What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R6 - 4 hours of Red Bull Ring

April Carlsvard

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
The penalties today were quite incredible, combined with grid box sharing. I probably lost about 2 minutes stacking for my box and doing drive throughs as I saw my box was shared with others who got there first. I'm aware of 2 other cars we were sharing a box with. Not to mention, the erroneous penalty that followed... :p

Thank you @Jimmi Allison for removing one of the erroneous penalties for us, and doing what you can for others. This isn't an ideal situation, but I do feel like you're trying to make the most of this, and I appreciate that. :)

Last edited:

David Serra

VEC Division 2
VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
SRC Season pass
Sorry to use the chat during the race and by touch with @Johnnj Piccolo
, I totally lost control with the bump.

Andrea Crespi

SR.C License 4
Also the pits are VERY close as in the closest in the season.
is not a question of distance, I mean precisely the same position , happened three times

anyway, I really hope you take count of our second unfair stop and go in the first laps of the race

finally, really sorry for my spin in the last corner, someone hit me and I could nothing

Kyran Parkin

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
A tough one for us. Our pit box was occupied several times by another car, meaning @April Dillon had to serve two self drive-through penalties on top of our original penalties at the start of the race. We've finally managed to complete what we hope is our final stop, after waiting for 20 minutes because of the #188 repairing damage. No blame on those guys, just unfortunate for us and our teammates in the #133 who had to double-stack behind us for all that time.

The car was incredible to drive and traffic was very pleasant. Just not our day today.

OK. While doing cams, getting a notification that my GF actually has been hospitalized (nothing urgent or anything) i went through the files and actually found 2 different versions of Austria. I will have to take full responsibility for the mess in the pits.
However good thing is... theres at least a good few years between my faults :p but this is my bad, not Bernd at all.
I simply packed up the wrong file. I do however mess with a plan that can eleminate this.
What I do find a bit frustrating is how the language on the stream seems to be very harsh and faul. I expect people to behave like adults, this also is what i expect on the servers.

Nico Barclay

VEC Division 1
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
SRC Season pass
Sorry again @Kevin Ryan and ur teammates as i saw it that porsche cut across wich 1s before looked very predictable and acomodating where he was going guess not. need to review it

Craig Woollard

SR.C License 4
WE SOMEHOW GOT A PODIUM.

Our preparation for this race was somewhat troubled by the fact that last weekend, all bar one of us was at Silverstone for the 4 and 6 Hours, where we did tasty shots of vodka. So we didn't have as much preparation time as perhaps we would have liked. Nonetheless, @James Price-Harper helped develop a beast of a setup, in race trim anyway.

We eventually had @Mike Bell start the race, and he timed the switch to moist tyres immaculately. He did an extended stint before handing to me. Bell received a bit of damage but we didn't repair it. My stint (thankfully) was very uneventful. It gradually dried up and by the time the switch to slicks was on, it was time to hand over to The Doctor @Campbell Wallis and he executed a brilliant final stint. The slick timing was immaculate, as was the subsequent timing for returning to moists. Campbell maintained the gap to Ryan behind to take a podium. Realish Racing on the podium. But not without a scare, as Wallis's wheel decided to bloody reset on the final lap! What a time for that to happen. Better than whilst at Blanchimont.

Poor Price-Harper didn't get a chance to drive, but his efforts off the track and in practice cannot go unnoticed. I shall dedicate this can of beer I am now consuming to him.

The pit thing was not ideal. The penalty thing was ideal from our viewpoint, but obviously not ideal looking at it neutrally. But mistakes appear to have been made, and I'm sure those at the top will do what they can to prevent these things from occurring in the future.

Le Mans. Let's do this shit.

