What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Questions

Reaction score
I've read the guides and tried to change my name but when I do it changes back once I launch the game even though when I change my name and nickname in userdata/player/player.JSON I reopen it to double check it saved.

Are we meant to drive with paddles, sequential shifter, or H style shifter?

Rules around difficulty settings?
I've read the rules and it never mentions and rules around difficulty settings.

What does Ignition do?

When it says the weather forecast will be live weather conditions from the track what does it mean?
are you monitoring the weather and location of the real track and changing the weather according to it?.

Sorry if any of these are stupid questions never done any sim racing prior to this and trying to learn what's going on gotta start somewhere I guess.

Well here is a list of answers:
You can change your name in the launcher of rFactor 2 - click your name in the top right corner.
You can choose whatever shifter you want
Difficuilty level? really hard to say, you are allowed TC to medium, opponents strength depends on who you are racing ;)
Ignition is the one that has to be on before you can start the car..like when you turn the key in your own car one click.
Live weather monitors the weather on the track and sends it to the server within a couple of minutes.

Can I still sign up to the academy? I see 39 signups in total on the signup thread but I see it's closed on the front page.