What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R1 - Suzuka

if we start blaming people who make a simple mistake like going too fast into a corner we would never be able to stop, would we?
IMO no driver was reckless in turn 1. Tero went in a bit too quick and had a slide, so did Quentin. He was unlucky enough to be unable to safe the car. There was no one going into the corner like a maniac. There were some taps by others but suzuka is a narrow track. Tough luck, that happens when 30 cars go into the same corner, being 4 wide on some occasions.

That's the wrong attitude if you want to do multiclass racing. You will always be involved in incidents even if you are the safest driver in the world. Always think of what you could have done better to prevent damage eventhough it might not have been your fault.

Last edited:
@Florian Koetz
I am not blaming anyone in my post. I wasn't personal. I just saw the replay and i have to agree that nobody was reckless. It was just a race incident. Next time i will wait 24 hours and look at a replay before i post anything stupid. In my case if i looked more forward i could maybe prevent this collision.

From my side this issue is closed now :)

Next time im defenitly turn OFF TrackMap plugin. My P13 goes OFF like that:

4wide:thumbsup: (y):
rfactor2-2017-05-10-22-5.jpg

No - but the freezes disappear 95% when plugins are disabled, just sayin'

Still waiting on a "report" from s397
But also, just saying, I have several plugins running and no freezes. I've also used TrackMap for some time and didn't get any freezes at the time. Not using it anymore though because I like V-HUD more. And there are people who run no 3rd party plugins and still get freezes.

So there's definitely more to it, like @Tomas Beha said. Sadly it's a very elusive issue to track down :/

But also, just saying, I have several plugins running and no freezes. I've also used TrackMap for some time and didn't get any freezes at the time. Not using it anymore though because I like V-HUD more. And there are people who run no 3rd party plugins and still get freezes.

So there's definitely more to it, like @Tomas Beha said. Sadly it's a very elusive issue to track down :/
But I will let the numbers speak for itself :) also not everyone has a fully capable computer which also could be an issue etc etc. But funny fact - my guess is that (as said before) 95% of the freezes disappeared after removing trackmap.

My question is it worth it going to dx11? With no pluggins that work is it still better or whats your guys views on this?

My question is it worth it going to dx11? With no pluggins that work is it still better or whats your guys views on this?

Depends what content you use for driving, if it's already dx11 optimized go for it. If not, wait :)

And yeah other thing is the plugins, rf2 default hud is pretty poor. So trackmap or similar is nice to have.

I think DX11 should be okay race with. I haven't heard of any stability issues or things like that. The only thing really is lack of plugins that render on screen. Assuming you miss or want the information they provide. Or rather how they provide it.

Of course plugins that do not render on screen works just fine on DX11. For example CrewChief, Z1 Dashboard and things that let you display info/dashes on mobile devices.

I had stutters ONLY when people left the server, this was consistant every time.
Not sure why, i have suspected the Motec plugin, but not so sure at this point.

Ran Motec and V-hud, on suzuka.

Could be due to the mod
rf2 likes to freeze if ppl join or leave if the mod has upgrades that you can select in the tuning menu

Also the "leave freezes" is something I haven't experienced. Can't help but think that those and the other freeze issue are somehow connected.

I run a few plugins but I also use a program called JetBoost to close unnecessary programs and services running on my system while I race. I think those kind of programs claim to boost performance, which I have never seen per se. But what the closing of certain services and programs does is reduce or even get rid of stuttering and freezes and such.

For the curious, the 3rd party plugins that I run are:
- V-HUD
- Curs-o-radar
- CrewChief
- Z1 Dash
- PedalOverlay
- SharedMemoryMap
- DAMPlugin (Motec)

yeah so far I only experienced rejoin freezes aswell but I heard others report them before Joakim