Andrea Crespi

SR.C License 4
OK. While doing cams, getting a notification that my GF actually has been hospitalized (nothing urgent or anything) i went through the files and actually found 2 different versions of Austria. I will have to take full responsibility for the mess in the pits.
However good thing is... theres at least a good few years between my faults :p but this is my bad, not Bernd at all.
I simply packed up the wrong file. I do however mess with a plan that can eleminate this.
What I do find a bit frustrating is how the language on the stream seems to be very harsh and faul. I expect people to behave like adults, this also is what i expect on the servers.
No problem, most of all i am really sorry for your girlfriend and hope she's good, but the substance still is that some drivers tonight lost incredible amount of time waiting for others pittin in their place....and my team had two stop and go in the first laps while after estoril we had one; how to fix this?

No problem, most of all i am really sorry for your girlfriend and hope she's good, but the substance still is that some drivers tonight lost incredible amount of time waiting for others pittin in their place....and my team had two stop and go in the first laps while after estoril we had one; how to fix this?
Bernd needs to review the penalties before we can say anything. However dont think we will edit any results. If you lost 60 seconds, you lost 60 seconds.
Just like i loose 20 minutes when people mess up during Code 80 and we need to review this.

Shane Burke

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
Really bad race.. Getting extra penalty ( which we deserved .. o_O ) then the big mistake from me... I need to stop walking under ladders at work.
At least driving standards were good! Or around us anyway.

Replay and results are posted.

Final thought about penalties, and i have not reviewed - but i assume that people do know that penalties in Code 80 will be doubled due to orange zone?
I´ll let Bernd review all of this when he returns :) since i havent got the list right here, right now. Just sayin´it could be as simple as that :)
For instance
TC: 13961.244 - A. Ferrie,
TC: 1951.708 - A. Ferrie
That would give 4 penalties for #132
Penalty - #124 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
This would give 2 penalties for #124

Tommaso Tortella

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
I apologize to the pilot (P2) that I swooped in curve 2, unfortunately he brake very well in advance when it was announced that there would be a code 80, long before Jimmi started countdown ... I clung to the brakes But it was too late now, I'm sorry.
I apologize to anyone you are, unfortunately I do not remember the name of the pilot or the team.

As for our race, what to say, we have been lucky because it went all the way right for us today, but we were also able to handle the various race moments well. We did everything we could to the maximum, and we're glad we've finally reached a podium.

See you next time

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Jimmi Allison I also apologise for using the chat feature, unfortunately I didn't have any team mates in at the time and didn't know what else to do to some how let you know I had already been given the penalty. Won't happen again, thanks for filling in for @Bernd Schmidt hope he and your girlfriend are feeling better.

Radek Sirc

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Sorry again @Kevin Ryan and ur teammates as i saw it that porsche cut across wich 1s before looked very predictable and acomodating where he was going guess not. need to review it
The Porsche was me.. For me it has been very confused and difficult situation. I had no reason to let Kevin Ryan to overtake me because he had about one lap less and I knew I will be faster on the straight due to my better top speed. I lost him from my mirrors at the beginning of straight but for sure I have stayed as on the right side of the dry line as it was possible. Then I saw you (P2), that you are on my left hand behind of me, so I still continue on the right side of dry line to leave enough room for your car. I didn´t expect, that Kevin is still so close and you are going to try pass thru between us. I assumed you are surely ahead of Kevin in the moment when I saw you begin to overtake me. Sorry, but in my opinion, your maneuver was quite optimistic..

Nico Barclay

VEC Division 1
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
SRC Season pass
The Porsche was me.. For me it has been very confused and difficult situation. I had no reason to let Kevin Ryan to overtake me because he had about one lap less and I knew I will be faster on the straight due to my better top speed. I lost him from my mirrors at the beginning of straight but for sure I have stayed as on the right side of the dry line as it was possible. Then I saw you (P2), that you are on my left hand behind of me, so I still continue on the right side of dry line to leave enough room for your car. I didn´t expect, that Kevin is still so close and you are going to try pass thru between us. I assumed you are surely ahead of Kevin in the moment when I saw you begin to overtake me. Sorry, but in my opinion, your maneuver was quite optimistic..
yep low porcentage but from my narrow cockpit looked a bit different, hope it didnt complitelly ruin ur race .cant make up my mind but my point of view is biased. Sorry mate.

