What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Potential tweaks?

Reaction score
I'm not sure if all of you guys and girls play offline - if you don't, my questions perhaps wont be a valid one.
I had planned on running a 5 hour race today at le man, offline, with a multiclass field from the uhd stuff, px1, px2 and egt (me running in egt) Starting in early evening into the darkness of night.
Practice was grand and we got some rubber down etc and I was happy with the car set up and so ran qualy too.
Backtracking slightly - I'd finally managed to find a "current" version of le man. It seems theres not many about? The one I'd found is a 0.6 version, which could be amplifying some of my issues.
I'd ran a practice session yesterday and noticed that the same class cars were way too slow (I normally run at 105%-108% difficulty) So I ramped that up to the full 120% and redid the practice to test. I was till a fair bit faster, but thought I'd run with it!
Save the road and did the qualifying this morning and then stared the race, the formation lap and rolling start ballsed up a few times, after multiple restarts I decided to go back out and change it to standing start. I also decided not to run qualy again. Due to me being a bit faster, I thought it'd be more of a challenge for me.
Anyway, standing start was fine and halfway through the first stint I'd progressed to the front of the field (in class) and settled down into a rhythm,
First stint nearly over, and I was debating when to go in the pits for a new set of boots and a full tank, but alas - an ai car had an issues and a full course yellow flew.
I was in the last sector so decided to come in then, as the pits were open.
Back out, I caught the car I should be following and turned the engine down to save fuel, and continued to reel off laps at 80mph.
This is where the problems came.
The yellow didn't go back in!! After about half an hour I'd ran out of patience and bit the bullet that something wasn't right. Cars still running then started to retire - I presume ran out of fuel (even though the pits were open) I'd had enough, and so left.
Looking at the monitor - one of the px1 cars had managed to to get stuck behind a barrier! and had no where to go - hence why the yellow hadn't gone back in!

So, I have a few questions.
- Does the track quality change the ai performances somehow? - Although I have no idea how it got behind the barrier!
- Can we tweak the JSON file to increase ai performance (although it has only been this track that I've had to really put it about 108%)
- Is there someway to force the yellow to end/force retire a car without retiring yourself too...
- Is there a le man version I'm somehow missing? (I've seen a few youtube vids of the races held with you guys - but presume its limited to the people competing?)

I suppose I could race online, but without private servers there too many lunatics about just in it to ruin it for others, thats why i'm looking forward to racing with you lot!

Apologies for being long winded :)

Si