What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Preseason 1 - 2 hours of Le Mans

Matthieu Decrop

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
@Matthieu Decrop what happened at the end of qualy yesterday? Looked like you just drove in to the wall and just came back across the track in front of me at Porsche Curves...

Cost me a lap that i was improving by 1.5s on
Hey Ryan ! Yeah my bad mate. My oulus CV1 freezed on image but the actual game was still on... then it completely crashed... i had no intention on ruining your lap at all..
Really sorry for the inconvenienve

Matthieu Decrop

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Think i spotted my problem. I probably need a more powerful power supply.. which i bought today to avoid the issue in the future

Matthieu Decrop

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
No worries. At least there’s some explanation rather than he just gave up on his lap and ruined mine at the same time!
I actually send youba poke on TS but not sure you received it ...
I have been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks now and the power supply is the only thing i can spot now.. i have 600W for a gtx 1080, 7700k proc and oculus.. think i need 750W at least. Its what i bought.

Matthieu Decrop

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
No worries. At least there’s some explanation rather than he just gave up on his lap and ruined mine at the same time!
I actually send youba poke on TS but not sure you received it ...
I have been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks now and the power supply is the only thing i can spot now.. i have 600W for a gtx 1080, 7700k proc and oculus.. think i need 750W at least. Its what i bought.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
My teammates just said to me about the race from yesterday, it happened in both pits that another car stopped right in front of us, and because of boxes too close each to another this car pitted at 45° rotation from the straight line, forcing us to use reverse both times to get through, losing a lot of time and maybe even risking black flag (there is BF if you go wrong way for too much space).
Just asking to review this for the upcoming tracks and an advice to review for actual 24h race next year.
The stalls are very much taken on how they are in real life, im not gonna change them. Real life can loose time as well.

Jeremy Talbot

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
My teammates just said to me about the race from yesterday, it happened in both pits that another car stopped right in front of us, and because of boxes too close each to another this car pitted at 45° rotation from the straight line, forcing us to use reverse both times to get through, losing a lot of time and maybe even risking black flag (there is BF if you go wrong way for too much space).
Just asking to review this for the upcoming tracks and an advice to review for actual 24h race next year.
Happened to us as well, we ended up losing about 7 seconds by having to reverse. Frustrating but it happens

David Beranek

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Also let me stress out that pit box´s are set to be:
LMHC, LMP2, GTE, LMHC, LMP2, GTE etc, so there will be very few issues. Obviously in these short races it probably will happen more often.
Then something wasn't right yesterday, we (LMP2 #27) had pit between two LMHCs - #6 behind and #7 in front which was just being repaired, if I parked it paralelly with the stall in our 2nd pit we would get stuck there :D

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
That sounds right, 7 infront was probably not alligned and another spot was there.
The game controls this as i´ve set it, and trust me i dont even have to check again, the pit boxes have been made, checked, double checked and checked again ;)

David Beranek

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
That sounds right, 7 infront was probably not alligned and another spot was there.
The game controls this as i´ve set it, and trust me i dont even have to check again, the pit boxes have been made, checked, double checked and checked again ;)
That's actually correct, but pitting for #55 there would be interesting :D

Attachments

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
That's actually correct, but pitting for #55 there would be interesting :D
Car classes usually pit on different times - that what I explained before.
You don’t have to be more than half the car in the pit box. If people can’t do it here their talents has decreased because it has been way tighter in previous seasons. But I doubt people are getting worse at driving.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
As announced preseason will be used to confirm our first initial thoughts about who fits where. There is used a lot of data and also behaviour is included, meaning everything from how you behave on forum, discord and regarding feedback from stewards. If you are a know-better-and-no-one-is-better-than-me kinda driver, dont expect anything really.
New users automatically goes on probation, and a few users has been put on probation before. Which leads me to this:

- Studenski has been on probation and have recieved numerous race bans, which is why as soon as he was added to a D1 car i contacted team manager and said he was instant on probation and the team was also putting their D1 spot on the line. Luck ran out and Studenski unfortuantly ran into a GTE in Porsche curves and instead of slowing down and probably not receive this, he continued.
Meaning Jan Studenski wont be allowed to participate in VEC S12 nor VLMC or any other events we hold until he once again has gone through SRCA. He will be allowed to sign up in 1 year from today. We have really given this driver plenty of opportunities to improve - expect us to become even more strict here.