Gert James

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Coming into this race we were sure of a few things. We needed a good setup, we needed to plan well and we needed to execute perfectly. We did everything we could before race day to make sure we were comfortable with the car and all possible scenarios that could develop. We had 4 drivers to our disposal but decided to go with two only. And we gave the one guy that hasnt had a chance to qualify to start a race the opportunity to test himself. Amrish Seunarain did a fantastic job up front. A PB in qualifying was enough to leave us satisfied. The penalties were always going to be tough for some to bounce back from and we were happy to start the race with no penalties looming. 5 laps after the start we found ourselves leading the class. The true test was to see if we could maintain that or even stretch that lead past the 1min 30sec mark seeing as that is how long a 60 sec stop-and hold would have put us in front of the chasing pack. In the end we didnt just stretch our lead past that...we ended up winning with 2 laps. Race executed to near perfection. We could not have asked for more. Yes..there were moments where things could have gone terribly wrong, but we kept cool heads, dealt with occupied pitboxes and pinned our ears back the moment we left the pits.
The racing, in very trying circumstances, was very good from everyone on track. Kudos for that!

PS (Edit): Congrats to Borja and Nico for the P2 win. You guys had blistering pace!!

Borja Millan

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I had a freeze in my last stint, the time in the replay is 5728, and this is the trace file: https://mega.nz/#!xgpREIQJ!mF7UOneM1TrLj4gxWyVwl8EORjKQpU7EL8FePPCUMeY
I had a GT behind but luckily he was off the racing line and nothing happened :)

Talking about the race... What can I say, pole, fast lap, and we had good pace in the dry and also in the wet... Even having a incident where we lost the front end we managed to recover the 1st.. Anyway we know that Vires would be on our pace, or even better, if they had praticed, an some other teams had really bad luck.

Congrats to our friends from RSA Protea Simsports and to all the podiums, see you at LeMans (DX11!) :whistle: :whitles: :whistling:

Last edited:

Mitchell Smith

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
my GF actually has been hospitalized (nothing urgent or anything)
I hope she's okay.

For the race, we knew it was a throwaway round going into it because of the three 60 second stop and holds, but we were prepared to race on regardless. However, somehow (not sure if because of the stacking in the pits or not) a GT ran into the back of us, so we had several more minutes of damage and when Toni came in to repair it and serve our second stop and hold, there were literally two cars queued up in front of us.

In Toni's 13 or so laps, he literally only had one clean lap I think. So by the 30 minute mark we were 15 laps down, so I just took over and did some laps for fun before parking it. As soon as I got in the car it started raining. Yay for that. Did a few laps, then found a tentative GT car that left me room quite politely and I had an awkward lock up and half-spin, bumping him. I redressed and he carried on though so hopefully no issues there, apologies for the scare. :D Aside from that it was quite a pleasure to drive, even in the wet. Really disappointing we had so much go wrong today in so many areas, because the car was a dream to drive and both of us were modestly quick in the dry.

Despite everything, firmly enjoyed my first prototype mini-outing. No doubt, Le Mans will be better.

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Penalty - #124 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
This would give 2 penalties for #124
4.4.2 If a driver causes an incident in the Orange Zone penalties are doubled and the car will have to start from pitlane next race.

In my opinion the rules say something different, because speeding is not causing an incident, and if you double the penalties you also have to start from pitlane, and no teams had that penalty.

If Bernd will say that the penalties were wrong, and we also add the pitbox sharing issue, I think that race results has been affected too much, we are not fighting for the overall standings so it's not our problem, but I hope it will not be decisive for the title.

About our race, 2 stop and hold 60 sec, 2 car repair (1 of them was our fault though), 10 minutes waiting for the pitbox, well it just went wrong like the others events :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: