What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R3 - Road Atlanta

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30
Weather forecast: Click here

Race schedule:
19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:35 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Event on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rf2SRCA
Flag rules: Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited by a moderator:
[Parsehtml]
<iframe id="forecast_embed" type="text/html" frameborder="0" height="245"
width="100%"
src="http://forecast.io/embed/#lat=34.1435425&lon=-83.8158445&name=Road Atlanta&color=#FF0000&font=Georgia&units=uk"></iframe>[/Parsehtml]

The thread regarding round three, is locked so this is why I have created a new thread.
As the title says, I am out for R3. Good luck everyone.

See you in season 7

I've got couple of concerns regarding the track we're using:
1) I believe there should be massive anti-cut's installed @ T3, "The Esses" section, and also for the final corner.
2) I've had lap times deleted, that were perfectly abiding the track limits @ T3, T5.

These issues are quite unexpected as they were hinted in the previous academy race thread.

NB! Also, please open the race topic for casual members. ;)

Could you send a video of you getting a track cut when you shouldn't?

I've got couple of concerns regarding the track we're using:
1) I believe there should be massive anti-cut's installed @ T3, "The Esses" section, and also for the final corner.
2) I've had lap times deleted, that were perfectly abiding the track limits @ T3, T5.
Well we raced there last season in the 370Z and afaik there were no issues.

Bonkers, watched the replay afterwards, and it seems there is no problem with the track limits.
But I still stand on introducing the anti-cuts @ The Esses and inside T3, T5 & T12.

1200px-Road_Atlanta_track_map.svg.png

It's pretty difficult to get away with cheating on purpose. Ie. someone will always see you. And also if you do that you don't get above L5 in license, so it's a good idea to stick to the rules. That btw do not allow you to mow lawn no matter how much of a landscaping artist you are! :D

True, in the growing process from licence 5 to licence 4 we are looking about driver s manners, gentleman behaviour and ability to avoid cheating even if he knows how and where to do it much more than where he finishes the race.

So what you mean is that you win time going on onto the grass?
If you do...or dont, dont go off onto the grass. The track wont be updated as it has worked fine for both VEC and VLMS
Also all tracks do have a small room for error, if it didnt allow this to be used at some point, people would then turn the other way and complain that it is to harsch... So either way it's a matter of drivers not going off track :)

So, if someone drives this line in VEC or VLMS and gains time, no investigation follows? But if someone is doing this in L5 races it is frowned upon? :D Hypocrisy!

unfortunately i wont be at this race my old G27 pedals have given up on me so im left without a brake pedal :(. I should be back in a few weeks though because i was already saving for a set of Heusinkveld Pro pedals so ill be back once ive gotten them:)
Good luck to everyone who is racing at Road Atlanta :thumbsup: (y)