What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R3 - Road Atlanta

It's not allowed in any series here as the rules clearly state. Whether you gain or lose time is irrelevant. And if you do it, you will be penalised.

So, if someone drives this line in VEC or VLMS and gains time, no investigation follows? But if someone is doing this in L5 races it is frowned upon? :D Hypocrisy!
Well I would say we have stewards watching VLMS and VEC races as well. But going off like this for anyone during a race will not be penalised.
If it's done frequently then yes expect a penalty in any series.

It is with great regret that I will not be able to participate in the last race of srca in Road Atlanta, my son is years old and it will be difficult to be present during race time. Thank you... André Araújo

looking forward to this one -i think i should be able to nail pit entry this time!
I've never seen or read anything about blend lines on pit entrance anywhere in my sim racing career until I came to simracing club. I've always understood and read that you can't cross them on pit exit as it's dangerous and you can gain a time advantage but i thought i'd seen cars cross them to make last minute pit entrances. my bad. anyway, i'm looking forward to a clean race and to prove that i now understand.
see you on track guys

I'm not going to be able to attend this race. Have to work late tomorrow. It's probably for the best given my performance in the last one. Sorry to whomever I crashed into at the start of the last one.

looking forward to this one -i think i should be able to nail pit entry this time!
I've never seen or read anything about blend lines on pit entrance anywhere in my sim racing career until I came to simracing club. I've always understood and read that you can't cross them on pit exit as it's dangerous and you can gain a time advantage but i thought i'd seen cars cross them to make last minute pit entrances. my bad. anyway, i'm looking forward to a clean race and to prove that i now understand.
see you on track guys

There are exceptions of course. If you crash and end up on the wrong side of the pit entry line you can of course get to the pits as it is safer than driving the whole lap with a damaged car but not crossing pit entry line has always been in the rules of SRCA.
In real life they don't apply that rule very often but F1 does it in Austria and Interlagos for example and we think in order to deserve license 4 a driver needs to be able to adapt to potentially new rules.

. Ive always been an f1 fan first and foremost and there doesn't seem to be a lot out there about put entry blend lines.however i will adapt tonight and if i dont..u can call me "stupid" lol

There are exceptions of course. If you crash and end up on the wrong side of the pit entry line you can of course get to the pits as it is safer than driving the whole lap with a damaged car but not crossing pit entry line has always been in the rules of SRCA.
In real life they don't apply that rule very often but F1 does it in Austria and Interlagos for example and we think in order to deserve license 4 a driver needs to be able to adapt to potentially new rules.
I'm just going to act stupid and ask: is it allowed to cross the dotted line in SR.C. :p

In the past it was allowed to cross dotted lines, not sure if Road Atlanta has a dotted pit entry line.
I can't speak for all SRCA moderators so if you ask when you are on the server before the race we can tell you for sure.

And if in doubt it doesn't hurt to not cut across it :D

I am checking pitlane violations and dotted line is allowed to cross, but I will penalize if you will cross where it becomes full line.
Somewhere you even have to cross dotted line if you want to pit, like in Barcelona.
barca.jpg

Hey guys. Its says server opens at 7pm. With daylight changes is this 7pm gmt or 8pm gmt?thanks

Made a real mess of it early on and lost any chance to fight for the win. Took a risk with slicks as I was sure they would be faster already but... how to overtake when it's wet outside the racing line!? Well I'm not quite accurate enough driver to stay in the dry line as well as I should :D Also overtaking was next to impossible. Unless you could do it in a straight line.

But it was a ton of fun since it's been ages since I've driven with slicks on a drying track. Clearly I need the practice :p