What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R6 - 4 hours of Red Bull Ring

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Fun but another what if race. Qualifying was worse then expected. Had hoped for a top 10 but didn´t get the lap in in time. Sorry for the unsafe release thingie. Need to map a button for outside cockpit view. As the side view buttons is not enough. Better pace in race and due to penalties and some waiting in pit stops it appears and some cars spinning and some overtakes I found myself in P2 from P15 soon enough. Had less top speed then some teams but the car was great on the brakes. A P2 with medium tires hold us up so the gap to the lead was quite big though. Could maintain the gap due to better consistency versus Borjas better pace but surely there was some close calls with Ciriello spinning on start straight and going wide in last corner on the bumpy stuff.. Then came our usual bad timed code 80s. First Greg Hall got the advantage I was at T1 and could not take advantage. Then next one Borja got the code 80 advantage as he was the 45 seconds ahead required to take advantage. Then we had one P2 to much spinning on the start straight and got 360 seconds or so in the pits so that was it challenging for the win. Recovered good to a 5th place though from 11th and and several laps down.

Last edited:

Mike Phillis

Reaction score
Well this was a fun race.... Dry, wet, dry, wet, drying, MONSOON!!!!

first of all i would like to thank Jimmy as always as if he wasnt around then im sure this would of been postponed, i hope your GF is well and nothing that is long lasting. Also, @Bernd Schmidt get well for Le Mans pal.

What can be said for this race? Set up was on point for the WET, we were abit worried about when the dry line came, dropping a few seconds but having our beady eye on the weather we knew it was coming so we kept faith in the set up.

if i remember, Incident free event for us apart from dodging the spinners and off roaders who tried to return to track unsafely seemed like after every spinner we were the next vehicle along.

Both Drivers did an epic job, @Greg Hall and @Ben Willis, first time ben had even lead a race let alone 2 laps.. and our 1st podium of the VLMS!! Many thanks again all, looked good on stream.

Andrea Crespi

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
About code80, penalties are doubled? Didn't know this was for code80 penalties too.....anyway yesterday during Cestari stint a code80 was engaged without countdown....

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Orange zone means double the penalties if causing an incident.
An incident is when drivers are speeding,crashing, overtaking or anything which is NOT allowed.
Code 80 is under OZ

People need to realise that we call out code 80 for safety reasons.
Let's take last nights race where I called out yellow flag in s3 as there where a slow car which actually was under control.
This was clearly not enough, as another p2 didn't really listen and SLAMMED into the other P2 and I had to call out a code 80. And this was without the countdown - was this needed - yes we had 2 severely damaged P2s on the top of the crest which was not really visible when you came from T6.
Will people get penalised for not slowing down immediately, no but we will review who did what and when.

When we do so is to avoid any contact and if people don't care about following the rules I would personally not need them to race on track, so if they continued to cause incidents, speeding, crashing overtaking and whatever a raceban would not even be enough.

We take this very serious as we put many hours into making sure people are safe on track, yes errors can be made - but not over and over again.

If people don't want to run under harsh rules, SR.C is not the place for you.

Anyways - again when Bernd returns I'm sure he will explain what why and who ;)

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
I misunderstood the word "incident" then, sorry. I'm not against harsh rules about it.

Maybe it's not the correct time and place to ask it, but how will be handled the penalties referred to the last event? for example speeding under code80 at Le Mans, you will add 60+60 seconds to final race time? Thanks.

Kevin Ryan

VLMS Season Pass
Reaction score
Ramada Motorsports #151

Good race for us. Nuno ran a very solid stint and I was somehow able to gain a position during mine despite a big crash and damage. We're in a good place now to take the championship in Le Mans.

On another note, I have to wonder about the penalty system. It stopped a race breaking out before it even started yesterday. Not many guys even had a car on the same lap as them. I honestly couldn't wait for my stint to be over from the moment I got in. Could the penalties not be added to the race time either in the race they happen (like every racing series in the world) or the one after? You don't let us argue stewards decisions anyway. I don't know what the fuss could be.

Ricardo Azevedo

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
Per was doing an amazing race, ridding in second place after a super recovery from a bad quali, but then that crash kill us :( nothing I can do about it, the P2 car just spin in front of me and I dont have no time to react, 360sec repair and 11th, recovery to 5th was not so bad but in the end we know that we can have finish in a mutch better position :(
Time for Le Mans and try to finish in a position that we know is possible with a little more luck...
Congratulations class wins and all the drivers...

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Ramada Motorsports #151

Good race for us. Nuno ran a very solid stint and I was somehow able to gain a position during mine despite a big crash and damage. We're in a good place now to take the championship in Le Mans.

On another note, I have to wonder about the penalty system. It stopped a race breaking out before it even started yesterday. Not many guys even had a car on the same lap as them. I honestly couldn't wait for my stint to be over from the moment I got in. Could the penalties not be added to the race time either in the race they happen (like every racing series in the world) or the one after? You don't let us argue stewards decisions anyway. I don't know what the fuss could be.
One of the reason why we want this penalty system is that people get some time to think about how bad it is being stationary in the pits.
Also adding it to race time will be an unbelievable hard choir, also what is 60 seconds and when is it a lap... this is a rhetoric question btw. We are working on instant penalties so it will happen at some point.

Nuno Pinto

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Racing for most of us is also about having fun. Not only wining or finishing top3 or whatever but also about fighting for positions and trying to do a good job under pressure. When you go into a race knowing you are going to "start" the race 2 or more laps down and do a completely "alone" race where is the fun in that? and also on a 4 hour race you know right from the start that you are out of the fight for the lead and most likely out of a top 3 finish.
You race with only one objective, finishing the race and expect everyone else to crash ahead of you because that is the only way to recover 2 laps. When I got into a race like yesterday I only go there to make PP and because we need points, my personal motivation is 0. I personally don't like to race when I'm not motivated specially when its almost impossible to achieve my personal and team goal for that specific race. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
And this is very easy to fix. If my team has a 240seconds penalty, just add 240 seconds to the final result from the race that my team got penalties from. It's the way it happens in real racing and for sure it's the right thing to do.

And by the way we started to turn on the pit limiter and go to 80kph when Jimmi or Bernd said "1" and we got penalties, we decided to go to "3" still got penalties, now we "moved" to 5. Hope 5 seconds is enough...

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Racing for most of us is also about having fun. Not only wining or finishing top3 or whatever but also about fighting for positions and trying to do a good job under pressure. When you go into a race knowing you are going to "start" the race 2 or more laps down and do a completely "alone" race where is the fun in that? and also on a 4 hour race you know right from the start that you are out of the fight for the lead and most likely out of a top 3 finish.
You race with only one objective, finishing the race and expect everyone else to crash ahead of you because that is the only way to recover 2 laps. When I got into a race like yesterday I only go there to make PP and because we need points, my personal motivation is 0. I personally don't like to race when I'm not motivated specially when its almost impossible to achieve my personal and team goal for that specific race. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
And this is very easy to fix. If my team has a 240seconds penalty, just add 240 seconds to the final result from the race that my team got penalties from. It's the way it happens in real racing and for sure it's the right thing to do.

And by the way we started to turn on the pit limiter and go to 80kph when Jimmi or Bernd said "1" and we got penalties, we decided to go to "3" still got penalties, now we "moved" to 5. Hope 5 seconds is enough...
Yes "just" add 240 seconds to the race - but see we got you to slow down in time because it sucks to have penalties - mission accomplished ;)

But this is not going to change until we have a system going - so don't waste your time really. I am not gonna start editing the results and points etc after the race that much I can tell you.

These were the rules upon sign up and these are still the rules.
Again when we have a system that can penalise you on raceday I'm all for it - but not gonna go back to 2009 rules where I did this in the week after the race.

But as I said a system can very well happen sometime in 17, but until then...

Joao Brito

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
Hello guys,

This time i couldn't follow our race, i followed it at a distance and i was very surprised with what happened.

I do not wish to point out anything to ADMIN but, there are some things that should be cleared.

The OZ question, we agree, but if before a race it is posted the Stewards Report, and that says that X team will have 1 penalty, that team should have one penalty, or on the other hand, the Stewards Report should say that the X team had a penalty in a OZ so it will have 2 penaltys. We think that it is not right to post 1 penalty, and then on race day, get 2 penalties, ask why and then know that it was during a OZ...

The Pits! I believe that that the error was assumed by ADMIN saying that the files were wrongfully loaded, but i can't understand how you start a race without pit slots for every car, and then you want to serve your penalty and you have a car on your slot, you take another lap, go in again and the car still is there (?!?!?!) you take another lap, it's your final lap to serve the penalty, you get to your pit and the car is still there (?!?!?!?!), so you have to wait don't know how much time for the car to repare its damages, and loose don't know how many laps to the lead to serve a penalty.

For us, this race is not an example of a SRC race.This was somehing else, but not what SRC does.

Again, we are not pointing fingers to anyone, we know this things can happen but, as some of our collegues said, we've literally wasted 3 weeks of trainning on the first 10 minutes of the race, for reasons that were not of our concern.

Please, hope you guys fix this for next races.

See you guys in Le Mans.

Last edited:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Look a few post back - I do take full responsibility of the pits - this was my error an as you say not a common thing here. But I'm just human too and I can make mistakes. Trust me this won't happen again ;)

For penalties I've allready talked to Bernd about the procedure and I suggested that the full penalty list should be availible in the stewards report so teams are aware of what waits them. Just like I do for VEC.

As you know Bernd for ill and I needed to step into the director seat and when several teams said penalties was applied more than the actual amount there should be - I reacted to it. Unfortunately doing broadcast and doing director stuff I wasent able to read up on it.
But after I used a couple of minutes it was quite clear - as I know how oz works.

