What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Preseason 1 - 2 hours of Le Mans

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score

Race Length: 2 hours
Race day: 7. September

Division 1-3 Race schedule:
15:00 - Server reboot
15:05 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:45 - All cars must be on the server - and stay there
16:00 - Qualifying (all classes)
16:40 - End of Qualifying
16:45 - Warmup
16:55 - Start of formation lap
17:10 - Green flag

Classes: LMHC, LMP2 and GTE

Livery submission
(premium only): Closed
Server Settings:
rFactor 2:
Latest build
Simulated race start Time: 17:00
Time accelerated: x1
Flag rules: Black only
Weather: live weather
Broadcast: Still being decided, there will be test
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap
Server online: Check here
Server details: Click here
Race director: Jimmi Allison
Live stewards:
Division 2: TBA​
Division 3: TBA​
Please review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Race schedule times are in CET/CEST whatever is being used in Copenhagen at the time of the race.

Last edited:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Before you ask "is qualifying private" is this how we will do qualifying all season, what about the start.
Qualifying: no, i still have a few thoughts - but this round its all classes for 40 minutes. We might add extra rules on this. You will be adviced
Start: You will know soon enough

General questions should not be in this thread, use the introduction instead. This is a race thread.

Lars Jeppesen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Will there be any more updates to the cars? In particular reguel rates, tyre changes, driver swaps? Are tyres changed at same time as refuel? What about tyres and driver swap?

Surely these types of info not 'secret' and we actually have to test them ourselves...

What about tyre info....

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Will there be any more updates to the cars? In particular reguel rates, tyre changes, driver swaps? Are tyres changed at same time as refuel? What about tyres and driver swap?

Surely these types of info not 'secret' and we actually have to test them ourselves...

What about tyre info....
Who said they were secret?
It will be similar to last season.

What about what tyre info?

Rules state that we can change the mod if we need to so there could be updates at any time. But for preseason no - not unless S397 releases anything

Lars Jeppesen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Okay great. Could you let us know what the refuel rates are, lost time for nozzle in/out, time for driver swap, time for tyre change, and obviously whether any are concurrent?

Could you also post the engine life info as well as the tyre wear chart thingie (lol no idea what the rf2 terms are), please. I.e. the stuff we cannot access.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay great. Could you let us know what the refuel rates are, lost time for nozzle in/out, time for driver swap, time for tyre change, and obviously whether any are concurrent?

Could you also post the engine life info as well as the tyre wear chart thingie (lol no idea what the rf2 terms are), please. I.e. the stuff we cannot access.
No obviously not.
All the info regarding pit stop you need to figure out yourself - I am not your crew chief. Got a few other things to do ;)

Lars Jeppesen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Okay so we have to do it all again. And obviously hope we don't blow the motor unless we test for 24hrs (as we don't know eng recommended redline etc)

But surely you can tell us refuel rates, and whether fuel / tyres / driver swaps are concurrent or not....

If not, will these stay fixed as is for remainder of series? We are all busy people and i certainly struggle to find time to test this stuff out so having to do it multiple times over the year would...just suck.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay so we have to do it all again. And obviously hope we don't blow the motor unless we test for 24hrs (as we don't know eng recommended redline etc)

But surely you can tell us refuel rates, and whether fuel / tyres / driver swaps are concurrent or not....

If not, will these stay fixed as is for remainder of series? We are all busy people and i certainly struggle to find time to test this stuff out so having to do it multiple times over the year would...just suck.
Then your probably have information laying around last year.
And no I can’t say anything is fixed at all. There will be changes done during the season.
That’s what testing and practice is - preparing ;)

Once the mod is done you can start doing tests. I repeat I do have other things to do. And not at pc at all, the time I have at pc is limited to prepare mod and not make data available for you.

And someone clever would perhaps consider testing at x60 or x24 or whatever one think would be helpful ;)

Shawn Jacobs

VLMC director
VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Don't think anyone has mentioned it on the forum but d1 server is down at the moment, would it be possible to get it rebooted when you get a chance @Jimmi Allison thanks in advance.

Adrian Blasco

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
It's true, I thought I was inactive because of some update for skins or something. It has been like this for a few days now.

Tomasz Luty

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
With lmp2 cars I find that the brakes are easily overheating in all of the big braking zones on fully open brake duct (tested with simhub), is that something that could be changed/addressed?
PS. I did try some brake balance (and Im getting 900 degrees fronts at Mulsanne),

Last edited:

Heiko Kolvenbach

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
With lmp2 cars I find that the brakes are easily overheating in all of the big braking zones on fully open brake duct (tested with simhub), is that something that could be changed/addressed?
PS. I did try some brake balance (and Im getting 900 degrees fronts at Mulsanne),
Theas are normal Tamps

Cast iron brake discs withstand temperatures up to 1000 ° C, silicon carbide discs 1300 ° C and carbon disks 2000 ° C.