- Andonovski is added to the probation list after numerous contacts in preseason race.

New drivers in VEC are on probation, so take it easy guys - show us you want to race clean.

While i think divisions are quite good, we see a few cars have improved significantly and even the other way around. Expect a few changes, however for next preseason race we are keeping it as is.

Obviously there will be people who wants to complain... decision is final, so you can write to that email i posted earlier: idontcare@simracing.club

Jason Whited

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Saturday was not the way the @230 SHQM car wanted to start this season.
And, while we've discussed this extensively as a team, we've remained silent here until now.

Only I must shoulder the blame for our very early departure from the race, and I think my own pride, more than anything else, has taken a slight beating this time around.

Going in, we felt confident in our pace and overall consistency. Our goal was simple (or, was supposed to be)....showcase our consistency, keep it clean, cross the finish at the checkered.
Practice went well, and though I didn't get a great lap in, quali went well enough. All was set for a decent showing.

Race came and after the start those around us sorted out and settled in somewhat, rather quickly. Within the first few laps I was positioned about middle of the P2 cars, with enough gap to the car behind to breathe slightly easy for a time. I tried to settle in and just knock off some laps, but I had a scary moment in porsche curves when I missed the approach slightly. Not much danger of crashing it, just a scary moment that slowed me down and jarred my nerves. That same lap, in final chicane, I got up on the sausage curb and the car ended up half spinning before I got the nose pointed down track again.

Lost a position because of the half spin, but no worries, I told myself. Time to calm back down, get the car back in order, and move on.
I was doing just that....so I thought. The next lap, I was probably even overly cautious. Wanted to assure there were no issues with the car, especially having hit the sausage curb in final chicane hard enough to put doubt in my mind. Nothing showing on HUD, but just never a bad idea to be safe.

Mid ways through [our] final lap, I started to regain confidence in the car. What happened in porsche curves the lap before 'felt weird'...a huge moment of unexpected understeer that was out of character for our car. But this time, it felt as it should, and I was just about to go onto the radio and say that when the unexpected happened.

I was exiting Maison Blanche, nothing out of the ordinary. Just driving the car, trying not to overthink it.
But, my exit was a bit long, and I suppose I just got over the little bit of rumble strip just the wrong way. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure how it happened, or why it happened....I'd practiced many exits there, even pressed the limits just to see what was possible in that area of track, without much issue....certainly not "this" issue.

After much time with the replay we've came to the conclusion the inside rear wheel (left rear, in this case) crossed over that small piece of curbing, and as it did I apparently altered my throttle input just enough that it caused a moment of snap oversteer, followed by me trying to correct it, followed [very quickly] by the car snapping off track right......very hard into the barrier. :(

I rolled into the grass, cursing myself for what just happened. I was angry that it happened, that I could not save it, that it all happened before I had time to process it.
I frantically tried to assess the car, followed by trying to restart the car...but it was not going to happen. I hit the barrier hard, the engine was dead (and, I didn't know it at the time, but after seeing the replay, I realize it also ripped the right rear tire from the car)

The next moments were some of the worst of my sim racing 'career'. I mean, sure, like most others, I've blown races. But it is very different when one must report such a thing to a team full of guys whom have dedicated a ton of time to such a venture. I must have spent an entire minute or more silent on the radio. I was speechless, and in some ways, I still feel that way.

Long story short (or shorter..it's already longer than I intended);
I have a highly supportive team of guys, both within our entry, and at SHQM as a whole. We talked, a lot. We analyzed how/why this incident happened. And while I cannot honestly say I completely understand the incident itself, or what led to it, I can say much outside of that was learned from this incident.

It's been suggested, by the team, that I move on from this, that I don't let it bog me down. And perhaps that is for the best in these cases. It's hard for me to do that, but maybe posting this here allows me to get it out of my system. It'll take a bit of effort to restore confidence in myself and my driving abilities....

But, it will be done. And the #230 car will fight another day.

To Silverstone we go, where we hope (and will do all in our power to assure) things go better for us than at Le Mans.

Simon Marshall

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
That’s a very open hearted review, no doubt everyone on your team has told you already but you can’t dwell on your mistakes, analyse them, and learn from them, but never let them get you down. You grow from them and time will heal your feelings. I challenge for anyone here to say they have never messed up! It’s not the mistakes you will be remembered for, it’s how you respond to them which defines you. The quicker you do the better for your team. See you next race!

Dmitri Buksha

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
This kind of mistakes happens from time to time. Once i lost the car (Saleen GT1) in the middle of a corner, before Dottinger Hohe, afer 19 hours of racing. So believe me it could be much worse) You have to learn from it and move on.

Malcolm Smith

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Our write up for the race:
@Henry Drury & @Bart Slobodzian

The Aston Martin #356 car lineup of Henry Drury, Malcolm Smith and Bart Slobodzian went into qualifying with high hopes of performing well after some good lap times in testing. Those hopes turned to reality at the hands of Drury, with a solid early lap putting the car into 2nd place, but failing to make much improvement in lap time for the rest of the session ended in 3rd on the grid in GTE; a good result to start the race.
The start didn’t go as planned, with a misunderstanding on the start location meant the car dropped down the order, combined with a spin early on meant there was a challenge to get back to the top of the field. Drury picked off cars one by one, fighting his way into 4th place before the first driver swap, handing over to Smith who got the car back to 3rd place once the first round of pit stops had all happened. With Slobodzian unable to take his stint in the car, Smith’s task was to hold 3rd, with 1st and 2nd off in the distance, but on the final pit stop an accidental double press on the pit limiter button meant a slight over speed in pit lane, with a drive through penalty applied. The penalty dropped the car back into 6th place with work to do. Upon closing the gap to 5th, deliberately hanging back was a good move while 4th and 5th battled hard, which ended in the two cars coming together, allowing Smith to take two easy positions.
The last challenge of the race was from the #363 SimHQ Motorsports car, which had the better pace at the end, catching Smith and having a good clean tussle for position over the next couple of laps, when Smith unfortunately touched the kerb while hard on the throttle on the exit of the final chicane and spun around, losing 4th with a lap to go. Smith brought the car home in 5th; not what we originally hoped, but a solid run nonetheless, with Drury taking the second fastest lap of the race. Roll on Silverstone.

Manuel Duerr

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Race Report from RevolutionSimRacing #23

Puh, that was a tough one. My teammate Christian put our car on P7 in Qualifying which was more than we expected coming from Division 2 last season. Christian had a calm stint and gave me the car sitting in P6. Taking over the car I did spin the car in the first mulsanne chicane. I could not believe it... lost around 5 to 6 seconds which was everything else than ideal.

Pace-wise I was not very happy with myself. The spin did not help but afterwards I just tried to do my laps and stay consistent. Fighting with @Thomas Lachevre was very fun, thank you for that sir! Last lap Thomas and myself had to do a splash and dash. Entered the pits 2 seconds in front of Thomas and left pits with a gap around 3 seconds to Thomas. We refueled too much, next mistake, meh!

Mission was clear, lets try to catch him again and I somehow managed it but see for yourself. Anyway, really enjoyed the race but there is still a lots of work in front of us to be more on pace.

Ben Kay

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Rookie Monsters 276 Aston :

I think it's fair to say our race didn't exactly go to plan.....our pace in practice and qualifying was OK, equivalent at least to the other Astons in the field.

However in the race we struggled, some down maybe to car set-up that we didn't quite nail, but both drivers had some spins during the race thanks to stutters and micro-freezes, though thankfully no damage or any collateral with any other cars.

During my stint, I really struggled to catch any slides or over-steer due to crazy FPS fluctuations that were present throughout the session, though not experienced in any practice sessions on the server (down to mid 20 FPS with a 7700k and 2080ti!), and on top of that some delayed pedal input signals, and occasional drop-out of FFB resistance....they really hindered my hour stint. Tracelogs sent to S397 so hopefully they can make use of it.

That and being unable to last a full hour fuel-wise (plus short-fuelling by a lap at the end..meaning an additional last lap stop) put paid to a good result for us. That said we certainly learnt much about the new Aston and are looking forward to Silverstone.

PC issues hopefully resolved by a full wipe and re-install......we will see.

Last edited:

Daniel Monteiro

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
PC issues hopefully resolved by a full wipe and re-install......we will see.
I recommend you have a look at the thread created by @Risto Kappet on the official forums on the link below:

I think following the tips on that thread will get you a very long way, and a re-install should not be needed (although it does not hurt). I have an i7-5820K and a GTX970, running on triple monitors, and all I had was a very tiny freeze and fps dropping a bit around McLaren Senna cars - and I only discovered the above thread after the race, so I have further optimised my pc since. And last season I had no freezes at all.