What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R3 - Salzburgring

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:35 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules: Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited by a moderator:
[Parsehtml]
<iframe id="forecast_embed" type="text/html" frameborder="0" height="245"
width="100%"
src="http://forecast.io/embed/#lat=47.823981&lon=13.173706&name=Salzburgring&color=#FF0000&font=Exo&units=uk"></iframe>[/Parsehtml]

Last edited:
salz.png

Another race with interesting weather conditions.. or not. We'll see :) Some forecast says might rain and other that it will not rain.

once I knock off work in two hours Ill only have the offical practice sessions before the race. Shame I haven't had the time to do some testing as Ive been busy non stop with work but hey, without the pay, I can't play

Would someone please explain, how do I see what kind of weather is in session when I'm in the garage menu. I can see info when I'm in a car but I cant find it in garage. Does it stay mainly the same as in qualy or does/could it change drasticly from session to session? I'm new to rf2 and was a bit confused just before the start of the race on Road America, as I couldn't determinate what kind of weather is waiting for me :D

You can see live track from the monitor when you're out of the car. It likely plays back the replay by default, but if you click on the monitor and press Esc it will jump to live view.

And weather can change quite rapidly. Of course it will always take some time for track surface go from dry to wet (depending on how heavy the rain is) and vice versa (depending on how hot it is and how many cars are running)

Sorry I missed the race, I made a blunder and didn't account for the time zones. It's only 8:19 here :(

Hello everyone
Just to say that i was disqualified when i was on the last lap to do the drive thru, but i didnt realise the pitlane entry was after the star/fininsh line, so disqualified. My bad. Best of luck to all.
Tiago Castro

I decided to retire as I was so far off the pace McLaren would of been "and we thought we were slow" haha . I just couldn't set up the car no matter how hard I tried. I'm sorry for causing both code 60's as I was trying my hardest to match everyone's pace but if you look at the positive at least it gave everyone some practice in handling code 60's but that still doesn't make up for my poor performance.
All my performances from other leagues have really added up to nothing in my opinion but I am keeping positive in saying I need to work harder to be better with my driving style and how to set up the car.
I do look forward to the next season of the academy to improve myself overall.

Q: pushed as hard as i could, i knew had about a second in the time i'd posted and managed to pull it off. I knew that i'd never match the top guys so just wanted to get as close to the top 10 as possible.

R: played it safe for the start to be quite honest, had a great battle with Dani, both before the code 80's and after. Pitted and put what i thought would be enough fuel, but that turned out to be about 5 minutes short. Had a great battle with Tortella, Bollwinkel and Zupan, shame about the incident but was really fun to be a part of. Had to splash and dash and managed to come home 12th. Not too bad but disappointed as I could have been a bit higher.

Thanks for the great racing :)

Matt