What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R3 - Road Atlanta

Oh my word lol
Happy end of season everyone.
So someone said that cutting was rewarded? My accidental cuts and off track excursions in the rain= 2x10 second stop n go 1 x 20 zecond stop n go 1x50 second stop n go.

2 pit stops for tyres. 1st time because i balded one tyre (which let to said off track excursion).

Final insult..getting stuck in a sand pit lol thought id broken one of simracing rules (excess sand on board?) as i was getting repeated weight penalties only for me to realise the guys were trying to weigh down my rear axel. Thanks for taking pity.i hope it gave some entertainment!!! :)

Positives? A great track in the dry and plenty of opportunities to show i can do safe pit entry without crossing the blend lines (which i was allowed to cross at this track anyway lol)
Oh dear. Looked fun at the front anyway.cheers

I punted around a couple of backmarkers and that's 100% my fault. Not very clean racing :( Sorry
Lol no worries. I did laugh tho. I had ur post in my head...you know, the one they were asking for a sticky of?
So i got spun out following your advice and then i scrolled up in the menu to see who it was:eek::coffee:;)

Lol no worries. I did laugh tho. I had ur post in my head...you know, the one they were asking for a sticky of?
So i got spun out following your advice and then i scrolled up in the menu to see who it was:eek::coffee:;)
Good thing I never claimed to be flawless :p

Quite disappointed today...

No previous experience with rF2 on the wet, my setup was a real mess and I discovered it when, after just few laps, I've lost control of my car... then, some damage and some non intentional cut, caused by the loss of control, but the game considered them as intentional cuts, don't really get why anyway...

My race got interesting when I tried to chase those ones that had lapped me, actually managing to regain some position.

Not much more to say really, it was a "strange" race but I didn't lose the hope and wanted to finish it, as usual.

Goodnight!

Well that positively sucked. It was raining , all my practise was in the dry and I actually had some pace before the rain came :(

Race started ok, got to 9th pretty quickly after losing a few positions at the start by clipping a curb and nearly spinning. Went alright after that but the tires were wearing down pretty quickly as I haven't really raced in the rain before and don't know how to handle it. So I pitted after 30 minutes for some new fronts thinking that'll help but the good grip at the front meant I kept oversteering lol! Wasn't too bad tbh but then a dry line started to appear once it stopped raining about 30 minutes to the end. Thought I'd be cheeky and pitted for drys. Came out the pits, spun and picked up a stop/go for track limits on re-entry!! Served my penalty and straightaway received another the next lap. So I was fine with the pit lane but not the track it seems haha

After that it was good, was going reasonably quickly with the dry line so I felt a little better. Then it rained again with 5 minutes to go! Bugger it. Stayed out though cos blow me if I was going in the pits again. Guys in front were a lap ahead and guys behind were 2 laps down.

Finished in 11th. Not happy but I think I was good in letting leaders through and re-entry after my mistakes.

Well done again to the guys on the podium, no idea how you are so fast in the rain. Felt like I was driving on ice half the time. Wet track practise for me methinks....

I know its only been a few hours since the race but geez I`m dying to know how badly I have been penalized and if I get a license upgrade.

Admins, don`t take this as a pressure post, just being active on the forum ;)
I think for a bit of fun, the admins should do that race in full wet and we get to watch? I will lead sand bag/weight penalties, maybe you can do code 80 and tero can do pit lane monitoring. Who would win do you reckon?

I think for a bit of fun, the admins should do that race in full wet and we get to watch? I will lead sand bag/weight penalties, maybe you can do code 80 and tero can do pit lane monitoring. Who would win do you reckon?

Haha now that would be fun!

Haven't been here long enough to know the admins that well. For the code 80 i`ll make the speed limit just below the limiter so say 3 km/h below, that way you could hand the penalties out think and fast :p:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: (not that they do anyway)

Haha now that would be fun!

Haven't been here long enough to know the admins that well. For the code 80 i`ll make the speed limit just below the limiter so say 3 km/h below, that way you could hand the penalties out think and fast :p:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: (not that they do anyway)
I've discovered that if you put the speed limiter in a downhill and you insert an high gear the s.l. won't actually limit your speed :/

I've discovered that if you put the speed limiter in a downhill and you insert an high gear the s.l. won't actually limit your speed :/
I think that it's due to the speed limiter only being able to cut throttle, and the car wont have enough engine breaking if the hill is too steep :)

Yes..and i found that if you alternate between 1st and 2nd you can consistenly gain 1kph which would all add up. Obviously i didnt use this in srca races but weird.

@Matej Lakota and me are well known in VEC for our speed in the rain but I think Matej is too old to keep up with me now

PS; I would love to race in these academy races but someone needs to type in all the penalties ;)

Last edited:
@Matej Lakota and me are well known in VEC for our speed in the rain but I think Matej is too old to keep up with me now

PS; I would love to race in these academy races but someone needs to type in all the penalties ;)

Well as Directors/Admins you know all the rules so no penalties should have to be given so nothing to write ;).

Would be cool to maybe switch things around a little.....

Apologies to @Andrew Ford and @Toz Almeida for contact in the race. Almost put Toz in the wall!! :O It looks really bad in replay but honestly the situation surprised me as it happened. But definitely should've paid more attention.
Edit: Having thought about it, there was a situation before between us that left me to recover from grass, so maybe it was karma :p

And TWO apologies to @Luis Fernandes for TWO different punts! What a messy race :(

Last edited:
Out of curiosity how long does it normally take for the licenses to be finalised? Not pushing whatsoever, just wondering if I'll need to sign up for the next season or not?