What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R8 - 24 hours of LeMans

Henri Ahonen

Reaction score
A few meters aren't the most important thing in the 24-hour race but qualifying is still a fun part of Le Mans week.

Christian Michel

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Also please make sure you understand 3.2.1

I dont disagree, but what im trying to archive is a "Le Mans atmosphere" :)
If any team wont be able to make qualifying, let me know - but you NEED to let me know otherwise the team wont be present at the race.
Could we get an evolving Grip level then too? Reset to low Level for Q1 Session, save after and put it for the start of Q2 and then put the end of Q2 saved for the Race start? It's not much work really and there is always a day in between. :)

A few meters aren't the most important thing in the 24-hour race but qualifying is still a fun part of Le Mans week.
Maybe, maybe not - Track Position is always good to have - also in a 24 Hour Race.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Could we get an evolving Grip level then too? Reset to low Level for Q1 Session, save after and put it for the start of Q2 and then put the end of Q2 saved for the Race start? It's not much work really and there is always a day in between. :)
no, griplevel fall as soon as no-one race there as well (real life) so.
But im glad that you know its not to much of a work, like the rest of the show.

Christian Michel

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
no, griplevel fall as soon as no-one race there as well (real life) so.
But im glad that you know its not to much of a work, like the rest of the show.
Changing a Gripfile is not much work, so stop this. It's simply not true. It's ok was just a thought which could improve the whole "Lemans Week" what you Guys called it.

Im out, see you @ 1st June.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Changing a Gripfile is not much work, so stop this. It's simply not true. It's ok was just a thought which could improve the whole "Lemans Week" what you Guys called it.

Im out, see you @ 1st June.
Stop this?
Its not a big job i dont think i said that, but it wont be done - mainly because its not 2 sessions back-to-back, there is 25 hours between the sessions which means the grip (real life as well) wont be "the same" anyways.
Also there might be teams who cant make the 2nd Q session, and if the grip is way better there, then thats not fair at all.
But adding small task on top of each other the workload will be bigger -thats pretty simple :) remember there is a check list for each race that has to be followed, its not like i sit with my feet up until i announce Green flag ;)

Niki Djakovic

Reaction score
There is always some sort of moderate grip at begining of any session on any race track in the world, except when its first built. Not to defend Christian or attack you sir admin. Even on a public road stretch, with lots of training sessions before the race for LeMans. So I hope to simulate this Jimmi youll give us some medium track rubber file. Ill post one as soon as I come home, from that Ive saved from VLMS last night. It will be usable for training too. I understand these niggles are painintheass but close to green track or green track is more painintheass than the rain is and it is also not somwthing u encounter irl besides first training session, that everyone always calls useless for anything other than car checks, which we are long past now.

Manuel Marsili

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Default rubber (I assume Light preset) got 10KB.
VLMS got recently a 48KB rubber, and Jimmi said it added it to the server track.
Here was posted pages ago a 60KB rubber. It is around 2 seconds faster (on a LMGT) than server default, trying it on offline in same conditions comparison.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
There is always some sort of moderate grip at begining of any session on any race track in the world, except when its first built. Not to defend Christian or attack you sir admin. Even on a public road stretch, with lots of training sessions before the race for LeMans. So I hope to simulate this Jimmi youll give us some medium track rubber file. Ill post one as soon as I come home, from that Ive saved from VLMS last night. It will be usable for training too. I understand these niggles are painintheass but close to green track or green track is more painintheass than the rain is and it is also not somwthing u encounter irl besides first training session, that everyone always calls useless for anything other than car checks, which we are long past now.
No need to save or do anything right now, the track will be updated and then grip files wont work.

But it should have light rubber, but i guess some kinda process is needed to get a normal grip file up every round somehow.. I´ll think about that.

I have not got the correct experience to talk about grip level at the start of any session on any racetrack...

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Also remember there will be a practice session ahead of the qualifying sessions - so "complete" green track... i wouldn´t think so.

Niclas Porbadnik

VEC Season Pass
Team Premium
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
when i click on the hotlap list of server 1 it shows me some laps at Palm Beach Intl Road Course.

cheers

Martin Dyrlund

VEC Season Pass
Team Premium
Reaction score
Could the VEC night server get a new start time? At the moment it is 9 AM, which i assume is morning and not night... :)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
After some troubleshooting and looking into files we are confident that we have found some issues - but still need to see some of vlms drivers files.

Good thing S397 are as open and as willing to help/troubleshot with us as they are.

Plan is still to have the race with no delay. Just FYI.

As both the VLMS P2 and GT champions are a part of VEC already - VLMS teams can apply for a spot at VEC - just a reminder we look into penalties etc.

Joao Brito

Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison

After some troubleshooting and looking into files we are confident that we have found some issues - but still need to see some of vlms drivers files.

Good thing S397 are as open and as willing to help/troubleshot with us as they are.

Plan is still to have the race with no delay. Just FYI.

As both the VLMS P2 and GT champions are a part of VEC already - VLMS teams can apply for a spot at VEC - just a reminder we look into penalties etc.
How can we apply to the 24h round?

Thanks.

Yuri Kasdorp

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Is there gonna be a track update at all? It was suppose to be out a while ago and even though I know you might be buisy and stuff, it's preventing us from properly preparing.
The track as it is is not up to the standards we hold tracks here, and I wouldn't be too happy to have a season finale 24h race done at a track with the quality this has.

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there gonna be a track update at all? It was suppose to be out a while ago and even though I know you might be buisy and stuff, it's preventing us from properly preparing.
The track as it is is not up to the standards we hold tracks here, and I wouldn't be too happy to have a season finale 24h race done at a track with the quality this has.
There will be an update coming, unfortunate the last one which should used in VLMS hasnt worked as it should, thats the reason why it takes a bit more time, but i know @Tomas Beha is working pretty hard on that :) Maybe he has some more informations for you

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe not graphically - but it has the standard pits and is ready for use.
It depends on the actual work. Can't say more right now as I honestly don't know

Tomas Beha

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
You are right, but some things are not as straight forward as one initially asumed - so yes you are basicly correct, and the honest answer is that we want it to happen too, preferably weeks ago. You can't prepare at the "proper" track, and I can't prepare at all, take your pick....