What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R2 - Montreal

3 cuts in the chicane (doh...) give me a penalty, which I clear one lap before pit stops. I noticed in Suzuka that tyre change and refuelling were simultaneous, so I thought it would be pointless not to change tyres anyway :) (pity Kasper ^^).
Haha, yeah I got the same penalty too! A bit disappointed with that as I haven't had any issues with cut tracks in all my time in SRCA (since S3!). I was just a bit careless and tbh the limit where the cut is detected in the chicane is a bit hard to see exactly with so many edges and colors of kerbs and it's a pretty hectic spot!

And been there with the tyre strategy too! :D First season with Camaro and Estoril race I simply forgot that the same strategy as with Nissan 370Z (fuel only) wouldn't work as well. So I defended my position for 15 minutes at the end of the race!

Arh what the hell, I'll chime in aswell with my PoV.

Man.. That qualifying @Quentin Benoit... I was down going into the last chicane and then just decided to go for it. Man that felt good coming across the line with 0.001s to spare!

Me typing '#Rekt' in the chat, soon got rectified as I FORGOT to click 'race' after the warmup... I've almost never been so angry with myself. Oh well, that's karma I guess? :Cry: :crying::eek::rolleyes:

So I had a pretty rough start, really just trying to lay back and not screw up. But ofcourse I get too anxious and made a few mistakes that cost me time and tyres. I was driving around on Hex nuts for about half an hour when the 2nd code 80 came at PERFECT time. I was driving out of the hairpin when it was announced. So I essentially got a free pit-stop from that. I filled the car to 100 liters again, and put on fresh rubber. And I finished 4th with 0.4 of a lap, worth of fuel, left.

@Tero Dahlberg and I had a few interresting laps but I managed to screw it up into turn 1 :(

Those cut tracks on the chicane were pretty dangerous, and the fact that I managed to 'only' get 2 warnings and not a drive-through really helped me catching up to Tero, in hindsight. But, if I hadn't made the mistakes I did make on my own, I'd like to think I could've challenged properly for 1st.

I must say, after Suzuka, I wasn't too confident I could challenge you guys on pace, but I'm really happy that I put in the practice to be competitive.

Anyways.. Great race guys, congratz Quentin with the win and a special shout out to @Kasper Stoltze for racing without any assists and still have the pace that he did.

Just to touch on the TC and ABS point -
ABS helps me be more consistent, but in VEC and VLMS we don't allow ABS since it's not allowed in real life either.
TC really improves my pace is the longer corners, you can really use it to push the car around but I often dislike TC in the slower corners. That's why I have 'override TC' bound to a button on my wheel and I use that in the corners where TC is too intrusive.

ABS helps me be more consistent, but in VEC and VLMS we don't allow ABS since it's not allowed in real life either.
TC really improves my pace is the longer corners, you can really use it to push the car around but I often dislike TC in the slower corners. That's why I have 'override TC' bound to a button on my wheel and I use that in the corners where TC is too intrusive.
Yea, I do prefere racing without assists too, but I'm just not as consistent without them.
ABS for me, can sometimes ruin the feel I have for the brakes aswell, as you can usually just go absolutely bonkers on brakes when you have ABS. Either way, I always prepare a car without ABS first, and get to the limit of tracking on fronts and rears, before I turn on ABS and tweak it from there.

As for TC, meh - It helped me alot on Montreal this time around. It's difficult to get a consistent launch out of the hairpin without it. Also T2 it helped a bunch with taking care of the rears, but didn't get much speed from it.

I'll defenitly look into using the 'override TC' feature you mention. :) Thanks for the tip!

I don't know how those cars are set regarding TC options. But in general with rF2 cars TC and ABS just engage too early so you lose a lot of time with them even if improves tyre life. With the Camaro I have set TC to "minimal" in Tuning menu. I forget exactly which way the naming goes but I think "Agressive" is the least intrusive setting. And then I uses "Low" when it's dry and "Med" when it's wet.

I don't know how those cars are set regarding TC options. But in general with rF2 cars TC and ABS just engage too early so you lose a lot of time with them even if improves tyre life. With the Camaro I have set TC to "minimal" in Tuning menu. I forget exactly which way the naming goes but I think "Agressive" is the least intrusive setting. And then I uses "Low" when it's dry and "Med" when it's wet.
EDIT: Doh, I might need glasses!

Last edited: