What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Practice Server Real Road

SJ

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Jimmi Allison @Bernd Schmidt I know this topic has been gone over several times, but can we please come up with a method for getting some sort of rubber down on the server at the start of a session?

For people not in the EU time zone it makes using the server a bit pointless since we spend the first half of the session sliding around every where and so we pretty much have to practice offline. Which is a real shame since we don't get to practice with anyone else unless we organise something in advance. (or put up with the sliding and hope someone else joins)

Perhaps after each VLMS round (or VEC if not done by VLMS) we could have an organised rubber session, basically just a day and time to get at least a few drivers on the server at once to get a half decent rubbered in track and then someone has responsibility to save it and send it to you at the end (I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers).

I know this is an added annoyance for you, but it would mean a lot to us who aren't in eu timezones, really can't express how much I would appreciate it if we can come up with a plan and have it followed each round.

I have a real road that was saved from the other day (had to request someone go save it for me since I was at work lol)

Can we please have it uploaded to the servers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txpxqvh8yqa3tjz/div1 12-11-17.rrbin?dl=0

As you maybe have recognized, Jimmi and also myself are very busy due to new jobs, so it can be that we wont actualize everything after a few hours, so patience is needed even when its not the best for the drivers, but it is what it is.

For the rubberfile, we can't do there anything, so its up to the drivers that they are on the server and creating a rubber file, we wont spent the time and sit down with the cars and create a rubber file, so the servers will be online mostly on sunday/monday after the last race and then a rubber file can be created, how long does this takes it's up to the drivers.

We'll upload this rubber file latest tomorrow then, but please understand it that something won't happen as fast as it was in the past related to the reasons i mentioned above.

Cheers

As you maybe have recognized, Jimmi and also myself are very busy due to new jobs, so it can be that we wont actualize everything after a few hours, so patience is needed even when its not the best for the drivers, but it is what it is.

For the rubberfile, we can't do there anything, so its up to the drivers that they are on the server and creating a rubber file, we wont spent the time and sit down with the cars and create a rubber file, so the servers will be online mostly on sunday/monday after the last race and then a rubber file can be created, how long does this takes it's up to the drivers.

We'll upload this rubber file latest tomorrow then, but please understand it that something won't happen as fast as it was in the past related to the reasons i mentioned above.

Cheers
Cheers Bernd, for next round if there isn't one done by the Friday night after VEC I'll put up a post to try and get a few people on and will save the rr and get it uploaded.