What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Preseason 2 - 2 hours of Silverstone

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Had to leave to buy a closet for my daughter from the IKEA after the race, but just got back. We had an ok-ish race. @Alex Salmon did an awesome qualifying P7 if I'm correct. He had had great pace throughout his first stint. Until he was pushed off traffic, rejoined as last Senna on track and than his Rift crashed. We had to pull the plug and reconnect to the server. By that time we were like 3 or 4 laps down the leading Senna. Alex had to shortly do an extra pitstop as our car still had damage after the reconnect to the server. Than I took over for the last 55 minutes. Although we were several laps down I had fun crawling back from P37 to P21 going through the GTE field. Not much going on, just doing my laps and cutting through traffic as fast and safe as possible.

The game was quite stable, until I got the horrible "VR content loading" screen going (really RF2, this still happening?) down the S/F straight. I had just overtaken Porsche #89 and went all the way to the right. When I got the game back, the Porsche #89 and the trailing Senna had passed me. To Porsche #89, I hope we didn't make contact as I was running all the way on the right side of the track and tried to give you as much room as possible with the "VR content loading" screen in my Index. I didn't have any damage, but somehow I felt a short wobble in my steering during the "VR content loading" screen.

Thanx @Alex Salmon and @Tom Young for helping me out during my stint with race engineering stuff and all. Was great company!

And now I have to go back to building an IKEA closet for my daughter,

David Antonaya

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hi all!
I would like to remember that the faster class has to respect the lower class on track. Their cars are superior and they should to overtake carefully, so please take care about this. Im talking in general because several lmp2 did it along the whole race. I know that they are fighting but the gte as well, so please management the traffic. We suffer several dive bombs when they can go wide.
Lets go to season 12!

Alexander Jones

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Overall a good preseason for us in the #284 SpeedyMite BMW with a 2nd at Le Mans and a 3rd here at Silverstone despite a couple of spins.

I'd invite anyone really to take a look at laps 6 through 8 for the top 5 Hypercars in Division 2 as they aggressively moved through GTE traffic the first time. I understand the urgency to try and make it to Div1, but this kind of behavior is more worthy of Div4 multiclass racing... Things weren't much better on the 2nd and 3rd passthroughs either. I believe the lead car made contact with me each time. Some ridiculous moves such as trying to pass mid-corner through Maggotts-Becketts and dive-bombing into turn 1. Really hope people calm down some for the 4 hours in a few weeks... It wasn't all hypercars (#notallhypercars :p), but it was mainly the Top 4 or 5 that had no respect for slower classes from what I saw.

On another note, the LMP2s in Div2 were very respectful so kudos to them. Enjoyed some battles with the other GTE drivers. For the most part, BOP seems pretty even among the cars with slightly different strengths and weaknesses throughout a stint. Should make for a fun season.

message by the catfish

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
D2 traffic seemed decent today from GTE perspective. I had only one divebomb from a Senna in Abbey and that was about it. Some people still need to figure out that going side by side in tight corners when lapping slower traffic benefits noone, though.

Had fun racing with the GTEs around. No complaints there.

James Lyke

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
One of the most difficult race I've ever raced. Had a contact during the second lap, car was pointing right all the time and as a consequence I was destroying the FL wheel. Then I've tried to pit a lot earlier than everyone else. Maybe it was too early (in my defense, not my fault. Someone have to learn how to compute the required fuel :D ) and had to fuel saving the rest of the race. In any case, I had a little bit of fun defending, so I'm fine with that :)
I had a very little contact with a GT at the start of the second sector, sorry for that. It was not clear what was going to happen on the inside and I lost where my car was heading. :(

I would like to expose two point:
1- It seems that there is little to no respect during qualifying. People leave and join all the time, causing little lags everywhere. In addition, someone has to understand that you don't have to keep the racing line on the outlap, especially when someone else is doing his/her laptime. I was able to find one free lap, several laps with cars from other classes in their laptime (fair enough), most of the laps I had to slow down because people don't watch the mirrors coming out of the pit.
2- I had fps drops everywhere, even if I lowered my graphics settings. Microfreeze and lags are still a think. Anyone else with similar problems?
Totally agree with your qualifying comments. Mclarens and LMP2s have no respect for GTEs on hot laps. even overtaking in stupid places to then go straight to pits. if those cars are going to pits then be respectful. dont ruin our laps for nothing. I too found it almost impossible to qualify properly because of the traffic. i eventually found a gap that lasted long enough to get a lap on the board.

your 2nd point about lag, i have never really had lag issues in the past(non VR user) but i noticed today, everytime the Mclaren cars lapped me i got alot of lag and lower FPS. but as soon as they were gone everything was fine, 4-5laps later they come round again and the same thing happens again.

David Nichols

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
I'd invite anyone really to take a look at laps 6 through 8 for the top 5 Hypercars in Division 2 as they aggressively moved through GTE traffic the first time. I understand the urgency to try and make it to Div1, but this kind of behavior is more worthy of Div4 multiclass racing...
Sadly I have to agree. Some Hypercars where playing bumper cars with each other whilst lapping traffic. I had more contact from these cars in one race than I had all of last season. Some of what I saw was crazy. On reviewing the incidents, probably only one is worthy of an IRR, but I will allow that driver some leway this once. I get that people are trying and pushing, but this has to be the end of it. As always its a small number of the drivers, not all of them. I had no problems with the LMP2 traffic, for example.

As for the race, niether Jacob in our #264 or myself are much good at hotlapping, so Qual had us start from the rear of the pack. However once into the race we both steadily rose up the standings. We both made up around 8-9 spots before handing the cars over. Luckily both Brandon and Ernest seem to have more luck with the Hypercars than we had and they both managed to grab a couple of extra spots also. In the end an 8th place for the #264 and #13th from 22 for the #265 shows we really need to work on out Qualfying setups ;)

Despite the issues however it was fun. That first stint is one of the hardest 60 minutes I've done. Really enjoyable.

James Lyke

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Sadly I have to agree. Some Hypercars where playing bumper cars with each other whilst lapping traffic. I had more contact from these cars in one race than I had all of last season. Some of what I saw was crazy. On reviewing the incidents, probably only one is worthy of an IRR, but I will allow that driver some leway this once. I get that people are trying and pushing, but this has to be the end of it. As always its a small number of the drivers, not all of them. I had no problems with the LMP2 traffic, for example.

As for the race, niether Jacob in our #264 or myself are much good at hotlapping, so Qual had us start from the rear of the pack. However once into the race we both steadily rose up the standings. We both made up around 8-9 spots before handing the cars over. Luckily both Brandon and Ernest seem to have more luck with the Hypercars than we had and they both managed to grab a couple of extra spots also. In the end an 8th place for the #264 and #13th from 22 for the #265 shows we really need to work on out Qualfying setups ;)

Despite the issues however it was fun. That first stint is one of the hardest 60 minutes I've done. Really enjoyable.
it was a good battle at the start for us GTEs but unfortunately i lost the rear on the exit of becketts and had to play the catchup game

Christos Segkounas

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Our Division 1 LMP2 Rookie Monster entry grabbed a strong P4 at LeMans in the hands of Lars Jeppesen and James Willson and this race was a chance for myself and Augusto Arias to try and repeat that performance.
Unfortunately last minute personal issues meant Augusto had to sit it out and Lars was there to jump in and save the day.
Lars had a solid qualifying grabbing P5, very close to the cars in front and drove a rapid first stint ignoring the aggressive driving around him and getting the job done.
Unfortunately I made the grave error of forgetting to turn spectate on, and had to reload in.
It was very close with Lars having in the end to sit in the pitlane for 10+ secs while he waited for me to get in the car, sorry guys :rolleyes:
Ending up in 3rd I feel it was a good day's work, this is the first Division 1 appearance for the Rookie Monster team and the aim was to try and consolidate our entry ahead of a very exciting season.
Not much else to report, only a few hiccups with traffic, nothing to shout home about, small mistakes will happen all around, overall good driving conduct I could see of.
There are always some people driving overly aggressively but I have forgotten how it is to be that young so I don't want to judge :)
And no freezes in the actual race, good I won't have to send in a log file :whistle: :whitles: :whistling:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
And so the GTE vs prototype begins yet again.
Remember guys before complaining about the other classes, take a look at your own and make sure you are all predictable. Its hard to be the fastest class if there is no norm to go from. I could list a few things but its all written in the rules.
I will get back to admins later after we have the official replay,
While there is no reviews done, you are allowed to submit IRR, dont "contact admins" like i saw a comment on.
We finished the preseason with a second place in Lemans and a fourth place in Silverstone. Come on
Come on? come on season 12?

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I had to pull over my game was lagging since switching to warmup session, dangerous for the rest of the field.

At this point I'm lost on what to do to fix it, had these problems last year and they just seem worse now. I can't get VR to work with a full field in the endurance pack.

I'll look for a solution for the rest of the season.
I find that a bit weird if its just that pack, as i see its working with the GT3 pack on a different stream not long after this race. Those packs have 10 cars vs this with 6 cars. Obviously it didn´t have 40+ cars on the grid.

David Nichols

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
it was a good battle at the start for us GTEs but unfortunately i lost the rear on the exit of becketts and had to play the catchup game
I shared a photo of that early battle on our discord. Five GTE car all within touching distance for a good four laps. Really good stuff.

Michel Gulpen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Bit gutted with the result of this race due to Rf2 issues yet again.

But first let's start on a positive note. I really like the qualifying format as it is, it adds some element of strategy to it as we need to be searching for a gap to do a clean lap. Hopefully we keep it as it is however i can understand if it is to be changed to private as well.

