What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Question about licensing system

Martijn Joon

Reaction score
hi all,

First of all: nice place you guys have set up! Looks really professional!
I have a question about the licensing system. I understand that i first need to participate in the Academy series. But as this being held during the week and i'm having night shifts also i can not participate in all season. How do i get the needed license to go into the Le Mans series?

Thamks in advance!
Martijn

Thanks for the quick reply Matej.
I can also run the Academy series but not all races in the season. Is that a problem?

No, two races you need to finish, then you can progress to L4. There are some other factors of course, but two finished races are required in first place.

When you are in License 4, you can opt to run another season of SRCA if you want, but when you are in L4 teams in VEC and VLMS are allowed to sign you up.

Question - theoretically speaking are a group of L4 drivers allowed to create a new team? Failing that can a single L1/2/3 driver recruit a group of L4 drivers to a brand new team (entry spaces permitting)?

There are only teams in VLMS and VEC which require License 3 or higher so, no to you first question, and your second question, yes potentially, however this would have to be decided and signed up at the beginning of the season for the series this team would be wanting to enter.

I have one more question related to this topic. I'm sorry if it's explained elsewhere, I could not find it. Once a driver obtains L4 he/she is free to continue racing in SRCA, however in doing so, does that count towards progressing to L3?

Once a driver obtains L4 he/she is free to continue racing in SRCA, however in doing so, does that count towards progressing to L3?

License 4 entitles you to race in the SRCA again or enter a GT300 in the VSGT. The only way you can currently progress up to license 3 and beyond is by signing with a team running in the VLMS or VEC. Continued participation in the SRCA provides no official benefit to progressing to the next license. However, it's the best way to get yourself noticed by a VLMS or VEC team.