for the great job :thumbsup: (y)

@Stephen Bailey
Here you can find my replay (medium quality) Qual and First 2 hours Division 3

Tommaso Tortella

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Funny race yesterday for me, until the driver change where unfortunately my partner has had graphic problems. He tried to get back on the server but did not have the chance to get back on track, he was considered as "retired".
I'm sorry @Thomas Jacobs for the contact he sent you in spin, he did not want it, it was a great fight!

See you next guys!;)

Jan Studenski

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
It was an interesting race yesterday in the #322.

Our 1st driver was ill the last days (fever), despite that he still got pole and had good pace, just didn't feel that well and as a result did some mistakes.
My stint was great, my fastest lap was on Lap 6 of my stint, I could go easily in the 44s if I had a free lap available. No notable incidents, though noticed some stuff of other drivers that really shouldn't happen.
Our 3rd driver had also good pace, but as 1st driver went in too early, he had to save fuel to make it to the end (hence also why we let the leader lap us).

Without the penalties, victory would have been easily in it.
Our sister car in Division 2 (#124 RevolutionSimRacing Gold) did a great job in securing P4 - they have very similiar pace to us :)

Yes and that is my bad, there wont be any replays. So if there are any specific incidents where you can remember lap count or even have your own replay file please submit.Just use 000 in server time and lap count in description.
Can we also provide evidence in form of video?

Matthew Beavis

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Victor Ivanov Yes - Sorry about that, from the perspective and distance I was at that point, I didn't see our team mate back off and I apologise for those comments, mix of adrenaline and not thinking about what I saw, just saying the 1st thing on my mind. I was surprised as you had been carving through the traffic really well and taught me a couple of things whilst following you :)

Was a great battle though and look forward to racing your Team, was alot of fun, even if it was only pre season.

David Serra

VEC Division 2
VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
SRC Season pass
What you describe seems like same I and some other guys experience in rF2 on any server. You connect to the server, loading cars, and when you expect message that you joined the server you get CL (earlier it also used to happen that you joined, but you couldn't see other cars and they couldn't see you but haven't seen that for some time)
On full server I usually connect on 3rd to 5th try, sometimes I connect on 1st all week, it's very moody but it's getting worse the more cars are on the server.
I heard it might be something about your provider. I know about one guy who had exactly this problem and stopped having it after he switched to public IP, but that doesn't explain why other guys with non-public IP never had this problem or why we have no problem in any other game.

Edit: And on 1st join when it creates shaders it fails always if this helps anything

Attaching two failed joins and then one success join from yesterday for comparison
u have the same problems in academy?

Public IP, none-public IP, NAT, double nat ip etc there are so many configurations (I know this because i´ve previously worked for an ISP)
NAT IP gave issues when hosting servers, but basically this it should work
All our servers are identical, hosted in the same data center, SRCA just recently "took over" the old VLMS server, which is the only one hosted in France.

Do you two that have issues have the same ISP @David Serra ?

It was an interesting race yesterday in the #322.

Our 1st driver was ill the last days (fever), despite that he still got pole and had good pace, just didn't feel that well and as a result did some mistakes.
My stint was great, my fastest lap was on Lap 6 of my stint, I could go easily in the 44s if I had a free lap available. No notable incidents, though noticed some stuff of other drivers that really shouldn't happen.
Our 3rd driver had also good pace, but as 1st driver went in too early, he had to save fuel to make it to the end (hence also why we let the leader lap us).

Without the penalties, victory would have been easily in it.
Our sister car in Division 2 (#124 RevolutionSimRacing Gold) did a great job in securing P4 - they have very similiar pace to us :)

Can we also provide evidence in form of video?
Feel free to use a video shot yeah, thats fine.

Since the website is in maintenance mode I am not able to send incident review reports, what should I do right now? @Jimmi Allison
Yeah well i was kinda moving teams around and there might have been one team that figured it out :D

IRR links: will be available tonight, dont worry to much about deadlines.

David Serra

VEC Division 2
VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
SRC Season pass
Public IP, none-public IP, NAT, double nat ip etc there are so many configurations (I know this because i´ve previously worked for an ISP)
NAT IP gave issues when hosting servers, but basically this it should work
All our servers are identical, hosted in the same data center, SRCA just recently "took over" the old VLMS server, which is the only one hosted in France.

Do you two that have issues have the same ISP @David Serra ?
We have different provider , maybe my partner work better than srca server (old vlms server) :confused:

Anyway, I have different provider than my partner.

I show our configurations
my conf.
5b953654cd60fd3266e1f81f.png

@Jose Ortuno confg.
5b953882cd60fd3266e1f934.png

Christian Moreau

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
I´m sorry for one of the M8´s for the contact which I caused in the Brooklands. rFactor crashed me during the pitstop so I don´t know who was it. On the other side, I had a great motivation, because I started without quali, so from last place on the grid and move from P15 ( I mean ) to P7 ( I mean ) during first hour of the race, but I was to tired from my previous race...the result were several spins and contact with M8...so once again sorry guys ;-)
Hey Vojta! I think that may have been us. Mike was driving at the time and mentioned some sort of incident at Brooklands. I think you guys warped into us at one point as well which gave us a stop and go as Mike was already at 2 off tracks. :p Oh well, no hard feelings here. :) We didn't have much damage if any. Actually, I somehow caused more damage to our car by slightly bumping a lapped car that half spun in front of me so had to drive with slightly bent steering for the final 2 hours.

Anyway, I found the race to be pretty clean outside of that. Looking forward to round 1!