I have read some post regarding the traffic in D3, on a personal note i have not the same experience, but then we as a team respect the GT traffic as the are fully loaded in most of the corners on this track. During my stint i think i had over moistened the stamp only once, letting it drip of the letter to be send ;). Luckily the GT saw it coming and leaved me the space.

Halfway during the race I had a great fight with #337 MCMotorsports and #329 Swedish Sim Racers. The racing was very fair so thanks for that!

On a more dramatic note: during the battle with MCMotorsports and the Swedish Sim Racers team i yet again had some sort of lag/freeze meaning that @Conny Naslund was on my roof all of a sudden.
@Jimmi Allison and @Marcel Offermans I have a trace file both of me and Conny (thanks for that). As i'm not sure if it is a physics freeze or just a lag spike i do not know if i should post the traces in the physics freeze topic to prevent cluttering, so please inform me where to post the traces.

Last time i had this issue was during season 11 le mans ending our race prematurely due to severe damage. Last week everything was ok but yesterday i had the issue again resulting in big damage. I hope that perhaps something can be found so i can do something about it.

On to season 12 it is.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score

But first let's start on a positive note. I really like the qualifying format as it is, it adds some element of strategy to it as we need to be searching for a gap to do a clean lap. Hopefully we keep it as it is however i can understand if it is to be changed to private as well.

I have read some post regarding the traffic in D3, on a personal note i have not the same experience, but then we as a team respect the GT traffic as the are fully loaded in most of the corners on this track. During my stint i think i had over moistened the stamp only once, letting it drip of the letter to be send ;). Luckily the GT saw it coming and leaved me the space.

Halfway during the race I had a great fight with #337 MCMotorsports and #329 Swedish Sim Racers. The racing was very fair so thanks for that!

On a more dramatic note: during the battle with MCMotorsports and the Swedish Sim Racers team i yet again had some sort of lag/freeze meaning that @Conny Naslund was on my roof all of a sudden.
@Jimmi Allison and @Marcel Offermans I have a trace file both of me and Conny (thanks for that). As i'm not sure if it is a physics freeze or just a lag spike i do not know if i should post the traces in the physics freeze topic to prevent cluttering, so please inform me where to post the traces.

Last time i had this issue was during season 11 le mans ending our race prematurely due to severe damage. Last week everything was ok but yesterday i had the issue again resulting in big damage. I hope that perhaps something can be found so i can do something about it.

On to season 12 it is.
Trace log does nothing, the devs needs performance logs:

Martin Dyrlund

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Every time a group of Senna's came from behind the stutter/lagging got worse, like going from 150+ FPS down to 30. Not sure if I experienced the same with the p2's. It's really close to be unplayable, but will try and do some offline testing. Any suggestions are welcome, I think it's the same issue as Yuri.

Had 3-4 stutters/lags in the WPR race later in the day in the hole race, that's what I had as a minimum every lap in VEC.

Theo Badry

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score

From my point of view, I think the strategy of going out to try to have a clear lap would be more realistic if the escape key were prohibited.

It doesn't make sense, in my opinion, to "simulate" car racing without forcing people to come back to the pits by staying on the track to reach the pits.

In reality, they have to go back to the pits, they don't have a magic button to carry themselves directly into the garage.

But maybe there is an experience of the Organizers that I don't perceive... :)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
From my point of view, I think the strategy of going out to try to have a clear lap would be more realistic if the escape key were prohibited.

It doesn't make sense, in my opinion, to "simulate" car racing without forcing people to come back to the pits by staying on the track to reach the pits.

In reality, they have to go back to the pits, they don't have a magic button to carry themselves directly into the garage.

But maybe there is an experience of the Organizers that I don't perceive... :)
Im not gonna add yet another manual task, so even though it sounds great its not going to happen right now.

Tony Mella

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score

I 100% agree. This + the fact that you can go out immediately after pressing esc means that there are more cars at a given time that there would be in real life. And they're more likely to be in a fast lap...

Tilen Horvat

Reaction score
Definitely an unlucky series of events for us DriveGameSeat Racing Team during this PreSeason race. We worked hard to develop a competitive car and it was all good for the first hour or so as Hermann Stocchi was right behind class leaders, then we ran out of luck: Cristian had lots of troubles joining the server, an issue that plagued us for the whole S11 but looked to be solved with last game builds, so Hermann had to use all of his trucker's skill to save fuel and gain an extra lap before pitting. After a few agitated minutes Cristian managed to gain control of the car, drove for a couple hundred meters and his driving hardware unexpectedly took a nap for a second or so and sent him into the wall. Game over.
We were so excited to go from D4 straight to D1 and having a podium-capable car was absolutely unbelievable, imagine a GP3 team battling for podium positions during their second Formula 1 race. Anyway, it was nice to believe it, see you D1, maybe next time.
Here are also 2 points of view of what happened:

Last edited: