What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R6 - 4 hours of Red Bull Ring

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Race Length: 4 hours
Simulated Race Time: 14:00-18:00
Time accelerated: x1

Race schedule:
14:00 - Server reboot
14:05 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:55 - All cars must be on the server
16:00 - 16:20 - LMGT Q (5 min break)
16:25 - 16:45 - LMP2 Q
16:45 - Warmup
16:55 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pitlimiter
17:00 - Green flag announced on teamspeak "Green flag" when leader is between turn 8 and S/F line.

Classes: LM-P2, and LM-GT

Servers: Build 1108
Liveview and FLT: Click Here
Event on facebook: Click here
Flag rules: Black only
Broadcast: Yes

Please review the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
[Parsehtml]
<iframe id="forecast_embed" type="text/html" frameborder="0" height="245"
width="100%"
src="http://forecast.io/embed/#lat=47.219722&lon=14.764722&name=Red Bull Ring&color=#E0E000&font=Georgia&units=uk"></iframe>[/Parsehtml]

SRC Stewards

Administrator
VLMS Incident report

17.8 All decisions made by the Stewards are final. Drivers are allowed to notify the Stewards if a decision violates one of VLMS´s rules.
If any of the rulings is against our rules you can submit an protest - Please argue your case briefly but effectively by posting a protest to VLMS Stewards here. Protests must be filled in within 72 hours of the report being posted - there will be no exceptions.

Orange Zone

6665 -
M Somma doesn't respect the Code 80 procedure (even if this one was a bit of trouble), but everyone slowed down and he raced with full speed with ends in a huge collision with the RGPL car and suffered mega damage on both cars
Penalty - M Somma - Avoidable contact; 60sec Stop and hold
Penalty - M Somma - Speeding under Code 80; 60sec Stop and hold
Please review the stewards comments and feedback below

Other Incidents

258 - D Serra tries to avoid D Hart infront and A Puoti on the left and turns into D Hadlak
Racing incident - No further action

783 - D Hadlak overtakes J Mirjalalli but next turn Mirjalalli goes up the inside of Hadlak bumping him off
Penalty - J Mirjalalli - Avoidable contact; Drive through

867.2 - Shawn Jacobs jimmi ive got1 too may shold
Penalty - S Jacobs - Chatting; Drive through

884.7 - Chris Graham me too
Penalty - C Graham - Chatting; Drive through

927.2 - Pedro Lopes i got one extra too.....
Penalty - P Lopes - Chatting; Drive through

1204.2, 1364.9, 1385.0 - David Serra serious? / David Serra wtf /David Serra 4 s&g
Penalty - D Serra - Chatting; Drive through

2641 - Infact the T. Tortella turns left knowing there is a P2 on the inside which clearly has his front tyres ahead of the Tortellas rear tyre
Infraction - T Tortella

2751 - M. Smith is far too late on the brakes and hit T. Tortella, but there is no visible damage nor is the significant time loss
Penalty - M Smith - Avoidable contact; Drive through

2858 - M Smith tried it on the outside, but there isnt enough space to make a clear and safe overtake, no visible dmg on T Tortellas car

Code 80
None

Post race
Vicente Lafarge doesnt used his real name
Penalty - #155 - Wrong driver name; DQ

Track cutting
None

Penalty Summary

Penalty - J Mirjalalli - Avoidable contact; Drive through
Penalty - S Jacobs - Chatting; Drive through
Penalty - C Graham - Chatting; Drive through
Penalty - P Lopes - Chatting; Drive through
Penalty - D Serra - Chatting; Drive through
Penalty - M Somma - Avoidable contact; 60sec Stop and hold
Penalty - M Somma - Speeding under Code 80; 60sec Stop and hold
Penalty - Vicente Lafarge - Wrong driver name; DQ

Team Penalty Summary

Penalty - #175 - Avoidable contact; Drive through
Penalty - #113 - Chatting; Drive through
Penalty - #162 - Chatting; Drive through
Penalty - #177 - Chatting; Drive through
Penalty - #155 - Chatting; Drive through
Penalty - #138 - Avoidable contact; Drive through
Penalty - #138 - Avoidable contact; Drive through
Penalty - #120 - Avoidable contact; 60sec Stop and hold
Penalty - #120 - Avoidable contact; 60sec Stop and hold
Penalty - #120 - Speeding under Code 80; 60sec Stop and hold
Penalty - #120 - Speeding under Code 80; 60sec Stop and hold
Penalty - #155 - Wrong driver name; DQ

