What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Problem with license for rfactor 2 for steam

Daryl Russell

Reaction score
Hi all
First off i know about not updating to steam version to race here but unfortunately my new driver went ahead and purchased rfactor2 on steam. Been a real headache because apart from refunding from Steam which looks the way to go he cannot use his license for say on a build 946 directly off the rfactor website. He has checked on ISI forums and it looks like he gonna be stuck with the steam version .

He deleted the steam version and downloaded the build 946, clean install and went to go online and it said his account has expired.??

Can anyone help as i really want to help him get set up as hoping to be getting him to drive from Daytona onwards

Thanks
Daryl

Hi all
First off i know about not updating to steam version to race here but unfortunately my new driver went ahead and purchased rfactor2 on steam. Been a real headache because apart from refunding from Steam which looks the way to go he cannot use his license for say on a build 946 directly off the rfactor website. He has checked on ISI forums and it looks like he gonna be stuck with the steam version .

He deleted the steam version and downloaded the build 946, clean install and went to go online and it said his account has expired.??

Can anyone help as i really want to help him get set up as hoping to be getting him to drive from Daytona onwards

Well if all goes well we´re on the new build in january/february when we are going to Daytona. BUT
If he wants to be running before, then he needs to buy a version through the normal procedure.

Since the steam version isent too expensive, i would recommend people to get it and get used to how it works, i have both versions and it really works well (workshop etc).

He is onto to it Jimmi i see if they will give him the refund i will keep you posted or better still i see if he can post up on here his outcome of it all

He is onto to it Jimmi i see if they will give him the refund i will keep you posted or better still i see if he can post up on here his outcome of it all
I´ll say he shouldnt, the new build we are getting within the next couple of days (unstable) will be very close on being perfect (i hope) which means Interlagos will probably be the last race on 946.
After that, i suggest that we are going to test all unstable (just the normal endurance stuff) and help with trace logs - in that case we can show if there is anything alarming which means there wont be released anything with endurance bugs.

Worste case - i have a key (1 year) if everything fails ;-)