Could things be improved - yes we are working on that every single day - it we also have limited hands on raceday.
But not all things need improvements - I do believe that we have a pretty good base here ;)

On the other hand - we also need some teams to start behaving slightly more positive, critism is ok when done in a prober tone and not demanding :)
And obviously also on track :) but we do have some plans coming :D

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Well as you've seen i was unfortunate ill and wasnt able to manage this round, thanks a lot to @Jimmi Allison who jumped in and made it :)

Related to the penalties, i guessed it should be enough to set the rule under the penalties and everyone knows about those penalties are doubled, but that doesnt worked so lesson learned ;) Next time the list will be longer, if needed, hope we wont catch anybody :)

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Ok this will be long lol. But it's worth reading (i think ??)

Qualifying were quite meh, the rain kinda screwed me as i was certain to do a flying lap in my last attempt. Still, P6 so it was quite fine.
At the start i manage to gain 3 positions in 1 lap. But then i don't know what the hell happened, i hit the car in front at turn 2 and have to pit to fix the car. After reviewing the replay seems like i brake a bit too late and the car in front brake earlier than me. Both causes combined, it gives me crying on the floor because of what happened (don't have an actual picture f*ck you :D ). Hope it didn't impact the other team's race too much (i don't remember who it was sorry). Sorry...

After that i did my best to come back, which i managed to do because i'm a f*cking god, helped by other team's penalties. I think i was one of the fastest on the track, particularly on the wet, so that's a good thing. Me and Borja were kinda on the same pace, but i had to stay behind so i wouldn't interfer too much in his race. Sad it wasn't a real fight, would've been really thrilling :D

Several times during the race we lost time in the pits due to the pit sharing problem, but i won't develop this point since the problem is known and resolved.

During the race i kinda had to fight with some climping (weird game freezes that tend to slow th car down, it's like the car freezes too sometimes), especially when i had 2-3 cars in front in some bumpy corners. Still don't know why it happens, i had 150fps in average so idk. Thing is, there were that one time where it prevented me from braking at the right spot at turn 2 so i ended up going straight, crossing the path of a GT that was turning in, thus she hit me on the rear, and i had to go to the pit to fix the car again (hope the GT didn't have much damage...).

So overall we lost a ton of time with these kind of things. But at the end of my run, we were something like P5 so we were quite happy. Thomas even managed to get to P3 so it was really great. And then... the DQ happens.

So, about the DQ, it appears that the game actually gave 4 stop and hold at the same time (hey yo rF2 calm down pls he has a family) for the one single cut he made (he went very wide in sector 2, and went back somewhere safe) - http://hpics.li/da76176 proof here (superb photo high quality life). But it's still weird that he didn't receive any warning that he had to serve 3 other penaltis (he served one right after when he pitted). So at that point we were gutted, it's like God or something wanted to drag us down, f*ck him really. But Jimmi Allison accepted to unDQ us, which is really grate from him, big big thanks to you dude :)

Still, we went from P3 to P10... with hardly over 1 hours to go. Thomas managed to gain some position (with some montage-worthy manoeuvres i heard hehe) to end up P7.
About our final position, both the game and the live timing displayed us P7 (like right before the end of the race), but right after the finish line we dropped P8 for an unknown reason... i'll upload a screenshot if i can, but i'm 100% sure we are actually P7 and not P8.

Overall, the race was good for us, we had good strategies and a really good pace, i'm sure we could've fought for 1st if it wasn't for the... problems we had :p hehe. Not a lot of code 80's despite the rain + GTs were behaving really well overall so it's cool.

On a side note : we wanted to switch drivers at the 2h mark, but Thomas was like "hey it doesn't work wtf is that game omfg ISI wtf are you doing aaaaaa", so we couldn't actually switch when i pitted.
After reseting the game 2-3 times, i suggested
"hey d**bass, are you sure you're really doing the whole procedure ?"
and then he said
"oh shit yeah i didn't actually pressed the "ride with" button omfg i'm so bad i'll kill myself after the race ok ? and i'll give you 10k€ yo deserve it dude really you're my idole take it"
Joke he didn't give me sh*t, but this made me laugh so i felt like i had to share this.

Joonas Raivio

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
I'm sorry if my driving looked a bit unstable, I gotta say I didn't practice at all for this event or even have setup or anything. I wanted to practice but seeing none from my team actually drive before race day, I just thought why to bother? Woke up on race day to see that theres no one from my team starting the race so decided to join there and just serve the penalties and dnf, that's what I did too but my driving was a bit messy, would been even more, but @April Dillon was kind enough to send me a setup which really felt better than mine i tried to create in less than 20min.. Atleast didnt crash, but gotta say I never wanna jump into that car again.

Lets see if le mans is better :) Screenshot_20170421-111816.png