What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Preseason 2 - 2 hours of Silverstone

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
1567925923565.png
Race Length: 2 hours
Race day: 14. September

Division 1-3 Race schedule:
15:00 - Server reboot
15:05 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:45 - All cars must be on the server - and stay there
16:00 - Qualifying (all classes)
16:40 - End of Qualifying
16:45 - Warmup
16:55 - Start of formation lap
17:00 - Green flag

Classes: LMHC, LMP2 and GTE

Livery submission
(premium only): Closed
Server Settings:
rFactor 2:
Latest build
Simulated race start Time: 15:00
Time accelerated: x1
Flag rules: Black only
Weather: live weather
Broadcast: Still being decided, there will be test
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap
Server online: Check here
Server details: Click here
Race director: Jimmi Allison
Live stewards:
Division 2: TBA
Division 3: TBA
Please review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Race schedule times are in CET/CEST whatever is being used in Copenhagen at the time of the race.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Divisions:
Multiple divisions will be used if we are oversubscribed. The entries into each division will be determined by previous results, on and off-track behaviour, ratings and pre-season performance. Also previous seasons dedication (show vs do not show) also weighs in. But we will host preseason events that will be used to make sure everyone is in the correct division.

Pre-Season:
See above, we will host 2 pre-season events that will be used to evaluate our decisions.
May i suggest teams are gonna push a bit more for this race. Teams outside top 8 are in danger of being moved to a lower division - but there is more too it, just so you know. Its nto pure speed, average lap times etc. Its ALSO behaviour.

Lars Jeppesen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Can I confirm that pit limit / code 80 speed is 100km/hr at Silverstone, and it won't change this season?

...and the track to use is SimRacing.Club VEC S11 18.0831?

Lars Jeppesen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
oh so running the silverstone track off line is not the same? What else is different? (other than RR)

Ben Boorman

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
I think if you disable all tracks and cars under Series options, then choose the event VEC_R02 you should have the correct track and mod settings to run offline.

Alex Woitala

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I just noticed that on the D1 server the flag rules are set to none which means you don't get a cut warning.

Ben Boorman

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Why run it offline?
I think so that it is possible to run through pit timings and gather data for race strategies without having other drivers tripping over you as you constantly enter and leave the pits.
Edit: Also means you can run race sessions to double check that there aren't any discrepancies between practice and race settings.

Last edited:

Tomasz Luty

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Jimmi I have a very important question to you. Since the track is running real weather at this moment with the temperature around 9-12 degrees (can verify that, its quite cold next to it), will you switch to static weather for the race. Just thinking of that as it might rise the track temp significantly

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Jimmi I have a very important question to you. Since the track is running real weather at this moment with the temperature around 9-12 degrees (can verify that, its quite cold next to it), will you switch to static weather for the race. Just thinking of that as it might rise the track temp significantly
Not sure i will leave it on, but if i take it off i wil (like le mans) set it to whatever is around the track at the given time.
To elebarate - i dont want to risk teams being DQ´ed etc, so i need to get back to test the "old" plugin and manually putting in data. I know this is working, so not a test per say - just make sure its all set up correctly etc.

Raymond Makkus

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
The track layout of the circuit is too large in the live timing division 3. In divisions 1 and 2 it looks good, it is smaller