What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Preseason 2 - 2 hours of Silverstone

Zdenek Smarda

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
i too seem to have a lod error with the senna.
very often sennas are white liveried, other times a big yellow blob.
but atleast it helps me identify what missile is behind me. :)

If you talk LOD -> BMW has problem with LOD. From far has white place around back Licence Plate. :-D Look to Zanshoo from External CAM from FAR...

Cosimo Streppone

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison Please, i have big questions... and i think - this question is interesting for other Aston Martin teams....

We have same this problem in Le Mans, but in LM we changing rear wing in pit stops... but in Silverstone not.... so..

@Michal Sedlacek go to the pits. Have ready crew pit stops. Michal set full tank, change tires and swap for me... Results? 94 seconds in pits and drop to last position. Without damage, without changing wings, grill tape.... standard pitstop...

We saw others teams and all cars has pitstop 72 +/- sec long... only SECORA (AMR) and our team 92 sec....

I saw MAS file and i saw upgrades setting (VEC Tweaks) and all car has the same, but i dont know why, Aston Martin is 20 second longer in pits... :(
I don't know if this answers your question, but the AMR has a big fuel tank, with a few liters more than the other cars, except the BMW. If you fill your tank to 100%, that takes more time than if you calculate only the fuel you need to get to the next stint (f.ex. if you had three drivers in your team, you didn't need full tanks).
Hope this helps.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison Please, i have big questions... and i think - this question is interesting for other Aston Martin teams....
Another team mentioned this already, it has the same amount of fuel rate as the other cars, the tank has 5 more liters of capacity, meaning less than 2 seconds. But that doesen´t sound like the other issue that was posted where it was 15-20 seconds slower. Which i find highly unlikely. But again i need steps to reproduce this, i only see the 1.x seconds during fueling.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
i too seem to have a lod error with the senna.
very often sennas are white liveried, other times a big yellow blob.
but atleast it helps me identify what missile is behind me. :)
At VEC? white livery seems to be when users transfer skins and something is wrong, perhaps its due to your PC cant load the liveries (now im just guessing)
Yellow blob is just a temp car, if you get that and you are not in practice something is seriously wrong, never heard that before.

Zdenek Smarda

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Another team mentioned this already, it has the same amount of fuel rate as the other cars, the tank has 5 more liters of capacity, meaning less than 2 seconds. But that doesen´t sound like the other issue that was posted where it was 15-20 seconds slower. Which i find highly unlikely. But again i need steps to reproduce this, i only see the 1.x seconds during fueling.

I think problem maybe with Driver Change... but i know - Upgrade file is the same for all cars... fuel is not problem - 5l is only few seconds, not 20 - if i have good brain, i saw 2,xx liters per second, so i dont know why.

I test yesterday pit stops in Singleplayer and BMW and AMR is same pit stop time - Changing tires and refuelling from 2L to max... We can do more test today (i hope) on the server...

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I think problem maybe with Driver Change... but i know - Upgrade file is the same for all cars... fuel is not problem - 5l is only few seconds, not 20 - if i have good brain, i saw 2,xx liters per second, so i dont know why.

I test yesterday pit stops in Singleplayer and BMW and AMR is same pit stop time - Changing tires and refuelling from 2L to max... We can do more test today (i hope) on the server...
As you´ve then seen in the files, driver swap is set to be simultaneously with fuel, so if lets say you have to fill up 10 liters of fuel it will take longer to swap drivers - hense 20 seconds. But sure give me steps to reproduce and i will have a look.

Karl Steeg

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
At VEC? white livery seems to be when users transfer skins and something is wrong, perhaps its due to your PC cant load the liveries (now im just guessing)
Yellow blob is just a temp car, if you get that and you are not in practice something is seriously wrong, never heard that before.
yes sir, was during practice for both le mans and silverstone that ive seen white and yellow cars, select cars in pits and the car loads correctly.
saw white cars in le mans race, no yellow cars.
im not phased thou, have my settings on low to aid fps

Zdenek Smarda

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison Test Pit Stops:

Test 1 - Fill full tank, Change tires, Swap
AMR:
Start:
5 litres
Pit stop: Fill to 100L + Change tires + Swap drivers
Counting: Fuel 35sec, Tires 38sec, Drivers 20sec = Total 93sec
Video: youtu.be/H8TQomhqy2s?t=205

BMW:
Start:
5 litres
Pit stop: Fill to 95L + Change tires + Swap drivers
Counting: Fuel 34sec, Tires 38sec, Drivers 0sec = Total 72sec
Video: youtu.be/H8TQomhqy2s?t=812

Result: AMR has slower pitstop - 21 sec more.

Test 2 - Fill full tank, Change tires, Change Rear Wing, Swap
AMR:
Start:
5 litres
Pit stop: Fill to 100L + Change tires + Change Rear Wing + Swap drivers
Counting: Fuel 34sec, Tires 38sec, Drivers 20sec, Rear Wing 5sec = Total 97sec
Video: youtu.be/83bJXiCv1Kw?t=122

BMW:
Start:
5 litres
Pit stop: Fill to 95L + Change tires + Change Rear Wing + Swap drivers
Counting: Fuel 34sec, Tires 38 sec, Drivers 0 sec, Rear Wing 0sec = Total 72 sec
Video: youtu.be/83bJXiCv1Kw?t=336

Result: AMR has slower pitstop - 25 sec more.
Change wing give 5 sec more for AMR pit time, BMW changing wing together with tires or fuel or drivers swap.

Test 3 - Change Tires and Fill full tank
AMR:
Start:
5 litres
Pit stop: Fill to 100L + Change tires
Counting: Fuel 34sec, Tires 38sec = Total 72sec
Video: youtu.be/DLnJDFBd7XY?t=301

BMW:
Start:
5 litres
Pit stop: Fill to 95L + Change tires
Counting: Fuel 35sec, Tires 38sec = Total 73sec
Video: youtu.be/DLnJDFBd7XY?t=130

Result: AMR has quicker pitstop - 1 sec less.

TEST RESULTS: AMR has bad set DRIVER SWAP - this is special time to the pit time! :(

Last edited:

James Andrew

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Zdenek Smarda Did you upgrade your account to include the press-and-release seat swap package? Rumor has it this saves about 20 seconds of driver swapping.
That's harsh, Yoeri. I mean, the guy has run all these tests and is going insane with frustration and you calmly drop that message in response? Oof. Cold.

OK. Maybe slightly amusing. But harsh!

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score

AMR:
Start:
5 litres

BMW:
Start:
5 litres

AMR:
Start:
5 litres

BMW:
Start:
5 litres
Counting: Fuel 34sec, Tires 38 sec, Drivers 0 sec, Rear Wing 0sec = Total 72 sec

Change wing give 5 sec more for AMR pit time, BMW changing wing together with tires or fuel or drivers swap.

AMR:
Start:
5 litres

BMW:
Start:
5 litres

TEST RESULTS: AMR has bad set DRIVER SWAP - this is special time to the pit time! :(
Thats one productive test, thank you. I will review - though as you stated yourself VEC files are identical.

Simon Marshall

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
274 Aston had this extra time also, but was less of a problem over the ghost driver swap

Daniel Monteiro

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score

AMR:
Start:
5 litres

BMW:
Start:
5 litres

AMR:
Start:
5 litres

BMW:
Start:
5 litres

AMR:
Start:
5 litres

BMW:
Start:
5 litres

Amazing testing Zdenek, really appreciated!

Just one thing: have you tried testing just a driver swap, and nothing else? I presume the times should be identical (I have not tested it), which could mean that the Aston Martin does not have the driver swap concurrent with fuel/tyres. But I could be wrong.

Ben Kay

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Can confirm 276 Aston stop (fill fuel, tyres, driver swap) was also 92 seconds or so.