Stewards Comments and Feedback
  • Due to the many issues during different Code80 procedures M Somma´s license at SR.C has been withdrawn, if the driver wants to compete in VEC/VLMS again he will have to go through SRCA to earn the license again

2 drive throughs = 30 seconds stop and hold
3 drive throughs = 60 seconds stop and hold

Race bans:
None

Abbreviations
DQ = Disqualified
GR = Gentlemen Rule
AC = Avoidable Contact
IF = Infraction
RI = Racing Incident
W = Warning
SnH = Stop and Hold
DT = Drive Through

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Jimmi Allison @Bernd Schmidt

would it be possible to use this version of the track

Edit- removed links, track is a "conversion"

It really is spectacular, would be great if we could race on it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
No, we used another version of Imola and look how that went. And it's actually the same guy who "converted" the track you link too.

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
No, we used another version of Imola and look how that went. And it's actually the same guy who "converted" the track you link too.
Lol Fair call, didn't even think about that being the cause of that shite fight, no worries at all.

Joe Nathan

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
I think the only thing they got right on this version was the direction of the corners.

Zero redeeming qualities of this version, looks dated and the elevation changes are comical. Would much rather skip this round all together than try to tough it out.

Edit: what happened at Imola?

Last edited:
I havent been driving this track in real life, but i have been in simracing and i could find my way around the circuit.
But obviously if you want to skip the round, you are ofcause in a position to do so.

Joe Nathan

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
I havent been driving this track in real life, but i have been in simracing and i could find my way around the circuit.
But obviously if you want to skip the round, you are ofcause in a position to do so.
Yeah, I've been sim racing, too. Thanks.

Anyways, Assetto Corsa has a laser scanned version of this circuit. This version being used for VLMS? Not even close.

Yes, I prefer accuracy.

Lukas Wirtz

SR.C License 4
Yeah, I've been sim racing, too. Thanks.

Anyways, Assetto Corsa has a laser scanned version of this circuit. This version being used for VLMS? Not even close.

Yes, I prefer accuracy.
The version suggested by Shawn is a conversion of that Assetto Corsa track you mention, exactly like the Imola track. As Jimmy said also the same modder. If bugs are occuring I would like to stay on the current track as it isn't pretty but so far working.

AC might have a laser scanned track - and someone might have stolen it and converted it to other games - good for him but it's coming nowhere near our servers sorry.

Joe Nathan

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
I thought it was a conversion, but not 100% sure of it.

Anyways, that being said, I'm shocked at the substandard quality of the track mod. That's all. I would rather race somewhere else, and I love the Red Bull Ring.

Besides that, I'll leave it there.

Craig Woollard

SR.C License 4
The current version is certainly a very different Red Bull Ring to the one I am familiar with, although I'm unsure of just how the track was back in 2012 in terms of hills and so forth. Either way, I'll just drive whatever.

If there is a change, just make it sooner rather than later please.

If there is a change, just make it sooner rather than later please
There won't be - I thought I made myself clear about using stolen content ;)
This is the track we have - perhaps not ideal - but we need to use different tracks once in a while ;)

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Yeah definitely stolen content, I went and checked out the AC version and it's indentical including cranes etc. So apologies for posting @Jimmi Allison I will remove the links.

Joonas Raivio

SR.C License 4
As much as I like nice graphics I'd still choose fps/perfomance over eye candy. Still makes me thinking that if theres really no realistic/optimised track for A1ring (and trust me its one of my favorite tracks) why use it? There must be track to replace it. *couch Road America couch*

Anyway I gotta say that not going for that AC conversation was a good choice, fps of imola was horrific, dont wanna have that experience again. :p

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
As much as I like nice graphics I'd still choose fps/perfomance over eye candy. Still makes me thinking that if theres really no realistic/optimised track for A1ring (and trust me its one of my favorite tracks) why use it? There must be track to replace it. *couch Road America couch*

Anyway I gotta say that not going for that AC conversation was a good choice, fps of imola was horrific, dont wanna have that experience again. :p
God I wish!!! Road America is by far one of the very best tracks on rfactor2, I would be over the moon if we switched from this track to road America. It ain't happening I know, but seriously would be awesome if we did! Multiclass heaven!

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Is it possible to get a dry server up possibly with a lot of rubber. I am not sure I buy the forecast of -5 and snow :D

Is track limit rules final?

Last edited:

Joonas Raivio

SR.C License 4
Is it possible to get a dry server up possibly with a lot of rubber. I am not sure I buy the forecast of -5 and snow :D

Is track limit rules final?
Who simply doesn't like snow/rain? Please let me continue my drifting session, and don't dare to take away my snow tires..:sneaky::giggle: