What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Preseason 1 - 2 hours of Le Mans

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Guys, are there any Valve Index users experiencing low fps in RFactor2 since last week? Before I was doing solid 60 FPS (i7 6700k, GTX2080Ti) with the Index on 120fps and 60 when asw(or the Steam's version of it) is activated. When I was practising on Div1 server and Practise server I could only get to 40fps. I use fpsvr and can see that my gpu and my cpu are both not bound.

Carsten Dyndegaard

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I had trouble getting on the server for my stint.
Extreamly long loadtime. And first time game shut down during load of cars: (first tracefile)

I have some wierd problem with my right monitor going black for 1-2 sec. happens multple times with short interval. Only have happened on D1 server. Both under practice and yesterday in the start of my sting. first time when I was riding with my team mate, and then a couple of times during first lap. (second tracefile)

My team mate had same issue in a practice session. But he has only one screen.
Any one have simular issues?

Attachments

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I had trouble getting on the server for my stint.
Extreamly long loadtime. And first time game shut down during load of cars: (first tracefile)

I have some wierd problem with my right monitor going black for 1-2 sec. happens multple times with short interval. Only have happened on D1 server. Both under practice and yesterday in the start of my sting. first time when I was riding with my team mate, and then a couple of times during first lap. (second tracefile)

My team mate had same issue in a practice session. But he has only one screen.
Any one have simular issues?
Please post these files on S397 forum. I don’t want to start being the middle man for files and explanation.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
But longer loading time during race is common. You have to load all cars etc in practice you usually don’t load 40+ cars.
Regarding one monitor going black - I would start by looking at cables I would find it very odd that a game can control monitors

Daniel Schmitt

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hey,
I got some fps issues too. GTX970.

To our Race:
It was good until the driver swap. We have done it since we are driving here... but this Time we got a issue. Christian came on the Server, Took place in the car. I Switched the Name in the pit menu, came into the pits and stopped. In the chatbox came the Warning that i losing the car in xx Second. Christian got the same Message just with He gaining the control. After the Countdown He Could Not Control the car. I had the car again. The Game Said that the car is Controlled by AI but it was still under my control. We tried it a Second Time but Christian couldnt took Place in the car. In the pits didnt came any Warning like „you lose the Control in...“ so i drove this Race alone.
Had anyone Problems like this or any clue what we have done wrong?

Greetings Daniel

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey,
I got some fps issues too. GTX970.

To our Race:
It was good until the driver swap. We have done it since we are driving here... but this Time we got a issue. Christian came on the Server, Took place in the car. I Switched the Name in the pit menu, came into the pits and stopped. In the chatbox came the Warning that i losing the car in xx Second. Christian got the same Message just with He gaining the control. After the Countdown He Could Not Control the car. I had the car again. The Game Said that the car is Controlled by AI but it was still under my control. We tried it a Second Time but Christian couldnt took Place in the car. In the pits didnt came any Warning like „you lose the Control in...“ so i drove this Race alone.
Had anyone Problems like this or any clue what we have done wrong?

Greetings Daniel
I suggest to get all files and submit these on S397 forum so the devs can look into these specific issues.

But the guide lines are posted elsewhere.
Same setup, make sure network settings match your internet etc

Karl Steeg

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
On track side cams i saw significant higher FPS than you - are you running too high textures vs what your PC is capable off? yes LM is heavy.
dont think so, ive got almost everything on low , looking at track data i can believe Le Mans needs alot of power

Matthias Grau

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
#89 GHM Motorsport

So a few words about our race. We decided to use medium tires. They are very stable but to slow in comparison with the soft tires. But our priority was a clean and cutfree Race. After the first stint we pitted for a bit fuel. Three laps later we had a planed driver change. (Our sisterteam had the same problem) But the Driver Change failed. So i rejoined. Then i Could drive. But i had only 45 fps and a lot of big stutters. So it was impossible to race at the limit. Especially the overlapping GTE cars cost me a lot of time because of the low fps rate. I was a few seconds slower than in practice. But we finished the race.

Next testrace we are back much more competitive.

PS: We race here since a few years and nerver got driver swap issues.

Attachments

Last edited:

Carsten Dyndegaard

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
But longer loading time during race is common. You have to load all cars etc in practice you usually don’t load 40+ cars.
Regarding one monitor going black - I would start by looking at cables I would find it very odd that a game can control monitors
I do find it very odd as well. Cables have been checked. It it not the screen loosing signal or power. It just goes black. And as written, team mate has same issue on one screen. Same pattern of screen going black 1-2 secuends. and doing so 3 or 4 times with short interval. Indeed it is odd. Have only experienced it on VEC lemans server.
Will post in the other thread as well as you suggests. thx.

Andrea Terzi

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I really enjoyed yesterday race, very nice battles and moves into traffic. Lots to learn about how to manage those LMHC coming when you have also GTs to overlap. Talking about fps, my teammate had some problem (running at 45-55fps) with medium graphic setting on gtx970. I have a gtx980 so my rig managed to do 110fps, but i suffered of minor freeze and not always fluid video. I am going to send our traces to s397 asap. Thanks everyone for the good time. See you at Silverstone!

Last edited:

Manuel Marsili

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
My teammates just said to me about the race from yesterday, it happened in both pits that another car stopped right in front of us, and because of boxes too close each to another this car pitted at 45° rotation from the straight line, forcing us to use reverse both times to get through, losing a lot of time and maybe even risking black flag (there is BF if you go wrong way for too much space).
Just asking to review this for the upcoming tracks and an advice to review for actual 24h race next year.

Ryan Nash

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
@Matthieu Decrop what happened at the end of qualy yesterday? Looked like you just drove in to the wall and just came back across the track in front of me at Porsche Curves...

Cost me a lap that i was improving by 1.5s on

Roy de Muinck

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
After having tried a bucket load of things, I'm really curious to know how people can top 299 before the first chicane in a Corvette without slipstream and without having the back step out on them in the Porsche curves. :oops: It's been a great source of frustration (and shame) to me ever since the BoP update that I haven't figured out how to run the car without adding downforce.

@Rogier de Klein and I had a decent race in D2, though my stint had a little more action than his. Looking forward to more racing.

Yeah it's a big change

Roy de Muinck

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
@Matthieu Decrop what happened at the end of qualy yesterday? Looked like you just drove in to the wall and just came back across the track in front of me at Porsche Curves...

Cost me a lap that i was improving by 1.5s on

His VR crashed he didn't see anything or anyone he is really sorry ... He was also 1.6 faster it's a shame.. Sorry about that Buddy

Adrian Blasco

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Yesterday’s race was very nice and fun, great result and great rhythm compared to Div1 and div2 , second place ahead of the second in the last lap he was giving accelerated is and braked on the straight and when I went to overtake him to put second in the last lap he threw himself at me and went to the wall, I don’t know if it was lag or what it was but if it hit me I would have been pretty pissed off. Anyway, happy with the result and looking forward to more

Ryan Nash

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
His VR crashed he didn't see anything or anyone he is really sorry ... He was also 1.6 faster it's a shame.. Sorry about that Buddy
No worries. At least there’s some explanation rather than he just gave up on his lap and ruined mine at the same time!