What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Practise Sessions

Matt Jacobs

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm fairly new to rFactor 2, and recently registered at Simracing club.
One of the things I really miss from iRacing is the practise sessions that you can drop in on at any time.
Being able to practise race craft for upcoming races and leagues is really useful.
The academy is not open for sign ups currently, so I'm kind of in limbo until it opens again.

Anyone know of any regular practise sessions anywhere?

I'm somewhat new here too Matt. I was on the SRCA server yesterday though and ran a couple sessions with 2 other guys though. I ran a couple prior endurance events with a team here and if I recall, those servers tended to be more populated. But again, it's a smaller group of folks here than in iRacing though as we get closer to the race I imagine you'll see more people on.

I do enjoy running with other racers live as well as it really helps racecraft. Since we don't have iRacing's overall population, maybe we can coordinate some "unofficial" practice sessions on the server since it is always up and running?

I'm Central Time in the U.S. so drop me a pm if you'd like to coordinate some time specifically this week.

Leading up to next weeks' race we could post a couple specific times for unofficial/more populated practice sessions? Maybe that will encourage other SRCA members to come online and practice together?

Open to ideas here as long as the admins approve. Drop me a pm.

Probably going to be a little tricky on the time zone difference, but the for the offer.
Of course, the other issue for new people that haven't joined the academy, is we don't have access to teamspeak or server passwords.
Hopefully the next season will be starting soon ;)

Sounds good Matt. Saturday's and Sunday's are also an option for me as I've little to nothing to do on the weekends. Only 2 races left in this season!

I can not promise anything in the name of administration at this point, but it is a good idea and we will talk about this kind of server in next days.

I can not promise anything in the name of administration at this point, but it is a good idea and we will talk about this kind of server in next days.

Matej - I was going to send a message to some of the U.S. users (only because I'm in the U.S) seeing if anyone was interested in a couple of informal practice session leading up to the race this weekend or next weekend. I'll hold off on doing that in case you guys decide on something more formal, but I don't mind hitting them all up if it were easier for all involved.

That would be awesome. Also, would this require an license? People like me who join mid season in the academy are in limbo. I can't sign for anything until the academy opens again.
So i'm unable to get a license at the moment.

Quick edit to clarify I can't sign for the academy at the moment as it's not open. I meant people like me who register at SRC when the academy is in mid season.